Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

i am a rather sanguine bunny, aint i?! the thing about spiders is that the more you are exposed to them the less horrifying they become. i used to have total arachnophobia, refusing to drive my car home from the store once because a little white spider crawled into the drivers side window, and making my grandma pick it up for me (boy was she mad). i still hate them but they no long produce the same feeling of horror in me-- that job now belongs to centipedes.

thats a good idea though, slathering myself in peppermint oil. ill have to remember that.

yes, the mattress is on the floor. it's not a futon, it's a proper bed mattress and box spring, it just doesnt have a frame, i guess cause the landlord is a cheap bastard or something.
Wow. Cheap bastard covers it well, methinks. I've lived in lots of rented places but I can honestly say I've always had a bed (if it's supposed to be furnished, that is). I wonder why he doesn't bother to provide a proper bed? That is strange. Did you think it odd when you came to view the place? Did he make any reference to it? Like, 'Here is the bed. Yes, I know, it's just a mattress. I am a cheap bastard. Take it or leave it.'
Your grandma sounds like quite a woman :lbf:

Last edited:
Wow. Cheap bastard covers it well, methinks. I've lived in lots of rented places but I can honestly say I've always had a bed (if it's supposed to be furnished, that is). I wonder why he doesn't bother to provide a proper bed? That is strange. Did you think it odd when you came to view the place? Did he make any reference to it? Like, 'Here is the bed. Yes, I know, it's just a mattress. I am a cheap bastard. Take it or leave it.'
Your grandma sounds like a very patient woman :lbf:
she was patient, but she didnt understand the quirks and fancies of brilliant young girls. that was her main flaw.

i didnt think anything of the bed because i was just happy to secure anything that would provide a roof overhead, my own bathroom, and a place to store my stuff. i knew that there would likely be resentments later on, as there always are. it wouldnt be so bad if i had more job security and knew that i could just move again when my lease was up.

he probably just didnt think the bed frame was important (a lot of people sleep with a mattress on the floor--i always looked down on kids i knew growing up whose parents just gave them a mattress on the floor), and wanted to slap together a place that he could call 'furnished' as easily and cheaply as possible. lots of people do that. i dont understand how they arent embarrassed. if i was renting out a place in my home out to someone i would want to make it nice for them. it doesnt cost a lot of money to fix a place up nicely.

this girl has a dent in her forehead like mine!

i wonder if hers is in the bone or just the skin? mine is defo in the bone. also i think mines a bit bigger and longer than hers, going all the way up to the hairline, but then again, it doesnt show up in all lighting so it's hard to say who's is bigger.

I'm with LH, I think hers is a scar. My son has one like that from when he was little and fell into a pile of bricks. It was one of those cuts you could see right into. You know when it's a really deep cut because they hardly bleed. Why is that?? I covered it with a tea towel so he/I couldn't see how bad it was while we took him to be stuck back together again.

I'm with LH, I think hers is a scar. My son has one like that from when he was little and fell into a pile of bricks. It was one of those cuts you could see right into. You know when it's a really deep cut because they hardly bleed. Why is that?? I covered it with a tea towel so he/I couldn't see how bad it was while we took him to be stuck back together again.
thats what mine looks like though and it's not a scar. and in other pictures you can see a v indentation in her forehead from the muscles (i guess) which looks to be of the same nature.

she was patient, but she didnt understand the quirks and fancies of brilliant young girls. that was her main flaw.

i didnt think anything of the bed because i was just happy to secure anything that would provide a roof overhead, my own bathroom, and a place to store my stuff. i knew that there would likely be resentments later on, as there always are. it wouldnt be so bad if i had more job security and knew that i could just move again when my lease was up.

he probably just didnt think the bed frame was important (a lot of people sleep with a mattress on the floor--i always looked down on kids i knew growing up whose parents just gave them a mattress on the floor), and wanted to slap together a place that he could call 'furnished' as easily and cheaply as possible. lots of people do that. i dont understand how they arent embarrassed. if i was renting out a place in my home out to someone i would want to make it nice for them. it doesnt cost a lot of money to fix a place up nicely.
Yeah, I would be embarrassed too. Sheesh. Some people! Having said that, it's probably very comfy. I had my mattress on the floor for a few days when I was moving house a couple of years back and was surprised how comfy it was. Springing out of bed in a hurry is a problem, though, isn't it? You need a whole different kind of manoeuvre.

I used to sleep on a mattress on a boxspring on the floor. I never really thought about it, until I got a bed frame donated to me in 2012. It fell apart, but then my walking buddy gave me his frame that didn't fit his headboard, and it's built for heavy people, so it's solid. Now I appreciate having a good bed frame.

My brother was more adventurous than me and he did daft things.He once got a small circular lego brick stuck up his nose. We got it out in the end. When I see men with shaved heads they always seem to have parts where hair doesn't grow due to scrapes and falls in their past. You can see they were snivelling little children at one stage, falling over, being stitched up. It's all there in a shaved head. The history of their boyhood accidents.
You're so right, Dale. My other son has a stripe missing from his eyebrow where he pulled an iron (luckily cold) down on his head. Dear God, I sound like such a shit mother :lbf: All these scars, carried with you through your life, telling your story. I like that.

You're so right, Dale. My other son has a stripe missing from his eyebrow where he pulled an iron (luckily cold) down on his head. Dear God, I sound like such a shit mother :lbf: All these scars, carried with you through your life, telling your story. I like that.
I have a scar in my nose from a dog bite, one on the far left side of my forehead from a kid who threw a rock at me when I was a kid, and probably a scar on my scalp from a boy"friend" who banged my head against a cupboard door, back in the good old '80's.

Oh no, it's the right side of my forehead. I've got wicked scars on my right leg from surgeries. I broke it and the surgeons botched the job both times. I try to compensate for the misalignment.

I've been watching old episodes of Coronation Street from the 60s. Stan and Hilda Ogden were drinking to the fact that their daughter was getting betrothed and Stan said to his prospective son in law' listen to her and then if she still plays up, hit her! ' His own daughter. How times have changed. I was watching another episode where Stan thought he'd won the jackpot on Littlewoods pools but his wife, Hilda hadn't posted them off. He'd been buying everyone drinks in The Rovers and when he came home and found Hilda had mucked everything up we heard them go upstairs and windows smashing and yelling and brawling, then the next day, Hilda has a black eye. It's laughable now. You wouldn't get away with that these days. It was of its time.
He did it when he discovered, upon waking from his drunken slumber, that I was packed up to leave him.

Yeah, I would be embarrassed too. Sheesh. Some people! Having said that, it's probably very comfy. I had my mattress on the floor for a few days when I was moving house a couple of years back and was surprised how comfy it was. Springing out of bed in a hurry is a problem, though, isn't it? You need a whole different kind of manoeuvre.
Well its on a box spring, so there's the height of two mattress, so it's not that low. It's not really the height that bothers me, it's the fact that any old thing just crawl up it!

I've been watching old episodes of Coronation Street from the 60s. Stan and Hilda Ogden were drinking to the fact that their daughter was getting betrothed and Stan said to his prospective son in law' listen to her and then if she still plays up, hit her! ' His own daughter. How times have changed. I was watching another episode where Stan thought he'd won the jackpot on Littlewoods pools but his wife, Hilda hadn't posted them off. He'd been buying everyone drinks in The Rovers and when he came home and found Hilda had mucked everything up we heard them go upstairs and windows smashing and yelling and brawling, then the next day, Hilda has a black eye. It's laughable now. You wouldn't get away with that these days. It was of its time.

I would have busted Stan's balls and his lips. He'd be in the ER. That is a fact.

My right foot has to compensate for a crooked leg, so my toes bunch together and if I let the nails grow a little, they dig into the toes beside them. I went for a 3 hour walk today and I hadn't felt the carnage in my shoe, but when I got home and took my shoe off, I saw this.
20200621_125545.jpg
They're just small cuts, but the blood somehow climbed a few inches up my sock.

Bandaids, a nail clipping, and good shoes might prevent more of the complications that can arise from a crooked leg. Toes crossed.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom