Post your Morrissey artwork here

Wow, that is wonderful, Tbevie. You are very talented, too. I like how you left just the right amount of detail. I feel I tend to overdo it, sometimes.

I remember my Smiths picture I did in Illustration class years ago had all four band members from the Hatful of Hollow centerfold, but positioned differently and placed in a gritty street setting. It was done in tempera. I will see if I could find it and post it here.

My posted picture was my little tribute to the style of punk. My current piece I am working on will depict Morrissey with a groovy retro-70s vibe. Oh, look out!

Will post soon.

Wow, that is wonderful, Tbevie. You are very talented, too. I like how you left just the right amount of detail. I feel I tend to overdo it, sometimes.

I remember my Smiths picture I did in Illustration class years ago had all four band members from the Hatful of Hollow centerfold, but positioned differently and placed in a gritty street setting. It was done in tempera. I will see if I could find it and post it here.

My posted picture was my little tribute to the style of punk. My current piece I am working on will depict Morrissey with a groovy retro-70s vibe. Oh, look out!

Will post soon.

They sound great, looking forward to seeing them :)

And thanks I’m glad you liked it, but in my opinion it’s not a patch on yours.

this is my first post here, so hello everyone!

anyway, here's a drawing a did a couple months back. sorry it's so dark, i don't have a scanner and the flash glared off the graphite.

2.jpg

... i botched his right eye. ... *crawls into corner with shame*

This is a super idea for a thread. It is so much fun for me to see everyone's work.

Here is an alternate version of my Icon image with the "icon" removed and more images of Rome added:

songsavelife2bi5.gif

I really like this. Vektors ruuuule.

Last edited:
this is my first post here, so hello everyone!

anyway, here's a drawing a did a couple months back. sorry it's so dark, i don't have a scanner and the flash glared off the graphite.

2.jpg

... i botched his right eye. ... *crawls into corner with shame*

I really like this, very delicate. Thanks for sharing :)

Here’s a few more Smiths based illustrations. Very simple shapes, nothing to spectacular.

thesmiths5.jpg

thesmiths3.jpg

thesmiths2.jpg

thesmiths4.jpg

Hey! Love the charcoal! You know what you're good at, that I'm totally terrible at? You can make a person look like themselves with just a few strokes of whatever medium you're using. I can't do that at all... I need to put lots of details and stuff for the person to look like the person.

And sorry I've been quiet by the way, but I just moved from Toronto to Manchester and the last months have been absolutely mad. :) All calming down now, except I haven't got any art stuff yet, no canvas, paper, paint, nothing. So creativity on hold for now.

some wallpapers I just dug out somewhere in the depths of my harddrive...

wallpaper3.jpg

wallpaper2.jpg

wallpaper1.jpg

Wow, elsberry, these are great!

As well as the vector work, I especially like how you combined words with the images.

Just finished my last painting. It's acrylic on canvas. 50x70 cm. It looks much better in real and it's not my best one but my second best. My Robbie painting is better. I just can't find THE Moz pic to paint which is perfect.

Dark-Morrissey.jpg

Great stuff elsberry.

WHY- excellent picture. I know what you mean about finding the right picture. I'm still looking for a great one to use. I started a painting months ago but realised it's not the best one to translate to canvas. Still working on it, I'm determined to finish it.
Wouldn't it be so much better to work from life!
:)

If it was from life AND naked even I would find a paint brush ha ha..........
seriously guys some great art work on this thread. not sure how it could be done but would be great to have a small exibition of all the different ones sometime when theres another moz tour, we could even beg him to come and view them mmmmmmmmmmmmmm .................ah well bed calls, nightshift tonight.
Trouble Loves Me

Thanks to all!!

I have the same nobly wallpaper as you :p

:D Of course my wallpaper is painted by myself as well!!! In light lavender. Most people think it might be look crap but in fact it's amazing!!! Best colour in my flat. ;)

I started a painting months ago but realised it's not the best one to translate to canvas.

Oh, I know that! Had the same problem with a Peter Gabriel painting. It just didn't work. It was a picture from his "Shock the monkey" time with that special make-up but I f*cking couldn't paint it. *ggggrrrr* I painted abstract art over it. I didn't want to throw the canvas away.

but would be great to have a small exibition of all the different ones sometime when theres another moz tour, we could even beg him to come and view them mmmmmmmmmmmmmm .................

View them?? You probably mean view HIM!! :D I love art but I couldn't look at a painting when HE is in the same room.

IMG_0776.jpg

here's a painting i'm working on
essentially, it will remain the same. i'm just thinking, looking at it now, i should probably make morrissey's nose smaller.
this is what happens when i draw from the headdddddddddddd

No, the nose is okay! Leave it like that. I like this painting! The girl's face in the background is very interesting. :D

IMG_0776.jpg

here's a painting i'm working on
essentially, it will remain the same. i'm just thinking, looking at it now, i should probably make morrissey's nose smaller.
this is what happens when i draw from the headdddddddddddd

I like it. Leave the nose.

Tags
fan art
Back
Top Bottom