Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

i also need my teeth whitened! i also need these basquiat dr.martens! and a million other things!!!!!!

i literally need about a million dollars just to get my life sorted out
Don't we all have loose ends, that'll never be tightened. But we coast along as best we can. I'm not feeling any pain at the moment. Coasting along, for now anyway. I'm feeling pampered for now. It's a sweet sensation.

it's not imaginary but im not gonna start it--or anything now--until ive written my novel, which im determined to finish before the year is out.
Whats your novel about?

Use any writing tools? Tried out an awful one recently, but its got me looking into others.

Whats your novel about?

Use any writing tools? Tried out an awful one recently, but its got me looking into others.
its about a couple who are engaged, the man, neil, is an artist, and the woman, anouk (although sometimes i mistakenly call her rifke), is a writer. and neil has this mysterious illness, something like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue, that he contracted long before he met anouk, and it derailed his trajectory as an artist, took him from being one of the brightest stars in the art world to just being a bit of a curiosity, a hasbeen. anouk doesnt mind any of this because she adores him and feels like his sickness makes him need her, whereas she doesnt have faith they wouldve come together otherwise. so when a man comes to interview neil, as a sort of retrospective on him, she starts becoming unnerved, and all the underlying anxiety she feels about the fragility of the moment, the permanence of the past, the idea that they belong to two different worlds and that neil has a core of unknowability of which his sickness is a symbol, all comes to the surface, and compels her to meet, unbeknownst to neil, with people from neils past in order to try to come to terms with these feelings. she meets an art collector, modeled on old fetishists from luis bunuel films, who reads her like a painting and recognizing in her a compelling savagery (a theme which he is interested in and has a whole collection of art involving the savagery of women), and an old girlfriend and muse of neils who she becomes fascinated with as someone who lives on the surface of life, and also someone who neil once loved. and then a shocking and brazen revelation from this woman about neils sickness is what leads anouk into a mind odyssey which estranges her from her current life and she seeks out themes of cold and silence and ascetism, and revelations about her own past are revealed to the reader, and things happen that puts a rift between her and neil and blah blah blah and her savagery that the art collector guessed at is revealed, but unlike the judiths and salomes and medeas of his collection, her savagery is against her own self. in the end, it turns out alright. the art collector, who turns out not to be such a bad guy, gives them a house in greece as a wedding present and they retire there to take solace in primitive eternal things like the ocean, as all broken people do.
it deals with the themes of solipsism and integration, primitive nostalgia and idealistic yearning, and is going to include meditations on beauty, sickness, the self, and how we can never really know another person.
and most importantly the character of anouk is going to be FUNNY with her dramatic and whimsical frills and her absolute lack of humour for these things in other people (she's based on me :cool:).

im sure you wanted something more simplified than this, but youll have to forgive me as i havent yet boiled it down to its unique selling point.

what kind of writing tools do you mean?

why is it always so f***ing hot in here?!?! presumably it's cold outside. ???? i cant stand this billowing heat. it's billowing! billlowing billowing billlowing. it's driving me mad. i want to roll this billowing heat up in a ball and throw it far far away from me!

its about a couple who are engaged, the man, neil, is an artist, and the woman, anouk (although sometimes i mistakenly call her rifke), is a writer. and neil has this mysterious illness, something like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue, that he contracted long before he met anouk, and it derailed his trajectory as an artist, took him from being one of the brightest stars in the art world to just being a bit of a curiosity, a hasbeen. anouk doesnt mind any of this because she adores him and feels like his sickness makes him need her, whereas she doesnt have faith they wouldve come together otherwise. so when a man comes to interview neil, as a sort of retrospective on him, she starts becoming unnerved, and all the underlying anxiety she feels about the fragility of the moment, the permanence of the past, the idea that they belong to two different worlds and that neil has a core of unknowability of which his sickness is a symbol, all comes to the surface, and compels her to meet, unbeknownst to neil, with people from neils past in order to try to come to terms with these feelings. she meets an art collector, modeled on old fetishists from luis bunuel films, who reads her like a painting and recognizing in her a compelling savagery (a theme which he is interested in and has a whole collection of art involving the savagery of women), and an old girlfriend and muse of neils who she becomes fascinated with as someone who lives on the surface of life, and also someone who neil once loved. and then a shocking and brazen revelation from this woman about neils sickness is what leads anouk into a mind odyssey which estranges her from her current life and she seeks out themes of cold and silence and ascetism, and revelations about her own past are revealed to the reader, and things happen that puts a rift between her and neil and blah blah blah and her savagery that the art collector guessed at is revealed, but unlike the judiths and salomes and medeas of his collection, her savagery is against her own self. in the end, it turns out alright. the art collector, who turns out not to be such a bad guy, gives them a house in greece as a wedding present and they retire there to take solace in primitive eternal things like the ocean, as all broken people do.
it deals with the themes of solipsism and integration, primitive nostalgia and idealistic yearning, and is going to include meditations on beauty, sickness, the self, and how we can never really know another person.
and most importantly the character of anouk is going to be FUNNY with her dramatic and whimsical frills and her absolute lack of humour for these things in other people (she's based on me :cool:).

im sure you wanted something more simplified than this, but youll have to forgive me as i havent yet boiled it down to its unique selling point.

what kind of writing tools do you mean?
L.O.L. didn't read all this but pretty sure I got as far as most people would when faced with task of reading your "novel."
#YouTried

tardb.png

I know you're slow but try to realize I don't care and every second you spend trying to convince anyone here that you're anything other than a fat nothing is wasted time. You're not going to have a novel ever and if you do and your description was at all accurate it will be an embarrassment to anyone who has ever picked up a pen.
I don't know what else to tell you.

View attachment 77771

I know you're slow but try to realize I don't care and every second you spend trying to convince anyone here that you're anything other than a fat nothing is wasted time. You're not going to have a novel ever and if you do and your description was at all accurate it will be an embarrassment to anyone who has ever picked up a pen.
I don't know what else to tell you.
well i guess you have spoken, dave, and we all know you're the authourity on literature. the animosity in your reaction towards a persons artistic efforts would be baffling if i didnt know you to be a jealous, bitter #sadlittleman L.O.L.

and if you "dont care" why did you bother commenting on the first place? i wasnt replying to YOU and i CERTAINLY wasnt trying to solicit comments from YOU (international know-nothing about literature that you are).

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom