Post your Fave Moz/Alain / Moz/Boz songs

Boz's Five
Jack The Ripper

Has it ever been mentioned anywhere how/why the decision was made to play Jack The Ripper so differently live to the b-side [original] version?

Agree with much of what has been said so far. However, I'll throw "The Public Image" into the hat among Boz's best, or at least making his Top 10 with Moz. A 2004 Quarry b-side which, for some reason, has become massively overlooked. Shame it wasn't included on Swords or the '04 Quarry deluxe edition.

Agree with much of what has been said so far. However, I'll throw "The Public Image" into the hat among Boz's best, or at least making his Top 10 with Moz. A 2004 Quarry b-side which, for some reason, has become massively overlooked. Shame it wasn't included on Swords or the '04 Quarry deluxe edition.
Amen!

10 Boz:
The Public Image
Now My Heart Is Full
I’d Love To
Jack the Ripper
Maladjusted
Speedway
Come Back to Camden
The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
You’ve Had Her

10 Alain:
The Never-Played Symphonies
Life Is a Pigsty
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
My Dearest Love
Boxers
Sunny
We’ll Let You Know
Trouble Loves Me
I Have Forgiven Jesus
You Were Good In Your Time

The quality of these 20 songs is staggering. Pop music perfection. Could this be repeated?

Maladjusted, and what I consider it’s cousin, I Will See You in Far-Off Places, are Alain Whyte masterpieces. Noisy, cacophonous stomps. The latter even has a taste of Kashmir to it. I hope Whyte brings an equivalent sensibility on one of the new songs.
I believe Alain may have been inspired by Jacques Dutronc

They had a great run together in the 90's and early 2000's. Like two lead sled dogs that want to compete with each other to impress their owner/racer. But now their egos are too big. Boz and Alain can no longer share a stage or participate in the same recording sessions, it seems.

Last edited:
My Alain top 5

Boxers
Whatever Happens, I Love You
Trouble Loves Me
Dear God, Please Help Me
Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself
(Honorable mention “The National Front Disco”)

My Boz top 5

Now My Heart Is Full
The More You Ignore Me…
I Can Have Both
Art-Hounds
The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
(Honorable Mention “You’ve Had Her”)

I Can Have Both is definitely a good one that rarely gets mentioned.

10 Boz:
The Public Image
Now My Heart Is Full
I’d Love To
Jack the Ripper
Maladjusted
Speedway
Come Back to Camden
The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
You’ve Had Her

10 Alain:
The Never-Played Symphonies
Life Is a Pigsty
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
My Dearest Love
Boxers
Sunny
We’ll Let You Know
Trouble Loves Me
I Have Forgiven Jesus
You Were Good In Your Time

The quality of these 20 songs is staggering. Pop music perfection. Could this be repeated?

You Were Good In Your Time is a great choice. The whole second half of that song, all the noises/effects, are so surreal. It reminds me of the background announcer in Boxers, which actually takes you to the match in your mind. Morrissey is brilliant with that sort of thing.

You Were Good In Your Time is a great choice. The whole second half of that song, all the noises/effects, are so surreal. It reminds me of the background announcer in Boxers, which actually takes you to the match in your mind. Morrissey is brilliant with that sort of thing.
I couldn’t agree more or put it better myself.

Alain and Boz have been great. That said, I think Jesse is soooo underrated, whereas I think his contribution is more and more notable and worthy.

Back
Top Bottom