Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

My right eye feels okay but looks irritated.
View attachment 59098
giphy.gif

oh i could never do that. i only eat same day bread. also, toast and peanut butter is yuck.
I went to a dollar store today and as I walked home, I could feel a new layer of fat jiggling at my waistline from the toast and peanut butter I've eaten over the past week.

I was feeling a little like this the past two weeks. It was associated with my teeth or potential cavities (my estimate) from eating a little more sweets and drinking too many citrus based drinks than I should have (orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemonade, limeade). Once in a while this does come. I would literally put a medium-sized dab of neosporin (antibiotic) on the inflammation (the gums, teeth) and spread it around where the pain was felt on the right upper side. Did not do much. I also used salt and put it directly on the inflammation and gargled with water. I even used an aspirin mixed in a little water and put it directly on the inflammation/pain to numb it. It helped somewhat. But I finally decided to use water, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and gargled it for about a minute or less (including the back of the throat avoiding swallowing). I did this once a day for a couple of days. The inflammation may have been an infection but gargling the compound solution seemed to have helped eliminate the inflammation and pain. The following day it had finally disappeared. Very slight to zero irritation and pain now. I just try to avoid sweets and anything acidic (citrus based juices). Citrus based drinks are definitely not recommended at this time (dry throat, irritated throat, etc.). I do get pain on that same side from time to time but not very often. But it can trigger migraines sometimes as the throbbing pain goes directly to my brain. Everything is often connected as it's also allergy related (right ear, nasal passages, roof of mouth, gums, throat, etc.). If phlegm is a problem, definitely avoid milk or dairy products. Of course I recommend you do your own research. I don't do doctors either but I hope this helps.
thanks for that. im hoping it's just an infection. but it's weird how it hurts in so many different places, but that even in the absence of all other soreness there's still always this one little spot, which i cant tell if it's in my throat or the roof of my mouth that is persistently sore, a pin prick sized spot. i dont get migraines or anything like that, and i can definitely live with the problem, it's just worrying as to what it might be. today for a while it felt like i had something stuck at the back of my throat but now that feelings gone. yesterday my nose was burning a bit and a tiny bit runny (i never get a runny nose even with a full blown cold), so that was hopegiving that it might just be something related to the sinuses. i might take your advice and try to gargle with salt.

@rifke I think the reason we haven't been writing our memoirs is that we haven't been concentrating on doing it, for at least an hour each day, to the exclusion of all distractions. Pain is very distracting. Mine is gone, at the moment. If I feel like this in the morning, I'm planning to focus on writing my memoir for at least an hour. How distracting is the pain in your throat?

@rifke I think the reason we haven't been writing our memoirs is that we haven't been concentrating on doing it, for at least an hour each day, to the exclusion of all distractions. Pain is very distracting. Mine is gone, at the moment. If I feel like this in the morning, I'm planning to focus on writing my memoir for at least an hour. How distracting is the pain in your throat?
not distracting at all. in fact, on days off like today i rarely even notice it. but when i go to work it starts hurting again. maybe it has to do with straining to make myself heard through all the plexiglass surrounding us, not to mention the ear buds in the ears of all the customers which they refuse to take out, or only take out after they see you mouthing words at them--like "hello, im sorry, yes i did attempt to use spoken words to interact with you, my mistake, go back to existing in your only little solipsistic world now, if i have any further questions ill just make exaggerated miming gestures at you".

but the real thing keeping me from writing is that im exhausted all the time from work, and then when i come home i feel the need for some instant gratification to make up for all the hell i put up with so i watch things on youtube or listen to music or eat cake and in that way never get any writing done. it would be so much easier if i didnt have to work. around december my hours should be going down so ill start writing more seriously then.

thanks for that. im hoping it's just an infection. but it's weird how it hurts in so many different places, but that even in the absence of all other soreness there's still always this one little spot, which i cant tell if it's in my throat or the roof of my mouth that is persistently sore, a pin prick sized spot. i dont get migraines or anything like that, and i can definitely live with the problem, it's just worrying as to what it might be. today for a while it felt like i had something stuck at the back of my throat but now that feelings gone. yesterday my nose was burning a bit and a tiny bit runny (i never get a runny nose even with a full blown cold), so that was hopegiving that it might just be something related to the sinuses. i might take your advice and try to gargle with salt.
By the way, I forgot to mention that I suggest you buy a tube of Sensodyne if you can during this time. It will help relieve the pain in the gums. Especially when they are swollen or inflamed. When I mentioned the gargling solution, I did not mention the fact that it is only a dixie cup that is needed. You would only use about a teaspoon of baking soda and equal parts water and hydrogen peroxide that amounts to a third of a dixie cup. Nothing more than that is necessary. This will do the job. The same goes for the warm water and salt gargle. If you are willing to further test your throat if it can handle it or not, I would also recommend warm chamomile tea with a little honey. It may help soothe your throat (or not). It could also further irriitate your throat/gums. Chamomile may be the most mild option at this time since herbal teas could further irritate the throat depending on the herbs. This may help with your runny nose however. Definitely avoid spices at this time. It doesn't hurt to also have a bottle of Nyquil handy and even something like Mucinex (helps cough up the phlegm) in addition to the Nyquil. I have discovered that sometimes the nagging feeling of something stuck in the back of the throat (in addition to allergies) is the conscious feeling of the uvula (especially when sick). It may even be a little inflamed/enlarged as well. Therefore the feeling becomes more pronounced. I know because I experience this too from time to time. Well, I hope this information helps. I hope you get well! Of course only you can determine what is best for you.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I suggest you buy a tube of Sensodyne if you can during this time. It will help relieve the pain in the gums. Especially when they are swollen or inflamed. When I mentioned the gargling solution, I did not mention the fact that it is only a dixie cup that is needed. You would only use about a teaspoon of baking soda and equal parts water and hydrogen peroxide that amounts to a third of a dixie cup. Nothing more than that is necessary. This will do the job. The same goes for the warm water and salt gargle. If you are willing to further test your throat if it can handle it or not, I would also recommend warm chamomile tea with a little honey. It may help soothe your throat (or not). It could also further irriitate your throat/gums. Chamomile may be the most mild option at this time since herbal teas could further irritate the throat depending on the herbs. This may help with your runny nose however. Definitely avoid spices at this time. It doesn't hurt to also have a bottle of Nyquil handy and even something like Mucinex (helps cough up the phlegm) in addition to the Nyquil. I have discovered that sometimes the nagging feeling of something stuck in the back of the throat (in addition to allergies) is the conscious feeling of the uvula (especially when sick). It may even be a little inflamed/enlarged as well. Therefore the feeling becomes more pronounced. I know because I experience this too from time to time. Well, I hope this information helps. I hope you get well! Of course only you can determine what is best for you.
i dont know if i can gargle with hydrogen peroxide though. i think that would gross me out too much. and i cant drink tea because of acid reflux. i might try some honey and hot water though. i know when i was sick with what was most certainly covid i found honey to be helpful (although nothing really helped, lol, because, of course, it was covid).

it's not so much the fact that hurts that bothers me, but the fact that it refuses to go away. that can only spell one thing: C-A-N-C-E-R. and we all know that the point at which throat cancer starts hurting is the point at which you are officially f***ed. (oh thank god they sensored the f word, what would we have all done if we had actually seen it spelled out?!)

i think you might be right about the feeling of having something stuck in your throat might be an inflamed uvula, because the feeling definitely felt like it was coming from the roof of my mouth more than my throat.

anyways, thanks for caring! arent you a sweetheart!! <3

I was thinking about Claire M Johnston the huge Johnny Marr/Smiths fan and indie rock music fan who used to post on here. I always wondered what happened to her. I think the 'M' in her name was for Marie not Morrissey or Manchester or Michael (Mike). There were some comedians she liked as well and she was a big reader she loved her books. I remember hearing that Johnny Marr had a sister called Claire.

I was thinking about Claire M Johnston the huge Johnny Marr/Smiths fan and indie rock music fan who used to post on here. I always wondered what happened to her. I think the 'M' in her name was for Marie not Morrissey or Manchester or Michael (Mike). There were some comedians she liked as well and she was a big reader she loved her books. I remember hearing that Johnny Marr had a sister called Claire.
You are Andrea Ison and I claim my £10

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom