Post your Greatest Hits fan artwork

Worm? :confused:

Ok, Moz Mistress is it. :D

Sorry. I should explain. I have this theory that Worm is actually Morrissey, slumming about So-Low and claiming to be an American. When confronted about it he gets very flustered and threatens to stop faxing me, so that right there seems like evidence enough. Check out the 'Jack The Ripper' studio on this GH outing.. thread for yesterday's silliness.

P.S. Bitchin'! I have a cyber Mistress. I feel very French! I have a dream: my quiff will rise again!:)

Last edited:
Sorry. I should explain. I have this theory that Worm is actually Morrissey, slumming about So-Low and claiming to be an American. When confronted about it he gets very flustered and threatens to stop faxing me, so that right there seems like evidence enough...:)

Thanx -that's what I was thinking u were thinking :)

P.S. Cool. I have a cyber Mistress. I feel very French.:)

I feel very dirty :p lolzzz

My attempts:

Love PTxx.

Nice! I like the contrasting red and blue covers.

Question: so has the track list not been released yet? Is that why everybody is creating their own?

Me thinks it'll be heavy on YATQ and ROTT with perhaps a b-side like "Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice." Rhino already released a GH with tracks from the older albums, what would be the point in re-issuing the exact same tracks again?:confused:

Thanx -that's what I was thinking u were thinking :)

I feel very dirty :p lolzzz

First you're typing dirty, now you're feeling dirty...that purring sound is a very contented Vauxhall95...:)

You had to post a photo of a "licking" cat!? He just keeps licking, and licking, and licking! He's unrelenting!

Seriously, no more photos of animals, it's been hard enough to concentrate lately. I don't want that image to pop in my head at an inopportune time! That'll set me back years!:)

Lick, lick, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!:)

Practising Troublemaker said:
My attempts:

Attachment 3994

Attachment 3995

(Click for bigger size)

Love PTxx.

There are so many of these Moz-on-the-floor photos and you happen to stumble upon the best ones ever! These sum up the tour in a nutshell. I love these.

jetboyla said:
Here ya go, a little more on the abstract side, but still Moz
I think showing his feet is a very unusual idea and express a beyond-the-norm viewpoint. It reminds me of those stories of Morrissey wearing his good shoes with the Chivas uniform and socks! That is so him!

Great job, jetboyla.

Worm said:
The above would be for the 7" of course. Here's my GH. I guess I'm going with the smoking theme. Hmmm.
Worm, you have both writing talent and artistic talent? Damn! Do you sew your own curtains and make your own jelly perserves as well?

I like these photos very much. That Marlon Brando one is a pisser.

Great work, everyone. Let's see more!

-------Slow moving commentary approaching --------

Your choice of photos remind me how unique in style the Smiths album covers were at the time. I think using these kind of photos communicate to the viewer alot about the band's attitudes, aesthetic and cultural references.

Nowadays, the only time I see covers like these, they are on classical music compilations!

I've mentioned this once before, but its worth repeating; many of my friends who went into graphic design (or commercial arts, as it was called then) did so because they dreamed of being album cover artists; this was when album covers were a big deal and vinyl was the main choice for listening to music.

Once cassettes and cds became more popular, these great pieces of work were shunk down and even cropped down to the point where they would sometimes lose their original meaning. I think even the record companies, too, devalued the work of these artists and they viewpoints were often dismissed in favor of marketing "experts" and accountants. Morrissey's cd and single choices of recent day pretty much reflect this kind of malaise. I don't blame Morrissey for this. He was a young man at the time at Rough Trade and that allotted him as much control as he wanted.

Record companies today don't expect their artists to design their own covers; or if they did, not any more that a vote for yea or ney on comps.

CD/DVD design packaging is still relevent, but the folks I know that do it approach it differently now and are trying to convince music companies suits that people will buy cds if they are elegantly and creatively packaged, or if that have some sort of interactive quality i.e. contain moving pieces, stickers, ulilize unique materials, inks, papers or even textiles.

If music companies want to move units, they they should allow craftspeople to do what they do best and keep the marketers out of the studio with their dirty finger alway marking up the computer screen and spilling coffee on proofs.

Can you tell I dislike marketers? :p

Here’s my effort. It’s not very exciting. I just used one of my drawings and played around with it in Photoshop. I think it has a little bit of a smiths feel to it.

Back
Top Bottom