Post your Morrissey artwork here

The artwork on here is truely amazing.

Lilikoi, I envy you. I never had the patience or skill to paint in watercolors. Beautiful.

Slum Mum, your cross-stitching piece blew me away. How did you create the pattern to follow (I'm assuming you followed a pattern?) Exactly how many colored threads did you use?

As promised, retro 70s Morrissey with a little grunge thrown in:

retromozrh9.gif

Guys, did you know David is accepting Morrissey-Solo banners for consideration? It may require some creative cropping, but why not convert some of your pieces into banners for mass exposure?

http://images.morrissey-solo.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=26

Oh Mozmic!!! Yours is wonderful!! I want one for waaaaaaaallll!!! Your work looks really professional!

You all have done a great job!

I'm going to create something on Adobe after I eat my lunch, although it won't be nearly as good as Mozmic's. ;)

I love to cross stitch and this is something i made for a very special friend. It took three months to do.

TurkeyMoz498.jpg

TurkeyMoz497.jpg

OH-MY-GOOOOOOD...!!!!!!!!!!

Slum Mum!! You just caused me a jawdrop!!! How in life a human can do something like that!!!! When I saw it at first I thought it was the actual picture with some computer effect... I mean... It just looks like a picture!! Not a drawing or sketch at all!!! It's simply perfect!!! How could you copy the proportions and colors so perfectly, I can't figure it out... And I can imagine why it took 3 months to get finished... I take off my hat and take a bow before your craftsmanship... I wish I could something like that... But you'll have to reveal the secret! How did you do it!! Maybe did you print the image first in the net and then you stitched it?? And you had to use so many different colors and little stitches... I'm more than amazed...

ahem - my first couple of attempts at watercolour portraits...(I usually only paint foliage ;-)

these scans are not the best - not sharp and cut off, but for now that's all I have

mozzy1.jpg

mozzy2.jpg

Ooohhh Gabi!!! I wish I could paint in watercolour like that... You work the shadows so well... I really liked the way you managed the colors... I think I arrived too late to the drawing and painting talents distribution... sobs!

This forum is full of artists!!!! But me... Snif!

Slum mum do you have a pattern for that cross stitch??

I have one for a different pic but its got loads of black in it and cant do it so have given up x

I don't know if this will work but, below is a link to download a print-quality color piece of my retro picture for your own use. It's a high resolution pdf file (Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader needed) and sized 11 inches by 8.5 inches.

I think color printers outside the US uses different-sized paper output (and use a different unit of measurement) but, I think this might will work if Printer Preferences allow you to output to fit paper size. If not, I may need to resize.

Well, let's try it as a goof:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KY7ROQ0R

but don't you think he looks like Hugh Grant with lipstick and glued on eyebrows on the first picture.

:) No! He doesn't look like Hugh Grant at all! I don't like Hugh Grant and I would recognize a Grant when I see one.

lilikoi said:
never wanted to paint people because I truly dislike them

But Morrissey isn't a normal human being. He is GOD! :D So it's okay to paint him.

Should we ever meet ourselves you have to show me the water colour thing. I want to learn that as well.

@Ceci: Don't be sad if you can't paint or draw. Everyone has his/her own talents. One person is good at painting, another one in playing the guitar and another one in writing music or acting or sports or dancing or whatever. I'm sure you can do things I can't do.

Thank you all for sharing of your amazing artwork.

Here’s a few more charcoal drawings.

80smoz7.jpg

80smoz.jpg

Turnedupandmis.jpg

face.jpg

cool, you did quite a LOT of portraits of him - have you made a website of "moz art" yet?

Yeah, I go through stages of drawing one person over and over again. This would defiantly be my 'Morrissey stage'.

I don’t have a 'Moz art' site, but I have a gallery on http://browse.deviantart.com/ . Do you know of this site? It’s an Art site where people can share their artwork. There is so much amazing artwork on there. You should check it out.

Last edited:
Thank you all for sharing of your amazing artwork.

Here’s a few more charcoal drawings.

Amazing drawings!!!! Really, really beautiful! I'm impressed.

But if you put little white points in the eyes (pupil) then the eyes are more "living".

I like the eyes on the second picture. I can nearly see the blue colour of them!

Tags
fan art
Back
Top Bottom