Post your Greatest Hits fan artwork

The above would be for the 7" of course. Here's my GH. I guess I'm going with the smoking theme. Hmmm.

hits_A.jpg

Last edited:
Great choice of photos, Modcon.

Here is my versions, front and back. I envision this using metallic ink, like a Pantone 8420C with a varnish (ya know, just to be different) Why? Because he's worth it.

This shot; it has everything — dynamic angle, orgasmic face, chest hair, subtle quiff, plaster (band-aid) on face, and knotted shirt with belly-belly poking out :p This photo tells you every you need to know about Morrissey.

I always liked how on the Beatles Abbey Road album, they didn't even put their name on the front cover. I thought maybe Moz could just have his "brand" placed in the corner.

What do you think?

clickey-poo on the thumbnails to see the detail better
Very nice.

Here is my versions, front and back. I envision this using metallic ink, like a Pantone 8420C with a varnish (ya know, just to be different) Why? Because he's worth it.

This shot; it has everything — dynamic angle, orgasmic face, chest hair, subtle quiff, plaster (band-aid) on face, and knotted shirt with belly-belly poking out :p This photo tells you every you need to know about Morrissey.

I always liked how on the Beatles Abbey Road album, they didn't even put their name on the front cover. I thought maybe Moz could just have his "brand" placed in the corner.

What do you think?

Very nice. You really did a great job on this. I like it alot. Especially the orgasmic face. They make good front and back covers or the 2 pictures together would make a great inside of a cardboard sleeve (like ROTT came in). Oh, and the extra track is brilliant.

I think the record co. should really put the effort in on this and come up with something special (as this) seeing as this is their first Morrissey outing and it is a greatest hits cd. Can't see it happening though.

I really like the back cover, it's distinctive. Because of the shape it resembles a professional DVD sleeve. The front is good, too, but I'm not sure about the picture, it doesn't grab me.

I agree. the front and back don't really go together either. I like the idea of the back cover for a greatest hits. Morrissey wondering around a cemetery looking at all the graves as if they were his old songs form his past. Kindof like "Here lies Suedehead" and "In loving memory of the National Front Disco" (well you get the idea).

The above would be for the 7" of course. Here's my GH. I guess I'm going with the smoking theme. Hmmm.

hits_A.jpg

I like yours alot as well. Really nice one. I like back with the 88/08 as well. Hadn't picked up on that before actually.

I like the idea of going back to a more Smiths style cover, but on the other hand with a Morrissey greatets hits I think it should have Moz on the cover. That's always been one of the differences between the covers of the Morrissey and the Smiths albums, they've always been about Morrissey (well apart for Southpaw).

Hah hah, Trouble Loves US!

But seriously, I am bowled over by the luvverly covers you all have dreamed up! They put some of the actual covers to shame.

Good Heavens, what was happening when Moz approved the covers for Maladjusted or Subpar Gramma? Quality control, Morrissey!

What do you think?

Love the track listing! :D

Good work everyone!
I wish my Photoshop skills were better...

In response to boyleastlikelyto from another thread, here is my poor imitation of Saville, mid-80s.

murder_a.jpg

hits_A.jpg

who is this?isnt that truman capote?

who is this?isnt that truman capote?

Yes it is. I was trying to do Morrissey sleeves with cover stars, as someone suggested up above in the thread.

It is a small photo from Gerald Clarke's biography which is why it's not good quality. I had to scan it and blow it up.

Last edited:
Coming from my Morrissey Mistress...

Did you clear this with Morrissey?!! :p

I think one aspect of the "Vauxhall Quiff Crisis of 2007" is I don't have a very good locker room quiff. It's fine around the ladies and in private, but get him in a locker room situation and the quiff flattens. It's all a terrible tragedy. :)

Have you tried the excuse that you have a terrible cold coming on?

Well, 'hang in there' --only 17 days left of crisis. :)

Coming from my Morrissey Mistress...

Did you clear this with Morrissey?!! :p

Have you tried the excuse that you have a terrible cold coming on?

No, Worm, but that's close enough...:) Plus, I still cannot get around to calling you a "Morrislut" or "Solow-Ho." They just seem so demeaning.

I think the terrible cold excuse is wearing thin, as I actually cannot remember the last time we actually had sex. It was during the Bush Jr. Administration in the White House, I know that much...

Last edited:
No, Worm, but that's close enough...:) Plus, I still cannot get around to calling you a "Morrislut" or "Solow-Ho." They just seem so demeaning....

Worm? :confused:

Ok, Moz Mistress is it. :D

I think the terrible cold excuse is wearing thin, as I actually cannot remember the last time we actually had sex. It was during the Bush Jr. Administration in the White House, I know that much...

Looks like you'll have to take the matter of the quiff into your own hands...

p.s. in order to not completely hijack this thread, I like the Archie Bunker artwork :p Those were the days... lol

What do you think?

Here ya go, a little more on the abstract side, but still Moz

i love both of these. :D

Back
Top Bottom