Post your Morrissey artwork here

Touched up and edited to look a lot better now, fixed the jacket colour. Had some photoshop issues but now sorted.

Touched up and edited to look a lot better now, fixed the jacket colour. Had some photoshop issues but now sorted.

Hee, hee. The jokerizing is apparently working because the IMAX in New York City for the Dark Knight movie is SOLD OUT for the next four days!

I really like this one, it's just the football I feel that doesn't match.
apart from that - whoooooa :)

Yes, I see what you mean. I guess I just liked it the way it was. Maybe I should have outlined it as well in keeping with the style.

This piece was based on a Nike ad campaign I saw done by a UK based design studio called I Love Dust. I took a more lazier approach, but I came close with the same dramatic effect.

I just wanted to see if I could do it. Like Nike says, "Just Do It" :p

nike.jpg

How did you manage to create this, what software did you use?

Tah

I used Adobe Photoshop to create a clipping path around Morrissey. Then, I brought him into Adobe Illustrator and placed him on a black background. I did this so I can place images in back of him as well as on top of him.

Most of the Manchester landmarks were just jpg images off the web clipped and shown in reverse with the threshold adjusted to remove most of the greyscale. The ribbon-y and viney stuff is vector done in Illustrator.

Would make a nice cover for Throwing My Arms Round Paris

Oh, well what a lovely thing to say. Yes, my intention was to have the images wrap themselves around him as if he was being embraced, however I used images of Manchester instead of Paris. Now I feel I missed an opportunity. :p

Some of the images people may recognize include Salford Lads club, Manchester United, Trinity Church, some smokestack factories and the M40 highway.

Oh, well what a lovely thing to say. Yes, my intention was to have the images wrap themselves around him as if he was being embraced, however I used images of Manchester instead of Paris. Now I feel I missed an opportunity. :p

Some of the images people may recognize include Salford Lads club, Manchester United, Trinity Church, some smokestack factories and the M40 highway.

Quality work. It must have taken you a very long time, just creating the ribbons to contour so nicely with the rest and aligning the perspective on the photoshop pieces. You must do this for a living. :)

I do work with images for a living (2-D, web, and animation) but unfortunately I rarely get to do work of this quality. Most of my time is spent working with corporate and business-related images.

No matter how hard I try to push for a little innovation, (I would settle for trendy) I'm basically asked to use the same, tired, images and ideas for promotional pieces.

Only doing work like this in my spare time and reading up on current trends in design magazines, mostly from the UK, keep my mind from rotting.

Hi Corrissey. Thank you, as always. :)

No it's actually brown and white chalk on yellow paper. I’m trying to add a bit of colour to my artwork.

Is it conté crayon? The brown part?

Tags
fan art
Back
Top Bottom