Press release: Special Hardback Edition of "Autobiography" to be published on 5th Dec 2013 - TTY

Money is nice.

Those discographies on Stephane's site, Goddard's books, here, and Wikipedia and countless other places seem not to be worth a penny. But this one is. They mentioned it.

P.

Last edited:
UPDATE Nov. 16:

Hi-res image at Amazon.co.uk, link posted by intlplayboy / Tumblr:

91-5xcdcobl._sl1500_.jpg

14 November 2013

Press release: Autobiography by Morrissey, Special Hardback Edition to be published by Penguin Classics on 5 December 2013
- true-to-you.net

autobiography_morrissey_special_hardback_release.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That pic always drove me crazy. Phwar. And released on Mozart's death day? Goddam. GODDAM! Bury me in a pauper's grave any day. :love:

Egad, why not just release them both at the same time?

Hardcore fans would have bought the expensive hardback version anyway. The curious, casual fan would have bought the paperback version.

If the images are as average as the ones chosen for the paperback book, prepare to be disappointed.

So we can have 2 versions (possibly 3 if an unabridged paperback comes out) of a book and an audio book, but we can't buy a cd single of Satellite....
Which despite eco warriors and lack of shops to sell it - might sell a few... perhaps more than those who own a record player.....bletch!
God help us if an album appears.... despite the decline, 69.4 million cd albums were sold last year in the UK. It's beyond ironic that someone credited with not using the internet and using a fax machine is so ready to embrace technology and 'digital' formats that it excludes cd singles.... which, strangely they managed on their last release.... ho hum,
FWD

*sigh*

now that it sold good , he finally comes with a proper one, damnit, I should've wait, I could've know
the hardback would come

'and they say he's mentall' ... money changes everything

I'm happy with my paperback at 6 quid.

Yeah, I'll probably just settle for the paperback. How did you get it so cheap? I have to pay double here.

Very very clever dear old Morrissey.....
Cheers Moz

It's a rip-off, and a blatant cash cow in time for Xmas, but damn it... I'm still annoyed that I already bought and read the softcover! I was disappointed the moment it was announced that, unlike any other (auto)biography, this would be initially released as a softcover. I should have seen it coming.

Why is everyone blaming Morrissey when it's blatantly obvious this is Penguin's doing? THEY pay him an advance and then THEY can do what they like to recoup it, nothing wrong with that, that's how publishing (and indeed the record industry) works. Oh yes - because this is So_Low, where the default setting is "Blame Morrissey". He's a singer and lyricist, not some Blofeld-like master strategist, whereas record companies and publishing houses are full of highly paid executives who are expert in commercially exploiting their "properties". Moz won't be receiving any more money for this edition - he'll have had his cash upfront and now it's up to the publishers to recoup their outlay however THEY see fit. People were moaning before because the book he'd been talking about for ages didn't seem even close to being published, but now it has been published, there's yet more moaning because two different editions are being issued! Plus ca change.

A book issued in both hardcover AND softcover? Wow, what an unusual, cynical, exploitative innovation. It was always going to be a softcover first becaue that's how Penguin Classics are published.

So we can have 2 versions (possibly 3 if an unabridged paperback comes out) of a book and an audio book, but we can't buy a cd single of Satellite....
Which despite eco warriors and lack of shops to sell it - might sell a few... perhaps more than those who own a record player.....bletch!
God help us if an album appears.... despite the decline, 69.4 million cd albums were sold last year in the UK. It's beyond ironic that someone credited with not using the internet and using a fax machine is so ready to embrace technology and 'digital' formats that it excludes cd singles.... which, strangely they managed on their last release.... ho hum,
FWD

I think you'll find that Morrissey is VERY proficient with modern technology.

Yeah, I'll probably just settle for the paperback. How did you get it so cheap? I have to pay double here.

I got mine for £4.50 on amazon.co.uk. It was 5.99 when I ordered it but by the time they were ready to ship it had dropped to 4.50 so they refunded me the difference. The '25 Live' blu-ray arrived the same day and I enjoyed that immensely more than I enjoyed the autobiography. As a life-long Moz fan I found the autobiography forgettable and unrevealing. And it gave me absolutely zero insight into the songwriting process or the recording sessions.
ACTON

A copy of the book for every room in my apartment...And then a digital when NOT at home! ;P Good - in case there's need for a quick reference!

I got mine for £4.50 on amazon.co.uk. It was 5.99 when I ordered it but by the time they were ready to ship it had dropped to 4.50 so they refunded me the difference. The '25 Live' blu-ray arrived the same day and I enjoyed that immensely more than I enjoyed the autobiography. As a life-long Moz fan I found the autobiography forgettable and unrevealing. And it gave me absolutely zero insight into the songwriting process or the recording sessions.
ACTON

You tight bastard

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom