Post YOUR Collection Thread

I.R. has got an impressive collection ! By the way , how long have you been collecting ?

Cheers Moz

Not sure who that's aimed at but I've been collecting 12months this month, got my first smiths record around July/aug last year was 12" Ask and gone on from there.

One year! Wow. That's amazing. My paltry collection represents 22 years and is basically nothing. Hah. Do you find these things in shops or do you mostly buy online? It's such a rare occasion for me to find Moz or Smiths records in shops these days, but buying online has never appealed to me. I guess I'm going to have to leave the dark ages at some point...

One year! Wow. That's amazing. My paltry collection represents 22 years and is basically nothing. Hah. Do you find these things in shops or do you mostly buy online? It's such a rare occasion for me to find Moz or Smiths records in shops these days, but buying online has never appealed to me. I guess I'm going to have to leave the dark ages at some point...

Always online, not many record shops around here. Having an addictive personality lends itself to how I collect, (that and a forgiving girlfriend)

I have been lucky enough to live in London for nine years and the whole Smiths/Moz thing started there for me. In London I used to visit regularly those fantastic second hand Cd/Vinyl shops where I could find regular Cds/Vinyls,Promos at times for really good prices. One example for all: YATQ Intervew Disc for £ 20! Those were the times , now online Ebay and some Second Hand Shops which sell online too and some guys here on the Forum as well.

Cheers Moz

Hi all,

Dug out part of my old collection. Thought you might like them.

These have been stored sealed in plastic bags in a box for years. Sad I know ! This box seems to be all overseas magazines.

Not the best pics but you get the idea !

Cheers,

Del.

Attachments

• isle of wight 113.JPG
    isle of wight 113.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 32
  • isle of wight 136.JPG
    isle of wight 136.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 21
  • isle of wight 144.JPG
    isle of wight 144.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 24
  • isle of wight 151.JPG
    isle of wight 151.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 22
Hi all,

These have been stored sealed in plastic bags in a box for years. Sad I know ! This box seems to be all overseas magazines.

Cheers,

Del.
Class! I've got a few magazines myself but not to this extent. Very nice indeed.

Hi all,

Cheers,

Del.

Nice magazine collection! I keep mine stacked on the coffee table in my office, along with my NME's and more current fare....

photo.jpg

I’m so bummed I wasn’t buying vinyl for a lot of the end of the 90’s and onward, until about 2011. I had a ton of Smiths/Moz on CD (sold them all when I went digital) but have some vinyl. Recently a friend picked up the picture disc 7” version of “Satellite of Love” for me.

Smiths sevens part 1, includes solid/push-outs, label variations, Rhino/WEA reissues, RSD and non-UK. Doesn't include any from the box-sets.

Attachments

• P1070909.jpg
    P1070909.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 17
  • P1070910.jpg
    P1070910.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P1070912.JPG
    P1070912.JPG
    480.8 KB · Views: 13
  • P1070913.jpg
    P1070913.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 15
  • P1070914.jpg
    P1070914.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 15
Smiths sevens part 2, includes solid/push-outs, label variations, Rhino/WEA reissues, RSD and non-UK. Doesn't include any from the box-sets.

Attachments

• P1070915.jpg
    P1070915.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 7
  • P1070916.JPG
    P1070916.JPG
    443.4 KB · Views: 12
  • P1070917.JPG
    P1070917.JPG
    468.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P1070918.jpg
    P1070918.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 9
  • P1070919.jpg
    P1070919.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 6
Smiths sevens part 3, includes solid/push-outs, label variations, Rhino/WEA reissues, RSD and non-UK. Doesn't include any from the box-sets.

Attachments

• P1070920.jpg
    P1070920.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 13
What's the 4 miserable nows? (Rt push out, rt solid, rhino re, and?)

The Miserable Nows are two RT push-outs (one came with a one-page Appearing press release), the Rhino reissue and a Dutch 7". Large hole in centre and some credits on the end for Ariola, Made In Holland. The PJLM collectors appendix would indicate it is the first of 3 variations. I'll scan a picture of the label and bottom of back of cover.

The Miserable Nows are two RT push-outs (one came with a one-page Appearing press release), the Rhino reissue and a Dutch 7". Large hole in centre and some credits on the end for Ariola, Made In Holland. The PJLM collectors appendix would indicate it is the first of 3 variations. I'll scan a picture of the label and bottom of back of cover.

Here are the pictures of the bottom of the sleeve and label for Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now. Apart from the text at the bottom it is just the same as UK, same catalogue number same text. The only difference is the sleeve, which is neither paper or card, a sort of mix of the two - glossy like card, but "floppy" like paper (if that makes sense). Also, the label for Shoplifters, which has Made in England under the credits, but Made in Holland on the text to the top left of "The Smiths". Nothing on the Shoplifters sleeve about Megadisc and the rest of the sleeve looks identical to the UK but the bar code is blank and the opening is at the top. The sleeve is more paper than the the Miserable one and a bit thinner, hence the more pronounced ring wear.

Attachments

• P1070995.jpg
    P1070995.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 10
  • P1070996.jpg
    P1070996.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 7
  • P1070998.jpg
    P1070998.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 9
  • P1080001.jpg
    P1080001.jpg