Post your pics of Mozz landmarks!

bollards.jpg

The Hacienda, Whitworth Street, Manchester. Rumoured to be the nightclub Mozz was singing about when he sang, 'there's a club if you'd like to go...' ('How soon is now?') as he owned a Hacienda membership card, and regularly attended, in the early 80's.

1751048043_5e21ab5da3.jpg

1751047395_c883812845.jpg

2mzy7me.jpg

edit: ha, funny that someone posted a pic of 32 chester square right before me. didn't even see it until after i had posted.

Gangstadroooool.jpg

l_868ab5e3f44f64944473f70ee24ee139.jpg

this a is wall mural on a side street in hollywood. i don't remember what street it is, but it's of off hollywood blvd. between highland and vine.

i know its not necessarily a land mark, but it shows that he was there.

and doesn't exist anymore!

Also, the Smiths played there in the their early career.

yeah... I may be wrong, but wasn't that the first gig where Morrissey showered the audience with flowers?

a mate of a mate owns the Hacienda DJ desk- he's got it in his living room; they auvtioned off a lot of the furniture when it closed. Quoth my mate, 'what the hell did you buy that for?!'; him- 'it's the Hacienda!' my mate- 'you're an idiot!'

Have you got any 'pictures' that you have taken?

no... er, I probably shouldn't mention this, but I did have some old photos of Mozz from the Stretford days, that I aquired when I er... stole his trash once in the late 1980's... there were about 3, torn into quarters, but I stuck them back together again. I threw them out a year later, when I developed a conscience, and I would not do that thing again today!

328261463_8ca663df84.jpg

Morrissey on one of the mosaic murals on the outside of Affleck's Palace shopping arcade. Not strictly a Mozz landmark, but I think it may be on the 'Smiths tour of Manchester'...

love the pic, ella-reflex :cool:

Back
Top Bottom