Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I tried to watch Labyrinth because I've never seen it but I hate muppets and George Lucas and David Bowie's songs were not good. The best thing was that wig. I did watch about a half hour of it.
i was obsessed with that movie when i was around 11/12. i bought a crystal ball (which i had to beg my mom to let me buy because she didnt like anything that could be seen as satanic, but i always got my way and in the end she admitted that it was pretty), a labyrinth board game, a music box with a dancing woman (like sarahs), a big tacky blue ballgown from the salvation army which had probably been some poor girls prom dress and which was the best i could find to match sarah's silver ball gown, and some austrian crystal chandelier style earrings, almost identical to the ones sarah wore in the ballroom scene.
during grade 6 i never went to school at all, just would sit around everyday in my blue ball dress watching labyrinth with eddy, newly mustachioed with a false eyelash under his nose (meant to be hitler-esque), taking pictures of the tv to show to people as 'proof' i had been to the labyrinth (despite the pictures having a green hue from the color tube in our tv being on the blink), and wondering how to convert a barbie into something that could be mistaken for a dead fairy.

Not sure it’s something that can be appreciated as an adult, especially if it’s your first time seeing it. Bowie is an overrated hack anyhow.

i think Labyrinth was made at a time when he was trying to be more mainstream and to make up for having all those hits and still being relatively broke due to lots of bad decisions early on. But it's kind of the same problem Madonna had where they don't know to stay in their lane. The best David Bowie movie is Velvet Goldmine and he's not in it.

i think Labyrinth was made at a time when he was trying to be more mainstream and to make up for having all those hits and still being relatively broke due to lots of bad decisions early on. But it's kind of the same problem Madonna had where they don't know to stay in their lane. The best David Bowie movie is Velvet Goldmine and he's not in it.
you say that but you probably havent even seen just a gigolo or basquiat.

I mean, someone cooler than Bowie probably just told him to do it and so he did it.

Andy Warhol would have told him to do it for sure.
you think because you're the only person in your ghetto who's read andy warhol's diary that you know anything about the man. you dont. andy warhol is forever beyond your comprehension, no matter how much certainty you pretend at having about what andy warhol would have done.

you think because you're the only person in your ghetto who's read andy warhol's diary that you know anything about the man. you dont. andy warhol is forever beyond your comprehension, no matter how much certainty you pretend at having about what andy warhol would have done.
Sloth Reaction GIF

:)

FC, how about the movie ending with some dude talking about how back in the day when roman general was given a victory parade for winning a war, they put a dude in his chariot, who would whisper in his ear "beware of velcro's who sing false praise" :hammer:

I don't like The Beatles or The Rolling Stones, though I went to a Stones concert in Montreal several decades ago, because a boyfriend took me to see them. All I got out of it was to notice that Mick looked very old, on the big screen. I can't say I enjoyed myself there at all.

I was working as a stripper in a club in Toronto, an Italian run bar with almost exclusively regulars who were all Italian. The House of Lancaster. A guy who looked like Jagger sat alone at a table one time. I began to approach him to hustle a table dance, and he told me to f*** off vehemently.

Maybe they weren't Italian, but Greek. I had always thought they were Italian, but Google tells me "House of Lancaster is classic seediness in a still-seedy neighbourhood (Bloor and Lansdowne). The late owner,Terry Koumoudouros, was heavily involved in local ...".

There were two House of Lancaster strip clubs at the time. I worked at them both. So, that's a Greek name, after all. They used to pay $50 a shift, and provide a hotel room. I rarely got table dances there, so I was working for peanuts 🥜

Can you imagine being in a bikini and high heels, and getting told to f*** off by a guy who looks like Jagger? I felt like a cockroach.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom