Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

i dont really understand why you think it'd be of any interest to anyone at this point, unless you're some kind of narcissist or erotomaniac. surely there are more intersting things to discuss.

i dont really understand why you think it'd be of any interest to anyone at this point, unless you're some kind of narcissist or erotomaniac. surely there are more intersting things to discuss.
I'm just making chitchat rifke.

Have you been walking?
NO! ive never walked so little in my life, since i live in the middle of suburban hell and there's nothing to walk to! so i just take the bus everyone. plus, i have no clothes other than like my work pants, so i just dont ever want to go out walking. i need to fix that. but there isnt anywhere here that i want to walk anyway. if i lived in vancouver i would. every day.

Here's a paragraph from the book I'm reading, When Memories Remain: A Story of Redemption

Domko was lying propped up in bed with pillows. He was wearing blue and white striped pyjamas. A sheet and blanket were pulled up to his chest, folded and tucked between the two mattresses. His face was clean-shaven and his skin looked freshly washed. His hair was trimmed and for a moment David didn’t recognize him. Domko turned to stare at him and David saw that his eyes still flashed in the same unnerving way they always had. The difference now was that the malevolence David saw stemmed from fear instead of hatred.

Here's a paragraph from the book I'm reading, When Memories Remain: A Story of Redemption

Domko was lying propped up in bed with pillows. He was wearing blue and white striped pyjamas. A sheet and blanket were pulled up to his chest, folded and tucked between the two mattresses. His face was clean-shaven and his skin looked freshly washed. His hair was trimmed and for a moment David didn’t recognize him. Domko turned to stare at him and David saw that his eyes still flashed in the same unnerving way they always had. The difference now was that the malevolence David saw stemmed from fear instead of hatred.
whats it about?

It's the sequel of a true story about an abusive stepfather.
is it good? im having trouble writing a memoir because my themes are too scattered. i dont think that's such a bad thing because sometimes the thing that matters is the thread with which you tie the themes together more than the themes themselves. though sometimes i think it would be nice to have just one strong theme, like "abusive this" or "abusive that".

Karen Emilson is the writer. The first book is called Where Children Run. It's about incredible abuse and incredible resilience.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom