Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Some willfulness mixed with effort to be accurate
20201013_191601.jpg

It started out as a self portrait by imagination. Then, I began trying to adapt it to a picture of myself. Hence the misproportion. *sigh*

@Light Housework I think your self portrait was your best work but there is something happening with your technique that seems like you're getting more comfortable getting the paint to do what you want.
There are two things happening. One is the paint and I think the more you work with it the better you will get. The other is the drawing. Because you were working from a photo for your self portrait instead of your imagination I think it has something more distinctly "you."
So one part is handling the paint. The other part is drawing something you see.
I like the process of painting too and seeing the stages. It's cool that you show the works in progress. That would be good for your youtube channel. But I also like it when I look at a painting and see the process, such as seeing pencil drawing in places where the paint hasn't hidden it.
62ef0a0dc65e5ebd45a8072838d062f9.jpg

This one shows some sketching that was done before paint was applied. Some people do ink and watercolor, too. I think the line under her right arm is pencil and then you can see other lines that are thicker and colored that are drawn with a paintbrush.
This is just a random one I found googling "watercolor pencil drawing from life."

🤒

Fake C this psycho babble art lesson, Im afraid, fails.:blushing:

its no good to paint from the imagination. its better to paint from 'things you see' so you can
then paint from the imagination??? NOT painting from the imagination helps painting from the imagination??

:confused:
makes no sense whatsoever FC:straightface:

Here's the new thread.

Would it be possible for fwd to lift all your art stuff into the new location, so it's all together in one place?
I don't know how involved a job that would be. I think I started doing my own drawings 17 days ago. He'd start there, if so, I guess. But there'll be incoming material pronto, anyway.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom