Post YOUR Collection Thread

Are you not missing some of the Morrissey singles?

Yes, but none of the ones I'm missing contain tracks that can't be found elsewhere. Any rare b-sides are found on the Singles boxsets, apart from "You Must Please Remember" - which is found on the "Dagenham Dave" single (which I own). I'm more concerned about having a collection that contains every NECESSARY release, in order to have every officially-released a-side and b-side. I'm not concerned about live songs or edits.

The only reason I have all the Smiths "best ofs" is because there are only a couple, and given that the entire Smiths discography is fairly scarce, I bought them all.

hmmn Ryan what have you started...
Zen here's more pics... sheesh
Moz 7" promos

mozpromo.gif

love

Grim

Haha, I know. Great collections!

just some odds & sods

mozodds.gif

that's about it from my 7" Moz box, except the usual non UK pressings but they are in the same sleeves, so pointless to scan an post. I s'pose I could have bored you with the back of the U.S. Irish blood single being that it's an e.p. rather than just the normal single (which comes in either black or opaque vinyl) but I won't. Oh & I've got some cover versions but they just aint Moz!

love

Grim
P.s. should I open my Smiths 7" box?

Last edited:
Good Lord Beau, Your room is a mess! Do you always leave your morrissey collection lying around on the floor? :p

Last edited:
typewriter.jpg

Does this count??
I have never photographed my collection but it is something I have been thinking about doing lately. I have also been thinking about insuring my collection. Beau/Jeff, anyone... have you ever looked into this? Obviously the idea of a fire destroying your collection would be a nightmare, the thought of replacing an entire collection of rarities, and then cost of it is a scary one.

Last edited:
typewriter.jpg

Does this count??
I have never photographed my collection but it is something I have been thinking about doing lately. I have also been thinking about insuring my collection. Beau/Jeff, anyone... have you ever looked into this? Obviously the idea of a fire destroying your collection would be a nightmare, the thought of replacing an entire collection of rarities, and then cost of it is a scary one.

Russ, that's certainly the biggest piece of Moz memoribilia I've seen. I knew you had it. What's the back story on it, exactly?

I have my watch collection insured against theft, damage and loss. It costs me 1% yearly.

I did look into insuring my collection. They just wanted anything valued over $200 specifically listed in the rider. This was many years ago. I haven't talked to my current insurance agent about insuring my record/cd collection, though.

Here are some pics I have of some of my posters. All the posters are original mint, unfolded Rough Trade promos.

beausapt1.jpg

beausapt5.jpg

Last edited:
This is purely madness guys and my wife wouldn't accept a second to have all the posters on the wall !!

This is excellent, I'm seeing so many great items - I was planning to sort out my collection over the break but may end up joining in with the photos now.

As for the posters beau (severe envy) they look great, this image may help convince my b/f to "allow" more pictures up in our house - although I've been doing quite well with b/w photos.

been sorting thru a photobucket & found these...

d1c97a99.jpg

I'm not really an autograph hunter & would prefer to have something not autographed, unless I was the one that obtained it of course then I'd know it was genuine. But on this occasion I couldn't pass it by, I bought it years ago for £5, it's a Kirsty MacColl 12" test pressing, the B-side being 'You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby'.

398681a5.jpg

0299de4c.jpg

d81c6025.jpg

love

Grim

You guys consider "The Very Best Of The Smiths" to be an actual Smiths release? Both Morrissey and Johnny Marr were very clear that they 100% opposed that release, did not approve of the remixing, and think the cover art is hideous.

Maybe people still want it as a trivia item, but it is not a Smiths release any more than a mix of Smiths songs I tweak with and burn onto a CD with a cover I chose would be a "Smiths release."

Russ, that's certainly the biggest piece of Moz memoribilia I've seen. I knew you had it. What's the back story on it, exactly?

I have my watch collection insured against theft, damage and loss. It costs me 1% yearly.

I did look into insuring my collection. They just wanted anything valued over $200 specifically listed in the rider. This was many years ago. I haven't talked to my current insurance agent about insuring my record/cd collection, though.

Here are some pics I have of some of my posters. All the posters are original mint, unfolded Rough Trade promos.

beausapt1.jpg

beausapt5.jpg

Where do you get all your posters? I am really considering following in your style if I can get my greedy hands upon copies of those posters. I hardly have anywhere near the extensive collections posted on here but I do have a few decent things plus my bootlegs that have been downlaoded of here look pretty good because I have a sexy printer which will burn high quality prints onto the disc face itself aswell as maximum quality covers. Will post a picture of my collection and memorablilia soon e.g. Cd's, casettes, shirts, dvds and an old Morrissey calender.

Here is my collection of official release CDs & DVDs. The cover art on some bootlegs is so appalling that I decided to stick to the official stuff for this pic.

I have also posted a pic of my ticket collection, the centrepiece is a little montage I put together following the April / May dates (the tickets in the montage are Salford Lowry, Llandudno, Manchester Apollo, Manchester Opera House, Manchester Bridgewater Hall & Liverpool Philharmonic). The tickets surrounding the montage are: Liverpool Royal Court (1985), Liverpool Empire (1991), MEN Arena (2004), Blackpool Empress Ballroom (2004), Liverpool Royal Court (2004), Preston Guildhall (2004), Birmingham NIA Arena (2004), Birmingham NIA Arena (2006), Manchester GMEX (Friday), Manchester GMEX (Saturday).

Here is my collection of official release CDs & DVDs. The cover art on some bootlegs is so appalling that I decided to stick to the official stuff for this pic.

I have also posted a pic of my ticket collection, the centrepiece is a little montage I put together following the April / May dates (the tickets in the montage are Salford Lowry, Llandudno, Manchester Apollo, Manchester Opera House, Manchester Bridgewater Hall & Liverpool Philharmonic). The tickets surrounding the montage are: Liverpool Royal Court (1985), Liverpool Empire (1991), MEN Arena (2004), Blackpool Empress Ballroom (2004), Liverpool Royal Court (2004), Preston Guildhall (2004), Birmingham NIA Arena (2004), Birmingham NIA Arena (2006), Manchester GMEX (Friday), Manchester GMEX (Saturday).

Ooh you seem to have the same carpet as me:D

No need to mention the ordinary CD albums. Only been listening to him since 2003 so that's why it's so modest.

Vinyls
Hatfull Of Hollow (1984 Original Sleeve)
The World Won't Listen (Argentinian)
Suedehead (7", never played)
Viva Hate (never played, 1988)
Irish Blood, English Heart (7" & 12", the 12" is never played)
You Are The Quarry (Europe)
First Of The Gang To Die (7" & 12", the 12" is never played)
Let Me Kiss You (7")
Ringleader Of The Tormentors (Europe)
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy (7"x2)

Vinyl I am planning of buying:
Your Arsenal (1992 original printing)
Live At Earl's Court
You Have Killed Me (7")
The oungest Was The Most Loved (7")
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy (12")

CD Singles
I Have Forgiven Jesus (CD2)
You Have Killed Me (Europe CD1 & CD2)
The Youngest Was The Most Loved (Europe CD1, soon CD2 aswell)
In The Future When All's Well (Europe CD1 & CD2)
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy (CD)

Promos
Ringleader Of The Tormentors (CD)

Bootlegs
Poet's Justice (Green Energy Festival, Ireland 2004)
For The One You Left Behind (Collection)

Misc
Gothenburg 2006 Ticket
One of the two maracas that Moz used on the very same concert.

Last edited:
Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom