Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

It's just that I've never liked musicals. I walked out of Fame because it was loud and stupid and I couldn't stand the overacting and oversinging of mostly bad songs by very annoying voices. I saw Chicago, too, and it did nothing to me.

I loved Cats, though. :love:
i can tell! :lbf:

i guess youve just seen some bad ones then. phantom of the opera and evita are amazing. ive only ever seen the movie version of evita though but it's one of my favourite things in life. every song SO good. of course i was eva peron in a past life though so perhaps im biased.

i can tell! :lbf:

i guess youve just seen some bad ones then. phantom of the opera and evita are amazing. ive only ever seen the movie version of evita though but it's one of my favourite things in life. every song SO good. of course i was eva peron in a past life though so perhaps im biased.

I've seen this. Evita is definitely ALW's best work, and the movie was OK, too. Madonna's performance was fine (my relationship with Madonna is complicated, and when I'm in a certain mood I might even say I thought her performance was very good).

I thought it was a shame that they didn't cast Kate Bush as Eva Peron, though. SHE would have made the drawn out dying scene fabulous!!!

Funny aside: 20 minutes into the movie my date turned towards me and said: "I think this may be based on a true story." :lbf:

This is the best thing I've ever seen on the internet. And the comments :lbf:

I am laughing so hard my expensive permanent contact lens is almost falling out :lbf:

Is it a parody of the real Cats? :eek: Or is that the real Cats?:eek::eek::eek: And if so, did the director HATE this actor? And is that why he cast him? So that people would laugh at all these failed high kicks that he can’t do to save his own life??? I have so many questions right now, my brain is about to explode!

And you guys just reminded me of these musicals I’ve seen, when I thought I had only seen Miss Saigon and Phantom of the Opera. But omg, NO! It turns out, I’ve actually seen soooooooooo much more trash, than just that. Including Les Mis, Evita, Chicago, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Annie, Fame, Moulin Rouge, The Sound of Music, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Grease…… Omg, kill me NOW. Evita and Chicago and Moulin Rouge are all tied for first place worst ever, but so many really, I can’t even choose.

I will say that I saw The Sound of Music, Annie, and Grease all when I was 7 years old, and i just had a BIG deja vu of really liking them then. But, I was 7. I don’t even dislike musicals for anyone else. I just really dislike them for me. Obviously there must be some kind of subconscious sliding scale, because I would WA Y rather watch the Sound of Music than Evita.

Although, if I have to say something positive about Evita, I will say that Madonna must look back at Evita now and think to herself, “oh look. there’s me when i was pretending to be normal and before i start acting and looking like i totally lost my mind. oh well.”

I am not anti-drugs At ALL, but i have just done a full 360 and now i don’t think even drugs can save Cats for me.

I believe it's the real Cats and the dancer is probably a stand-in. He is supposed to be a young, playful cat with magical powers but he acts like such an annoyed old queen. :lbf:

Well, glad you got that off your chest. I kind of like The Sound of Music and Evita. The others: not so much. And may I add Mamma Mia! to the list of awful musicals. I know I'm supposed to appreciate it for its campness and feel good factor - and I love Abba and I love Greece - but I just cannot stomach Meryl Streep and her mates walking around the cobbled streets of Skiathos, giggling and then bursting into song. Yikes.

Oh god, SAME. I forgot about that one!

So are you saying though that in the clip above, he’s SUPPOSED to be failing at doing any high kicks?? If so - also kind of mind blowing, but in a whole new way! I can’t tell yet if i may need to still get to the bottom of this or not! Can you even imagine, if I go ALL-IN with full blown historical Cats research, to try and ascertain where and *IF* there was ever even any line drawn in the historical developmental trajectory of this musical between earnestness and irony? EGADS! :lbf:

Strange. Last night i woke up because a marten was running around in the attic. So i left the toasty bed and walked downstairs, said hello to P. who meditated in his carrier box, grabbed a broom and knocked at the ceiling a few times, hoping to scare the marten off.
Suddenly, my heart stopped beating, with a loud screechy noise, the foldable staircase to the attic opened slowly but heavily. An icy-cold gust of wind was blowing out of the gaping black hole that is the attic. Some crumbs of pidgeon poop fell down onto the floor, a spiders web moved in the air.
My god, this was so creepy! It felt as if the gates of death had unexpectedly opened to suck in those who are doomed into an endless universe of dark forlornness. Or an invisible UFO that had opened its door for whatever reason.
Holy shit, i am surprised that i didnt freak out, but i tried to avoid standing directly under this black hole, facing the inevitable.
I grabbed a chair, found the iron bar with which to close the lock and lifted the heavy staircase up towards the ceiling again. Took me 5 minutes or so before this thing was closed again, and i checked that it was closed properly this time. It was 3 o clock when i was lying in my bed again.
The day before two guys from a cleaning company had removed the pidgeon poop from the attic, and propably they didnt close the door the way it has to.
Holy shit. Our normal life of coziness and safety is just an illusion, the layer between life and death is very thin.
Gladly surprised though that in the moment of shock and fear, i can totally rely on my survival instincts.

The guys from the cleaning service had found in the attic my old suitcase turntable, completely pooped over with pidgeon shit in multilayered fashion. They brought it down into the appartment, which i didnt like, the poop crumbling off it everywhere.
So i carried it into the outside staircase, to store it there and clean it later in the week. When i opened the door this morning, it was gone.

Another strange thing;
I was under the shower this evening when the doorbell rang. I decided not to run to the door.
When i opened the door to the outside staircase half an hour later, a bunch of folded papers fell down onto my feet. It was a bank statement about my finances, but not in an envelope, all open. My heart stopped beating.
I put on my jacket and rang my two neighbors doors downstairs.
The guy who is rarely there opened, and told me that he had found this letter in his mailbox and only later, after opening it, noticed it was addressed to me. When i didnt open the door, he squeezed the paper inbetween the door and the frame.

Strange. Leaves me with a very uneasy feeling.

When I heard that "I'm-a have the best f*ckin' night of my life" song, I thought it was Miley Cyrus singing.

Another strange thing;
I was under the shower this evening when the doorbell rang. I decided not to run to the door.
When i opened the door to the outside staircase half an hour later, a bunch of folded papers fell down onto my feet. It was a bank statement about my finances, but not in an envelope, all open. My heart stopped beating.
I put on my jacket and rang my two neighbors doors downstairs.
The guy who is rarely there opened, and told me that he had found this letter in his mailbox and only later, after opening it, noticed it was addressed to me. When i didnt open the door, he squeezed the paper inbetween the door and the frame.

Strange. Leaves me with a very uneasy feeling.
We got somebody else's lab ( not labrador) results in the post yesterday along with my humamum's. In the same envelope.

People who are supposed to mail stuff worlwide are probably half asleep. I don't blame them, November is made to be slept through. Worst month of the year, no contest (soz November!).

nicky and richey on morrissey @4:13 :lbf:

richey was such a beautiful boy. reminds me of edie sedgwick. i feel all emotional about him and sad for nicky. that must have been so hard for him , losing his partner in crime in such a way.

Richey und Nicky sind ja fesch, aber wo ist EddY der Bär? Er fehlt mir sehr.

We got somebody else's lab ( not labrador) results in the post yesterday along with my humamum's. In the same envelope.

People who are supposed to mail stuff worlwide are probably half asleep. I don't blame them, November is made to be slept through. Worst month of the year, no contest (soz November!).
lots of illiterate people flooding the job market these days. They will do the job for less than minimum wage. But the price for postage is on the increase nevertheless. Something's terribly wrong, someone's to blame!

The new cat seems to be doing better. Her appetite has returned and her activity levels are up. She's putting on some weight, and her coat is getting thicker as her wounds heal and the scabs come off. She still has intestinal parasites. I noticed she was shedding little flakes on her blanket that looked like sesame seeds or brown rice. Apparently that's an indicator of tapeworms; at the veterinarian today she was given another round of de-wormer and finally a topical treatment for fleas (which cause tapeworms when a cat swallows a flea carrying tapeworm larvae. Christ, the intricate cruelties of nature).

I hadn't been able to give her a flea treatment previously because her wounds were too raw, and there was a risk that the pesticide could infect the wounds. The best-case scenario for her feline leukemia virus is that she inherited it from her mother, which is the weakest form of transmission, and gives the best prognosis in terms of longevity.

Lucinda_02.jpg

The new cat seems to be doing better. Her appetite has returned and her activity levels are up. She's putting on some weight, and her coat is getting thicker as her wounds heal and the scabs come off. She still has intestinal parasites. I noticed she was shedding little flakes on her blanket that looked like sesame seeds or brown rice. Apparently that's an indicator of tapeworms; at the veterinarian today she was given another round of de-wormer and finally a topical treatment for fleas (which cause tapeworms when a cat swallows a flea carrying tapeworm larvae. Christ, the intricate cruelties of nature).

I hadn't been able to give her a flea treatment previously because her wounds were too raw, and there was a risk that the pesticide could infect the wounds. The best-case scenario for her feline leukemia virus is that she inherited it from her mother, which is the weakest form of transmission, and gives the best prognosis in terms of longevity.

View attachment 86258
she has beautiful eyes. I hope she is getting better soon.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom