Post your Fave Moz/Alain / Moz/Boz songs

Skylarker

People come second, or possibly third.
God I cannot wait until Without Music The World Dies. Thank God Alain is writing with M again.

Having said that....

On this one, Boz Boorer reached the stratospheric heights of a beautiful Bowie/Mott the Hoople glam ballad/dirge, and the lyrics match its excellence. The best Morrissey/Boorer entry, as far as I’m concerned.

Maladjusted, and what I consider it’s cousin, I Will See You in Far-Off Places, are Alain Whyte masterpieces. Noisy, cacophonous stomps. The latter even has a taste of Kashmir to it. I hope Whyte brings an equivalent sensibility on one of the new songs.

On this one, Boz Boorer reached the stratospheric heights of a beautiful Bowie/Mott the Hoople glam ballad/dirge, and the lyrics match its excellence. The best Morrissey/Boorer entry, as far as I’m concerned.

ah, one of my all time favorites.

listen to feel alive, and sit in psychic discomfort for a spare few minutes as you become engulfed by the sudden realization that the life that you live is a lie.

TOP 10 Fave Moz/Alain:​

The National Front Disco
Certain people I know
Tomorrow
Billy Budd
Why don't you find out for yourself
Boxers
Have-a-go merchant
Whatever happens, I love you
Nobody loves us
Southpaw
Alma matters
Trouble loves me
The edges are no longer parallel
First of the gang to die
Irish blood, english heart
Life is a pigsty

TOP 15 Moz/Boz songs:​

Jack the ripper
Speedway
Now my heart is full
Spring-heeled Jim
Reader meet author
Maladjusted
Satan rejected my soul
I like you
Black cloud
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Istanbul
Staircase at the university
Art-hounds
I wish you lonely
Brow of my beloved

Better than Now My Heart Is Full?

My Alain top 5

Boxers
Whatever Happens, I Love You
Trouble Loves Me
Dear God, Please Help Me
Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself
(Honorable mention “The National Front Disco”)

My Boz top 5

Now My Heart Is Full
The More You Ignore Me…
I Can Have Both
Art-Hounds
The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
(Honorable Mention “You’ve Had Her”)

ah, one of my all time favorites.

listen to feel alive, and sit in psychic discomfort for a spare few minutes as you become engulfed by the sudden realization that the life that you live is a lie.

It comes in with a glam ballad sway, then it goes into a kind of Herman’s Hermits/Kinks thing, it’s an interesting one, Boz was full of them.
Unfortunately the studio version, thanks to Finn, didn’t live up to the live version.

nice. I’ve forgotten about this one. has that dramatic piano kinda like Pigsty.
I also tend to overlook it. It is a gem, unfortunately tucked away as a b-side and then included on the Swords album which I don’t often listen to. It’s a song like this that makes me look forward to his renewed collaboration with Alain.

I also tend to overlook it. It is a gem, unfortunately tucked away as a b-side and then included on the Swords album which I don’t often listen to. It’s a song like this that makes me look forward to his renewed collaboration with Alain.

Yep, we hope the magic can happen again.

all fingers crossed ! 😬

Masterpiece; no doubt about it

I could name more, but still you get the general idea'r.

Alain's Five
Tomorrow
I Am Hated For Loving
Whatever Happens, I Love You
First of the Gang To Die
Dear God Please Help Me

Boz's Five
Jack The Ripper
Now My Heart Is Full
Spring-Heeled Jim
Maladjusted
I Can Have Both