Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

yes, i shouldnt have said that about the austrians. i was heartened to learn that 1/3 of them hadnt gotten the jab, and to see the huge protests that took place in austria. i dont know what it is about austria, but nothing will ever move me like austria. i wanna do one of those ancestry tests, because my great grandma (who i look more like than anyone else) was austrian, and i wanna see how much austrian dna i have. ill bet it's a lot. my sister did one and she's heavy on the welsh side, and i didnt even know we had any sheepf***ers in our ancestry.

im sorry to hear about vaccine passports in sweden! that's crazy. i wish that people, even if they had the jab, would refuse to go to places that ask for vaccine passports, on principal. whats happening right now, taking a stand is so much more important than being able to go out to eat.

oh im sure i did enjoy it! it was many years ago. i always enjoy the exhibitions in austria. whenever i've gone to vienna it's always the kunsthalle wien i hit up first (i also like the art gallery in graz!).

bun bun, i really wish you'd get with the program when it comes to marzipan. marzipan is divine. manner wafers are good too! ive never had sachertorte or milchrahmstrudel (which youve told me about before and sounds fab). oh and demel chocolates!!! i like the little 'figaro' ones! god, i spent so much money at demel :hearteyes: but my favourite thing in austria is GREEN APPLE JUICE!!!!!!

Your great grandma was Austrian? You may have mentioned it, now that I think about it. You've definitely told me that GREEN APPLE JUICE is your favourite thing in Austria. I am a fan of GREEN APPLE JUICE, too. In fact, I am a fan of apples. My favourite thing in Austria - apart from Mozart, Milka chocolate, Freud, Manner wafers, Salzburg, Gustav Klimt, the Secession, the Museum/Fakultät für Angewandte Kunst (Helmut Lang!), the Naschmarkt, the Graben, Sachertorte and Milchrahmstrudel - is walking in the Alps. It's so beautiful and quiet up there - the only sounds you hear are cow bells and waterfalls in the distance.

I think the vaccines are a good thing, but I'm vehemently opposed to vaccine passports. I'll be avoiding establishments that ask me to show my vaccine passport, I don't want to live in a "papers, please!" society. Except Nick Cave in August. I'll go and see Cave, vaccine passports or not.

its about a couple who are engaged, the man, neil, is an artist, and the woman, anouk (although sometimes i mistakenly call her rifke), is a writer. and neil has this mysterious illness, something like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue, that he contracted long before he met anouk, and it derailed his trajectory as an artist, took him from being one of the brightest stars in the art world to just being a bit of a curiosity, a hasbeen. anouk doesnt mind any of this because she adores him and feels like his sickness makes him need her, whereas she doesnt have faith they wouldve come together otherwise. so when a man comes to interview neil, as a sort of retrospective on him, she starts becoming unnerved, and all the underlying anxiety she feels about the fragility of the moment, the permanence of the past, the idea that they belong to two different worlds and that neil has a core of unknowability of which his sickness is a symbol, all comes to the surface, and compels her to meet, unbeknownst to neil, with people from neils past in order to try to come to terms with these feelings. she meets an art collector, modeled on old fetishists from luis bunuel films, who reads her like a painting and recognizing in her a compelling savagery (a theme which he is interested in and has a whole collection of art involving the savagery of women), and an old girlfriend and muse of neils who she becomes fascinated with as someone who lives on the surface of life, and also someone who neil once loved. and then a shocking and brazen revelation from this woman about neils sickness is what leads anouk into a mind odyssey which estranges her from her current life and she seeks out themes of cold and silence and ascetism, and revelations about her own past are revealed to the reader, and things happen that puts a rift between her and neil and blah blah blah and her savagery that the art collector guessed at is revealed, but unlike the judiths and salomes and medeas of his collection, her savagery is against her own self. in the end, it turns out alright. the art collector, who turns out not to be such a bad guy, gives them a house in greece as a wedding present and they retire there to take solace in primitive eternal things like the ocean, as all broken people do.
it deals with the themes of solipsism and integration, primitive nostalgia and idealistic yearning, and is going to include meditations on beauty, sickness, the self, and how we can never really know another person.
and most importantly the character of anouk is going to be FUNNY with her dramatic and whimsical frills and her absolute lack of humour for these things in other people (she's based on me :cool:).

im sure you wanted something more simplified than this, but youll have to forgive me as i havent yet boiled it down to its unique selling point.

what kind of writing tools do you mean?

Wow :hearteyes:

Your great grandma was Austrian? You may have mentioned it, now that I think about it. You've definitely told me that GREEN APPLE JUICE is your favourite thing in Austria. I am a fan of GREEN APPLE JUICE, too. In fact, I am a fan of apples. My favourite thing in Austria - apart from Mozart, Milka chocolate, Freud, Manner wafers, Salzburg, Gustav Klimt, the Secession, the Museum/Fakultät für Angewandte Kunst (Helmut Lang!), the Naschmarkt, the Graben, Sachertorte and Milchrahmstrudel - is walking in the Alps. It's so beautiful and quiet up there - the only sounds you hear are cow bells and waterfalls in the distance.

I think the vaccines are a good thing, but I'm vehemently opposed to vaccine passports. I'll be avoiding establishments that ask me to show my vaccine passport, I don't want to live in a "papers, please!" society. Except Nick Cave in August. I'll go and see Cave, vaccine passports or not.
oh my god, so jealous!!! i wanna see nick cave!!!! :(

AND walk in the alps!!!

have you been to steyr, bun bun?! i love steyr!!

oh my god, so jealous!!! i wanna see nick cave!!!! :(

AND walk in the alps!!!

have you been to steyr, bun bun?! i love steyr!!

What, the town in Austria? No, I haven't been. What do you love about it?

What, the town in Austria? No, I haven't been. What do you love about it?
oh its so picturesque!!! like a post card!! i was there in the dead of winter though and boy was it cold!!!

i miss my solo travels. i mean, i know ill be able to travel again sometime, but it wont be the same now that im old. nothing ever will be the same. :(

oh its so picturesque!!! like a post card!! i was there in the dead of winter though and boy was it cold!!!

i miss my solo travels. i mean, i know ill be able to travel again sometime, but it wont be the same now that im old. nothing ever will be the same. :(

Nothing will ever be the same, but that's good isn't it? It would be boring otherwise. You'll travel again, and it will be wonderful! I am very old and I am off to Oslo tomorrow (on a business trip, but I'm adding an extra day to walk around Oslo, sip exceedingly expensive cappuccinos and visit the new Munch museum!!!) The only difference is that now I am dyeing my hair (I wasn't going to tell anyone, including boyfriend, but now I've told everyone, LOL).

Nothing will ever be the same, but that's good isn't it? It would be boring otherwise. You'll travel again, and it will be wonderful! I am very old and I am off to Oslo tomorrow (on a business trip, but I'm adding an extra day to walk around Oslo, sip exceedingly expensive cappuccinos and visit the new Munch museum!!!) The only difference is that now I am dyeing my hair (I wasn't going to tell anyone, including boyfriend, but now I've told everyone, LOL).
it is not good, bun bun!!! it is precisely because we get old that life is boring! because whats the point of doing ANYTHING if it just ends in getting old!!! things would matter more if you could stay young all your life and store up all the things youve done and become more intensely yourself with everything you do rather than experiencing a diminution of self against your will!!!

well, bun bun, so long as it doesnt look like you dyed your hair i dont see what difference it makes if people know you did or not!! in fact, i think it's better to just tell people, otherwise people will think you have some weird pride issue about it. when i get botox (god willing) im gonna tell everyone!!

have fun in oslo!!! be sure to tell us all about it!!!!

it is not good, bun bun!!! it is precisely because we get old that life is boring! because whats the point of doing ANYTHING if it just ends in getting old!!! things would matter more if you could stay young all your life and store up all the things youve done and become more intensely yourself with everything you do rather than experiencing a diminution of self against your will!!!

well, bun bun, so long as it doesnt look like you dyed your hair i dont see what difference it makes if people know you did or not!! in fact, i think it's better to just tell people, otherwise people will think you have some weird pride issue about it. when i get botox (god willing) im gonna tell everyone!!

have fun in oslo!!! be sure to tell us all about it!!!!

Of course it doesn't look like I dyed my hair. I'm not Viva Hate, I know how to dye hair and paint nails, LOL.

Will get back to you about getting old and the point of it all after the Munch exhibition. :fearscream:

i found a glitch in my novel. oh man this is so aggravating. it has to do with the psychology of the female character. what im confused about is if a characters personality drives the plot, how much do i have to explain the personality and provide a psychological framework for it and root it in the past?

Of course it doesn't look like I dyed my hair. I'm not Viva Hate, I know how to dye hair and paint nails, LOL.

Will get back to you about getting old and the point of it all after the Munch exhibition. :fearscream:
do you dye it yourself or do you go to a salon?!

by the way, i found a loooong white hair the other day!!! the first white hair ive ever had!!! how did it get so long whilst escaping my notice?!?!?! it was a bit disturbing and i didnt know if i should stamp my feet and yell and shout and curse the gods, but i decided in the end that i didnt feel like it and that after all, in the time it took to grow that long a whole bunch of others didnt meanwhile crop up so maybe it was just a one off. still, it makes me feel so unstable knowing that my hair COULD suddenly start going grey just like that.

i found a glitch in my novel. oh man this is so aggravating. it has to do with the psychology of the female character. what im confused about is if a characters personality drives the plot, how much do i have to explain the personality and provide a psychological framework for it and root it in the past?

You don't have to explain. It'll be revealed in her words, deeds, memories and your writing style.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom