Post when you met any of Morrissey's band mates

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
First one was Gary Day. He was DJing at The Beauty Bar and my friends were up for a night out. The place was packed with sad, costumed fans, it was bizarre. I bought him a beer and he was very quiet and nice and said thank you. Then my friend's sister started flirting with him and I got insanely embarrassed and left and we ended up going across the street to drink at the Burgundy Room.

The second was Boz, though I never technically met him face to face. I used to be a clarinetist and had this really old wooden clarinet given to me by a guy who I've come to associate as the devil, I called it "The Devil's Horn." Knowing that my clarinetting days are over I thought Boz could make use of it, and it needed to be repadded and maybe had a bent key and I don't have the money to do that. So I contacted him on facebook and he was really enthusiastic about the idea, told me I could give it to him at a Polecats gig at the Music Box. I ended up getting too shy and just gave it to one of the security guys at the back door, but I went to the show which was amazing. I really should have met him, he seems soooo cool. One day out of the blue on my facebook he commented on some random thing (I'm normal in real life, I just turn on the crazy here) and that day when I saw that he responded to a facebook post, I felt like a f***ing ROCKSTAR! :p Not sure if he ever fixed that clarinet but I like knowing it's in good hands.

The third was Jesse. Twice. The first time was at a Kristeen Young gig, I had brought a lot of frineds because I bought a bunch of tickets and one of them was wasted polluted and acting like a jackass. It was extremely embarrassing. Anyway Jesse had a word with him and he calmed down, or my other friend took him outside. I apologized up and down for my friend's behavior and he was so nice, he said he understood that sort of thing happens and told me not to stress about it. He's a really good moderator, "Let's get things in line here." Very comforting to be around. The second time was when I met Morrissey in front of the Cat & Fiddle. He was playing Morrissey's wingman and was saying things like "Okay, we need to get inside to meet those people!" when all the fans started showing up wanting him to sign stuff. I looked at him like I knew he was full of shit and he knew I knew and he let me ask Morrissey my question. and while Morrissey was off signing other people;s stuff, he got down on his knee and took my dog's face in his hands and let Barney kiss his face, it was sooooo sweet, a total dog man. That made him completely perfect in my book. :D A very nice guy. Gustavo was there too but was acting shy, very quiet.

Last edited:
Wow, the clarinet thing is great...do you know if some of Morrissey's band mates plays the cello? I could give my (broken) cello in this case...or maybe not, I save it for my children, if they would ever fancy learning to play it, sorry mates :)

First one was Gary Day. He was DJing at The Beauty Bar and my friends were up for a night out. The place was packed with sad, costumed fans, it was bizarre. I bought him a beer and he was very quiet and nice and said thank you. Then my friend's sister started flirting with him and I got insanely embarrassed and left and we ended up going across the street to drink at the Burgundy Room.

The second was Boz, though I never technically met him face to face. I used to be a clarinetist and had this really old wooden clarinet given to me by a guy who I've come to associate as the devil, I called it "The Devil's Horn." Knowing that my clarinetting days are over I thought Boz could make use of it, and it needed to be repadded and maybe had a bent key and I don't have the money to do that. So I contacted him on facebook and he was really enthusiastic about the idea, told me I could give it to him at a Polecats gig at the Music Box. I ended up getting too shy and just gave it to one of the security guys at the back door, but I went to the show which was amazing. I really should have met him, he seems soooo cool. One day out of the blue on my facebook he commented on some random thing (I'm normal in real life, I just turn on the crazy here) and that day when I saw that he responded to a facebook post, I felt like a f***ing ROCKSTAR! :p Not sure if he ever fixed that clarinet but I like knowing it's in good hands.

The third was Jesse. Twice. The first time was at a Kristeen Young gig, I had brought a lot of frineds because I bought a bunch of tickets and one of them was wasted polluted and acting like a jackass. It was extremely embarrassing. Anyway Jesse had a word with him and he calmed down, or my other friend took him outside. I apologized up and down for my friend's behavior and he was so nice, he said he understood that sort of thing happens and told me not to stress about it. He's a really good moderator, "Let's get things in line here." Very comforting to be around. The second time was when I met Morrissey in front of the Cat & Fiddle. He was playing Morrissey's wingman and was saying things like "Okay, he need to get inside to meet those people!" when allt he fans started showing up wanting him to sign stuff. I looked at him like I knew he was full of shit and he knew I knew and he let me ask Morrissey my question. and while Morrissey was off signing other people;s stuff, he got down on his knee and took my dog's face in his hands and let Barney kiss his face, it was sooooo sweet, a total dog man. That made him completely perfect in my book. :D A very nice guy. Gustavo was there too but was acting shy, very quiet.

Sheet, mang!

:p

Last edited:
Yeah, Jesse wasn't very good with English. :rofl: I fixed the typo. Jesse was an eloquent speaker of English.

I've never met any of them but my friend Rose met Jesse recently and said he was very very sweet. And she has met Boz on numerous occasions; even had him sign a Bukowski book she had bought me, because it was only the only signature-friendly item she had on her. She asked him to sign it to Aaron, but he would only sign it to Rose.

I understand, Boz.

I met Boz outside Ruth Eckerd Hall in 2007. It was sad because nobody else in line seemed to be aware of who he was. He came out in a nice gray suit and was talking to what looked to be a roadie outside the artist entrance. I went up to him and politely shook his hand and thanked him for his years of service. He was very nice.

I met Boz and Solomon at an aftershow party once and asked for a photo. They were very nice and obliging to the shaking wallflower that confronted them. :p I talked to Boz more so than Solomon, thanked him for da muzik and all that, he was lovely and gracious.

Wow, the clarinet thing is great...do you know if some of Morrissey's band mates plays the cello? I could give my (broken) cello in this case...or maybe not, I save it for my children, if they would ever fancy learning to play it, sorry mates :)

I dunno...

I've never met any of them but my friend Rose met Jesse recently and said he was very very sweet. And she has met Boz on numerous occasions; even had him sign a Bukowski book she had bought me, because it was only the only signature-friendly item she had on her. She asked him to sign it to Aaron, but he would only sign it to Rose.

I understand, Boz.

Lol.

I met Boz outside Ruth Eckerd Hall in 2007. It was sad because nobody else in line seemed to be aware of who he was. He came out in a nice gray suit and was talking to what looked to be a roadie outside the artist entrance. I went up to him and politely shook his hand and thanked him for his years of service. He was very nice.

It seems to be the consensus that he's a very approachable, nice guy. Cool that you noticed him.

I met Boz and Solomon at an aftershow party once and asked for a photo. They were very nice and obliging to the shaking wallflower that confronted them. :p I talked to Boz more so than Solomon, thanked him for da muzik and all that, he was lovely and gracious.

Cool. The Solomon and Matt seem kinda calm. I love that. Sometimes band people are spazzes, especially drummers.

Considering the staggering number of relatively boring musicians I've met in my dreams, I am amazed I have never even met anyone associated with Moz in my dreams, much less reality.

I met Boz at an after-party - the other band members were there too but I got introduced to Boz and he was great to talk to. He remembered playing in my home town and spent time telling me his memories of Australia. I found him so easy to talk to and it felt very 'rock n roll'...meaning, that to me, he seemed like he found it easy to talk to people and a way of making everyone standing there feel included.

Back
Top Bottom