Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Wife to me - Do you want to go and see Coldplay tonight at the Etihad as I've got some corporate tickets

Me to Wife - Thanks but i'd rather drink my own piss mixed with vinegar than see Coldplay!

Wife to me - Do you want to go and see Coldplay tonight at the Etihad as I've got some corporate tickets

Me to Wife - Thanks but i'd rather drink my own piss mixed with vinegar than see Coldplay!
That's f***ing rude of you. What if your wife wanted to go? You could at least indulge her shitty taste. after all, she presumably indulges your monumental stupidity.

i dont know what to do, guys!!!! i wish we had a board sage here!!!!! if only nick cave posted here! i would defo take nick caves advice!!!!

so the thing is, im moving to a new house. and it should be a good move because it's a lot nicer and a lot better from what i can see, with the exception that its more expensive than where im living now. i can afford it but i wont be able to save money as quickly as i could living here (had i actually made an attempt to save money in all this time living here). ive already agreed to take it for aug 1st. at first it was offered to me for july 1st but i said no, because for whatever reason i just wasnt feeling it (even though when i had looked at it a couple of months ago or whatever i had really liked it, and thought it would be perfect, so i really should have been feeling lucky), and then the lady--who i met on the night i went to the yacht club with my friend and her friends, all of whom this lady was the only non lame-o square and the only one i could stand--said that she would hold it for me for aug 1st if that would be better. so then i thought "okay that's nice, i guess ill take it". and i was happy about that, and about the fact that she was being so nice to hold it for me, for about a day. and now today i woke up feeling a sense of doom about it. like taking it will mean that im trapped here, because for one thing, it's more expensive, so even going to say, vancouver, will be more difficult. but also it seems a capitulation. like im agreeing to take it because i think ill be happier there, but the whole time knowing that i dont want to be in this city at all, so what is the point of moving anywhere at all in this city? why does it matter if im happier there if i dont want to live here at all? it means absolutely nothing!!!!! and it's like if i take this place ive resigned myself to meaninglessness! to comfort over meaning!!!!!!!!

i say this with complete honestly, even though im not suicidal, im feeling like id way rather stay here where i am, write my novel, go give it to neil, and then jump off a bridge. because that will at least have meaning. that will be poetic. not only will it be poetic but it will show my allegiance to the poetic life. and for some reason, now that im thinking i might never get to go to london and do that, im feeling very sad about it. somehow in the process ive dredged up my old feelings for neil, so that when reading in the poetry thread the line from the poem pavlova posted that goes "you were once the music of musics" i thought of neil-- as that is how i might have thought of him once, as the music of musics, the pearl of all pearls--and i began to cry--at work!!!!!! and of course i dont feel that way for neil anymore! it's not about neil!!! he's the surrogate for something, im not sure what, but im okay with him being the surrogate for it, with him being the center of meaning, the symbol of a reality intense with meaning.

anyway, so i dont know what to do. i already said i would move in, but i could tell her no if i wanted. im just not sure what to do, because if i said no, i know ill also regret it, and i always have trouble understand how i feel about something or whether i want something until it's out of my reach. also i have a weak pre frontal lobe so i find it literally impossible to make decisions. like literally impossible. in the words of richey: i would prefer no choice.

anyway, does anyone have any good thoughtful advice about what i should do? no, of course not, youre all troglodytes.

oh my god, how was it?!?!?!??!?!! also im so glad to hear you have one friend with decent taste in music!!!!!!

Well, he is actually into Slayer and Guns N' Roses, so I was surprised he suggested going to see suede.

It was good. The band was on fire, the crowd was ecstatic.

Heartening to see that one can count on the inhabitants of this old fishing village to show up when it matters.

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 12.18.36.png

Although, on a personal note, I'm not really feeling it anymore.

But that probably has more to do with me than with them.

:astonished:

but they're superb!!!!! the manics ARE better though! too bad the manics werent there too!

It's not that they're not superb. They are. They played hit after hit after hit, but at this point in my life I'm more interested in hearing Drive Myself Home than The Beautiful Ones and She's in Fashion. I cringed a little when Brett asked us to sing along to So Young. I'm not so young, and I don't want to sing along to So Young (no disrespect to the song because it IS one of the best pop songs ever, but still, it felt like a silly nostalgia thing, and I don't want suede to turn into a silly nostalgia thing, they've meant too much to me for that).

It's not that they're not superb. They are. They played hit after hit after hit, but at this point in my life I'm more interested in hearing Drive Myself Home than The Beautiful Ones and She's in Fashion. I cringed a little when Brett asked us to sing along to So Young. I'm not so young, and I don't want to sing along to So Young (no disrespect to the song because it IS one of the best pop songs ever, but still, it felt like a silly nostalgia thing, and I don't want suede to turn into a silly nostalgia thing, they've meant too much to me for that).
i get the feeling that people who were fans of suede in the 90s (like presumably you were), sort of feel like they're part of some special club now, and thats why they like those songs, because that was a special era for music and to have been young. i think that's where the nostalgia comes from and i dont think there's anything wrong with it. of course i wasnt a suede fan in the 90s because i didnt know who they were, but i like to pretend that i belong to that club anyway.

i dont know what to do, guys!!!! i wish we had a board sage here!!!!! if only nick cave posted here! i would defo take nick caves advice!!!!

so the thing is, im moving to a new house. and it should be a good move because it's a lot nicer and a lot better from what i can see, with the exception that its more expensive than where im living now. i can afford it but i wont be able to save money as quickly as i could living here (had i actually made an attempt to save money in all this time living here). ive already agreed to take it for aug 1st. at first it was offered to me for july 1st but i said no, because for whatever reason i just wasnt feeling it (even though when i had looked at it a couple of months ago or whatever i had really liked it, and thought it would be perfect, so i really should have been feeling lucky), and then the lady--who i met on the night i went to the yacht club with my friend and her friends, all of whom this lady was the only non lame-o square and the only one i could stand--said that she would hold it for me for aug 1st if that would be better. so then i thought "okay that's nice, i guess ill take it". and i was happy about that, and about the fact that she was being so nice to hold it for me, for about a day. and now today i woke up feeling a sense of doom about it. like taking it will mean that im trapped here, because for one thing, it's more expensive, so even going to say, vancouver, will be more difficult. but also it seems a capitulation. like im agreeing to take it because i think ill be happier there, but the whole time knowing that i dont want to be in this city at all, so what is the point of moving anywhere at all in this city? why does it matter if im happier there if i dont want to live here at all? it means absolutely nothing!!!!! and it's like if i take this place ive resigned myself to meaninglessness! to comfort over meaning!!!!!!!!

i say this with complete honestly, even though im not suicidal, im feeling like id way rather stay here where i am, write my novel, go give it to neil, and then jump off a bridge. because that will at least have meaning. that will be poetic. not only will it be poetic but it will show my allegiance to the poetic life. and for some reason, now that im thinking i might never get to go to london and do that, im feeling very sad about it. somehow in the process ive dredged up my old feelings for neil, so that when reading in the poetry thread the line from the poem pavlova posted that goes "you were once the music of musics" i thought of neil-- as that is how i might have thought of him once, as the music of musics, the pearl of all pearls--and i began to cry--at work!!!!!! and of course i dont feel that way for neil anymore! it's not about neil!!! he's the surrogate for something, im not sure what, but im okay with him being the surrogate for it, with him being the center of meaning, the symbol of a reality intense with meaning.

anyway, so i dont know what to do. i already said i would move in, but i could tell her no if i wanted. im just not sure what to do, because if i said no, i know ill also regret it, and i always have trouble understand how i feel about something or whether i want something until it's out of my reach. also i have a weak pre frontal lobe so i find it literally impossible to make decisions. like literally impossible. in the words of richey: i would prefer no choice.

anyway, does anyone have any good thoughtful advice about what i should do? no, of course not, youre all troglodytes.

I think the small things in life are important: a cappuccino, a wild orchid, living in a nice house, a bathtub ...

i get the feeling that people who were fans of suede in the 90s (like presumably you were), sort of feel like they're part of some special club now, and thats why they like those songs, because that was a special era for music and to have been young. i think that's where the nostalgia comes from and i dont think there's anything wrong with it. of course i wasnt a suede fan in the 90s because i didnt know who they were, but i like to pretend that i belong to that club anyway.

I don't feel I'm part of a special club at all. I've grown older, and so have Brett, Neil etc. They have also evolved musically, and their long time fans have grown with them. Contrary to most other bands of the same era they still produce quality music. I wish they would stop touring their greatest hits. It's painful to see them reduce themselves to some kind of nostalgia act when they have so much wonderful new music to offer.

The thing is...
If you weren't born with enough goodness in you...If the good in you isn't a confident fire, but a tiny thing buffeted by the winds it was exposed to all its life, which you would see as an excuse if this bothered you enough to look for one... (Oh, I don't know. Distance, indifference, pettiness, bickering, whatever fueled you with the opposite of oxygen at the start of things...any kind of explanation...)

If it was always this fragile...Wouldn't you have needed to find goodness outside yourself? And find a way to absorb some of it?
Because anyone can be a cutting sod, but there isn't much worth in your life if that's all there is to you. What good now all the boring boomers, narcissistic newbies, superfluous sobrinos? What good Encouragement?

There's only one truth. Because of you he never got his due. You can tell us all how he was valued, that doesn't change a thing. You were a petty overblown fool, and not much has changed. Tshirts got tighter is all. Did you get even more tight-fisted? Only generous with people who don't deserve it? Perhaps to forget you sometimes feel you don't deserve any of this . (does.that. ever. happen.)

All that money.
Ma's Memorial garden? Wilde Wildlife Trust? Sammy's School of Arts for Underprivileged Nephews?* No, nothing yet. Not even a Tina Turner Helpline in sight...(and yet "you die! We die!")

It's a fair question. Will any good?
Answer on a postcard. Usual windscreen.

(* apologies. Not dead yet.)

And another thing. What if you never had a band? But the band had a singer? Because at one point I think they were that, a band.
Ever felt like the odd one out they did their best to include? Naaaah. Silly question. Course not.

You can't ever view from all points of view at the same time anyway. Perhaps when you blow out the final candle...

Last edited:
Re: that interview

I just tried to imagine a certain current guirarist letting two runaway girlies board a tour bus...for free..
Imagine if they had runny noses.

Conversely, If you're still concerned about vicars' daughters' well- being when you're off your head at 3 A.M. in a hotel room, there's a very good chance you're in Heaven chatting with their tutued daddy right now.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom