Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

He was a sweet and tender hooligan, hooligan
And he said that he'd never, never do it again
And of course he won't (oh, not until the next time)
He was a sweet and tender hooligan, hooligan
And he swore that he'll never, never do it again
And of course he won't (oh, not until the next time)
Poor old man
He had an "accident" with a three-bar fire
But that's o.k.
Because he wasn't very happy anyway
Poor woman
Strangled in her very own bed as she read
But that's o.k.
Because she was old and she would have died anyway
Don't blame
The sweet and tender hooligan, hooligan
Because he'll never, never, never, never, never, never do it again
(not until the next time)
Jury, you've heard every word
So before you decide
Would you look into those "mother me" eyes
I love you for you, my love, you my love
You my love, you my love
Jury, you've heard every word
But before you decide
Would you look into those "mother me" eyes
I love you for you my love, you my love
I love you just for you, my love
Don't blame
The sweet and tender hooligan, hooligan
Because he'll never, never do it again
And...
"In the midst of life we are in death etc."
Don't forget the hooligan, hooligan
Because he'll never, never do it again
And...
"In the midst of life we are in death etc."
Etc! etc! etc! etc!
In the midst of life we are in death etc!
Etc! etc! etc! etc!
In the midst of life we are in debt etc!
Just will you free me?
Will you find me?
Will you free me?
Will you find me?
Will you free me, free me, free me, free me, free me, free me, free me?
Jury will you free me?
Will you find me?
Will you free me?
Will you find me?
How will you find me, find me, find me, find me, find me, find me, find me?
Oh etc! etc! etc! etc! etc! etc!
Etc! etc! etc! etc!
In the midst of life we are in debt etc!
Oh...oh...
Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Steven Morrissey / Johnny Marr
Sweet and Tender Hooligan lyrics © Warner Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group

I was 26 when I first heard The Smiths. At a boy'friend's, when he had a friend over with a mix tape.

I thought such a unicorn must be like Elvis, dead and gone. Much to my surprise, I found out he was alive and singing!

Which of them was a psychopath? Don't tell me both!
I had to buy a cassette recorder and microphone to tape the mean things he'd say to me, just to get it through my head he was really messing with my mind. He then toned it down though, when I presented the mic.

I had to buy a cassette recorder and microphone to tape the mean things he'd say to me, just to get it through my head he was really messing with my mind. He then toned it down though, when I presented the mic.
I know this sounds like victim blaming and I don't mean it that way but when people have the same kinds of relationships or meet the same kinds of people I think that on some level it's more than chance. Maybe there was a dynamic in some of those relationships and you recognized it in each other subconsciously. The purpose might be to learn to survive and get closure and then when you do and you see that kind of person again later they don't interest you anymore.

I know this sounds like victim blaming and I don't mean it that way but when people have the same kinds of relationships or meet the same kinds of people I think that on some level it's more than chance. Maybe there was a dynamic in some of those relationships and you recognized it in each other subconsciously. The purpose might be to learn to survive and get closure and then when you do and you see that kind of person again later they don't interest you anymore.
That's happening now I think.

I mean, I've been learning to trust in people who have my back rather than stab me in it. I think the relationship dynamic was established with people who treated me badly, where I would just distract myself with the things I like, and remain a sitting duck, or a cow grazing.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom