Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

So pleased for Steve Diggle from Buzzcocks, he was so nervous about carrying on without Pete, even though Pete said he was retiring after the Albert Hall gig (but passed away before it happened) so fabulous to see their first album since that sad day to enter the physical chart at 36.

Seeing:

Thinking:
Please let it be him after all these years.
FWD.

Seeing:

Thinking:
Please let it be him after all these years.
FWD.

I agree, but unfortunately I don't think so.
The man who made this 'discovery' seems for all the world like another nutter after 5 minutes of fame.

I can't continue carrying on in my profession at this workplace. Whenever i face inappropriate expectations or demands from ppl, which are considered normal at my workplace, like answering e-mails on the weekend (or else a meeting can't take place), or last-minute tasks from the lethargic-at-heart, which you are expected to do asap, i notice a lot of anxiety, stress and anger welling up in my throat.

Since the pandemic i have become more non-compliant, which means that i notice earlier than usual (and no longer tolerate) inappropriate boundary crossings, and then refuse to play this game any longer. This is causing even more problems, dealing with complaints and escalating conflicts. Do i feel better? No, not really. I won't be able to change this place, which means that i have to leave. It is so disorganized and ill-managed that even my coworkers with their permanent questions on how things are done become an extra burden.

Problem is that it's always out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't continue carrying on in my profession. Whenever i face inappropriate expectations or demands from ppl, which are considered normal at my workplace, like answering e-mails on the weekend or else a meeting can't take place, or getting last-minute tasks by the lethargic-at-heart done asap, as expected, i notice a lot of anxiety, stress and anger welling up in my throat.

Since the pandemic i have become more non-compliant, which means that i notice earlier than usual (and no longer tolerate) inappropriate boundary crossings, and then refuse to play this game any longer. This is causing even more problems, dealing with complaints and escalating conflicts. Do i feel better? No, not really. I won't be able to change this place, which means that i have to leave. It is so disorganized and ill-managed that even my coworkers with their permanent questions on how things are done become an extra burden.

In your throat eh? That would be hard to ignore.

Okay, I heard a short but loud moan from outside on the street, so i went to the window to see what was going on there, if help was needed. Couldn't see anybody or anything first, Then I noticed a movement behind the shed on a private lawn, opposite our building. The shed was raised next to a stone wall in a 90 degree angle. There is a shady and damp corner next to the wall behind the shed which is not visible from any of the windows. It is used by tourists and drunkards as a public toilet, and also by drug dealers.

When i looked closer i saw a woman's head that was bumping against the wall. She moaned again. There were two hands lying on the wall, holding on to it firmly, men's hands. The womans body was held steadily inbetween the two hairy arms that belonged to the hands. She was obviously f***ed from behind. Her eyes were scanning the window front, and i think she must have seen my moving shadow when i left the window to get the telephone to call the police, because suddenly i heard a loud attention-seeking moan again. She wanted to be seen.

I remembered that my neighbor once had told me that she had noticed a woman and a guy f***ing on the lawn one Summer evening, and i wondered if it was the same pair, if they were exhibitionists, and if they were filming this "event". When i returned with the telephone, they had moved onto the lawn. She was about to put on baggy sweatpants and he was sitting propped up against the shed's wall, smoking. He looked pretty young, compared to her, and Eastern European. She looked worn out, probably a drug user and/or prostitute, i guess, her hair bleached and straggly. She ran over to him, sitting down on his crotch, facing him, moaning again while combing her filthy hair. After awhile, she turned around, gave him the comb, so that he could comb her hair, which he briefly did, and then asked her to leave his crotch, which she did.

I am still not sure what they were up to down there, if it was prostitition or exhibitionism, but i decided not to call the police this time.

Wasn't aware that Marc Bolan would have been 75 yesterday until someone mentioned it and posted this excellent Kevin Cummins picture.

BCACFB96-67B6-4723-B19D-33AF2660F0F1.jpeg

thats not what i meant!!! what i meant WAS: since when did it become HIS scarf to cut up and lend to people?! my son is appropriating my things!!!! but other than his penchant for fem scarves, i can assure you, Ed is ALL MAN (who just happens to be a bit of a mommys boy)

oh you totally should buy bjorn a burberry scarf, it would suit him so well!!! one like this would be perfect:

i think those may be Ed's pronouns too. pfft, bears :rolleyes:

bun bun, i have to go to work in an hour for an 8 hour day and i havent slept at all!!!!! my vision is blurry from not sleeping and i feel awful and i dont know HOW im supposed to make it through the day, but of course i cant call in (or, rather, email in), because theyll accuse me of creating a "pattern"! today is going to be AWFUL!!!!!! im putting my foot down though, and telling them NO MORE EARLY MORNINGS!!!!

So sorry for replying three days later, @rifke! I've got so much on my plate at the moment: deciding what to do with the rest of my life, various appointments, family planning, all while being tired and sleeeeepy...

I know, those bears. They're always appropriating our things. Every time I buy a bottle of Baileys Björn comes along and ... all of a sudden it's empty!!! :fearscream: That Burberry scarf is the most precious thing I've ever seen! <3

Hope you managed alright the other day. I don't want to work early mornings anymore either - when I eventually enter the work force again. They've been very patient with me, and I've had a lot of support from my employer 'cause of the illness, but still, one is supposed to show up at 07:30 looking fresh and switched on, and I've been struggling with that way too long. There's no point in forcing these things.

Not much going on here concert-wise. So i might as well post a kiddy picture...
I am always amazed at how big this cat actually is.

p1.jpg

I can't continue carrying on in my profession at this workplace. Whenever i face inappropriate expectations or demands from ppl, which are considered normal at my workplace, like answering e-mails on the weekend (or else a meeting can't take place), or last-minute tasks from the lethargic-at-heart, which you are expected to do asap, i notice a lot of anxiety, stress and anger welling up in my throat.

There seems to be a worldwide quitting epidemic (which sadly doesn't seem to affect Jesse T.).
I had been on leave without pay for 3 years when I decided to return to my old job. I had taken some time off to take care of someone, but it became too difficult and exhausting so he went to a nursing home and of course after a couple of months there he died ( no surprise there, just sadness at the inevitable. )
I had no intention of quitting but felt a certain lack of enthusiasm about returning to the old job,. But I was pleased they'd put me in a big city by the sea, I thought I might enjoy the place more than the previous city I was in.
Well. I spent the whole summer looking for accomodation and never found one: all the landlords save their flats for students from September to May then rent them to tourists at maximum price as soon as the tourist season begins.
I waited until the last minute, and finally handed my notice on the day I was supposed to start my new job (I like flamboyant gestures).
So now I have no job but I don't really give a f. because enough is enough really, you know? Who said life had to be a constant struggle?
So yeah I understand how you feel.

Millenials are expert at quitting I hear.

I suppose I have to start making videos on tik tok to earn money now.

Oh, and also, at one point the government talked about making it easier to leave, with rights to unemployment benefits but of course it was b.shit so it was a clean break without anything to fall back on.

Last edited:
There seems to be a worldwide quitting epidemic (which sadly doesn't seem to affect Jesse T.).
I had been on leave without pay for 3 years when I decided to return to my old job. I had taken some time off to take care of someone, but it became too difficult and exhausting so he went to a nursing home and of course after a couple of months there he died ( no surprise there, just sadness at the inevitable. )
I had no intention of quitting but felt a certain lack of enthusiasm about returning to the old job,. But I was pleased they'd put me in a big city by the sea, I thought I might enjoy the place more than the previous city I was in.
Well. I spent the whole summer looking for accomodation and never found one: all the landlords save their flats for students from September to May then rent them to tourists at maximum price as soon as the tourist season begins.
I waited until the last minute, and finally handed my notice on the day I was supposed to start my new job (I like flamboyant gestures).
So now I have no job but I don't really give a f. because enough is enough really, you know? Who said life had to be a constant struggle?

I'm confused. Why were you looking for accommodations if your job gave them to you?

My reading skills are dormant right now, because I've got something on my mind that is rousing my adrenaline.

My reading skills are dormant right now, because I've got something on my mind that is rousing my adrenaline.
That's okay LH ;)

Well it's simple: you have a job but when you don't work for a while you get sent to a new place, you don't get yout old one back ( Thank God, it sucked.)
But they give no help whatsoever with accomodation. They sort of panicked last minute and half promised help but I told them I wasn't going to start working without a roof over my head and that they could have foreseen the problem as I wasn't the only one and sort gave them the finger(Flamboyant).

Clearer? ;) night night !(here)

F. da system.

I agree, but unfortunately I don't think so.
The man who made this 'discovery' seems for all the world like another nutter after 5 minutes of fame.
As soon as I heard him speak in an interview on this I could smell the bullshit.

As soon as I heard him speak in an interview on this I could smell the bullshit.
Yeah. He was/is writing a book and is looking to boost sales, it's grim.
He posted on Twitter, "It was great to find Keith" - when Keith's brother has said nothing has been found on the moor.

Oh, and also, at one point the government talked about making it easier to leave, with rights to unemployment benefits but of course it was b.shit so it was a clean break without anything to fall back on.
Sorry to hear about your friend who died in a nursing home. Even if these deaths are not a surprise, they can often affect those who have to deal with the loss for years, sometimes for the rest of their life.

I am surprised that you couldn't find a place to live in the new city. Not even a room in a shared house or appartment? Just for the time being?

But your story reminds me of my time in Manchester, where i worked for a year in the late 20th century. Got the job, but had nowhere to go. Took me a week to find a miniature room in Chorlton-cum-Hardy. In the meantime, which was totally stressful, I simply couldn't waste any thought on my new employer, and i was 4 days late when i eventually started the job. Months later i learned that there was a list of addresses with accomodation offers for the newbies, but somehow nobody had sent it to me, and nobody apologized for not having done so.

Anyways, back then i was still young. Nowadays, i would quit the job quietly immediately, and then look for alternatives. Too much b.shit going on in a system that doesn't care whether you live or die. They only need you to maintain a facade of a well-functioning operation, and as a doormat for the clients to piss on, and for the bosses to hide (their) behind comfortably.

Looking forward to your tiktok videos!

Sorry to hear about your friend who died in a nursing home. Even if these deaths are not a surprise, they can often affect those who have to deal with the loss for years, sometimes for the rest of their life.

I am surprised that you couldn't find a place to live in the new city. Not even a room in a shared house or appartment? Just for the time being?

But your story reminds me of my time in Manchester, where i worked for a year in the late 20th century. Got the job, but had nowhere to go. Took me a week to find a miniature room in Chorlton-cum-Hardy. In the meantime, which was totally stressful, I simply couldn't waste any thought on my new employer, and i was 4 days late when i eventually started the job. Months later i learned that there was a list of addresses with accomodation offers for the newbies, but somehow nobody had sent it to me, and nobody apologized for not having done so.

Anyways, back then i was still young. Nowadays, i would quit the job quietly immediately, and then look for alternatives. Too much b.shit going on in a system that doesn't care whether you live or die. They only need you to maintain a facade of a well-functioning operation, and as a doormat for the clients to piss on, and for the bosses to hide behind comfortably.

Looking forward to your tiktok videos!
Chorlton cum Hardy eh? Lol.

I know, I couldn't believe it either. There was absolutely nothing to rent ( except boys, probably) to non students. Besides, sharing is the first type of accomodation students go for. I wasn't fussy but I did have some requirements of distance, transport etc. as some days i had to start work at 8 a.m.
Even the estate agents couldn't believe how bad it was, one told me they had never had that situation so bad before. At one point I thought I had found something. First one to visit, secure job, I thought it was in the bag. Except that the estate agent never managed to contact the landlord, who apparently had enough money to not rent his flat at the date it was supposed to be available. He was probably tanning his arse in Australia or someplace.
I think now it was for the best it didn't work out. I had tons of bad signs the days before I resigned: a train I was in hit and killed someone walking along the tracks. I saw a kid get run over by a scooter. A truck got stuck in an underpass and stopped the trams and it happened before me and of course I walked calmly away, expecting it to explode at any moment as it was so silly it could only be a terrorist attack, right?

You're right about how the end of life of others has a lasting impact. We just had a neighbour over who took care of her mum for a couple of years until it became too much. Same old nursing home story, same inevitable death. She talked about it and couldn't hold back the tears.Saying she regretted it so much, putting her mum in a home. And this is a lady who breaks her back working all week as a cleaner. (She's going to help my mum if my tik tok videos become too successful and I have no time to do the dishes anymore.)

Short videos are new to me but for a start I thought I could recreate this one:

A kid and his grandma.
But let's face it I could never be that cute. In any of the two roles.:(

Last edited:
NEW POLL COMING UP!

Over the past few days I've been making a list of one song I like for each year from 1922-2022. I was getting close to completion with 98 of the years filled, but yesterday I removed 'Disconnection Notice' by Sonic Youth from my list (for the year 2002) after listening to it for the first time in years and noticing the HORRIBLE feedback sound that goes on for over a minute in the second half of the song (from 3:50 to 5:05). It's just ugly; thrash metal is easier to listen to. I used to enjoy Sonic Youth and 'loved' that song on my old last.fm account way back in 2009, but for some reason I had no recollection of its high-pitched guitar feedback section and my ears can't handle that anymore.

Sonic Youth was an important gateway band for me and helped me to get into more experimental music but these days I'd struggle to name more than a handful of their songs that I'd want to listen to. The lack of strong melodies and the monotone singing/the fact that they had three singers and none of them could sing is what bothers me the most about them now. I used to see people referring to them as "guitar virtuosos" but a couple of years ago I played my 'Goo', 'Dirty', and 'EVOL' cds and realised they can't even be called that. 'Mote' from Goo is the only one of their songs I can definitely say I still like (it ends with 4 minutes of guitar feedback but this is "good" feedback, not the high pitched tone from 'Disconnection Notice' which I suppose was meant to represent the sound of something 'disconnecting'); I can whittle down most of the bands I listened to as a teenager to one or two songs --- for The Smashing Pumpkins, who I listened to constantly between 2006-2008, just play me 'The Everlasting Gaze' and I don't really need to hear anything else by them now. At a push I'll listen to one or two others from them but that one song is more than enough; I listen to it a couple of times every six months. If I'm feeling especially nostalgic I'll listen to 'Mouths of Babes' as well, mostly to hear the "be young forever" part starting at 2:00 which I stole for one of my own songs circa 2007 because when it came to making music I never had an original idea.

Speaking of which: listening to Sonic Youth gave me so many bad habits as a guitarist. Because of their influence (around 2009-2010) I had the notion that there was beauty in standing next to the switched on amplifier with my guitar and letting the feedback ring out around the room. Instead of focusing on melodies and constructing proper songs I would detune my guitar and see if I could come up with any 'weird' riffs. And then if I had a song idea which I thought was too conventional I would add dissonant sounds to the recording as if that was somehow going to improve it. I remember sending one of those song ideas with the dissonant sounds to someone back then and the response I got was "Why would you do that? That's just jarring.". (I still have those recordings saved on my iPod which I haven't updated since 2009, so if I can find it later I'll record the 'jarring' guitar parts from the iPod onto my phone and upload it to vocaroo to show what I'm talking about.)

So yeah thanks Sonic Youth for being such a top notch influence for young guitarists, who doesn't love melody free noise rock in this day and age? (I'm lucky enough to live next door to a 19 year old bass player who sometimes brings over a guitarist friend to play music with and I've noticed when the guitarist doesn't know what to play next he does the confusion is sex/tuneless-dissonance-is-legitimate-music string scraping and neck bending and I'm so grateful to be subjected to it through the wall 😐.) With that being said my tinnitus started in 2016 while I was listening to David Bowie so I can't blame Sonic Youth too much, although I certainly didn't appreciate the one minute and 15 second ringing 'disconnection notice' in their aforementioned song, let me tell you. All the Sonic Youth members must have tinnitus after decades of that nonsense and yet they were still adding those high frequency guitar tones to their later records. I can't help but feel like fewer electric guitars in modern mainstream music is mostly a good thing despite what boomers on YouTube will tell you. But anyway that's enough of my moaning and let's get this poll going:

NEW POLL INCOMING!

Which song should I add for the year 2002 to my 'one song I like from each year: 1922-2022' list?

2002 is a rough year for me musically. I can find a lot more stuff that I know and like from 1927 than for 2002. I looked through lists containing hundreds of songs and albums from 2002 and could only find five or six that I *sort of* like enough to put on a list such as this one.

My main choices:
If you think I should add 'What a Waster' by The Libertines to my list give this post a '(y)' reaction
If I should add 'Personal Jesus' by Johnny Cash give this post a '😍'
For 'Skills' by Gang Starr (from an album I bought in '04) give this post a '🤣'
For 'Vai Viver a Vida (Tom and Joyce '80s funk remix)' by Rae & Christian select the 'ℹ️'

Wildcard choices:
For 'Let's Push Things Forward' by The Streets choose the ':unsure:'
For 'In Your Eyes' by Kylie Minogue press the '😲'
If I should add a different song from Sonic Youth's album Murray Street to replace Disconnection Notice, such as Rain On Tin or Karen Revisited, go for the '🙁'
If none of these options are good enough and I should keep looking through lists until I find something better select the '😡'
And if I should just go with 'Disconnection Notice' by Sonic Youth because I "loved" it at one stage so I can lie to myself and pretend I still like it, give this post a '(n)'

All right, is everybody clear about what we have to do??

UPDATE:
Here's the jarring guitar track I mentioned, I cut out the intro, first verse and outro here. The main 'problematic' sounds I'm talking about are the pinch harmonics that can be heard at 10 seconds and 48 seconds; I had probably just taught myself how to do pinch harmonics because this recording dates from some time in 2009 when I was about 19 and I was busting them out at every opportunity.

Now, do get to voting won't you, or was this post too AUTISTIC for you all and you didn't read this far?!
Frustrated Skip Bayless GIF

Can you believe I paid €21.99 for this in 2004??
20221005_060319.jpg

Last edited:
Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom