Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I wouldn’t expect any other reaction from the PC brigade (skinny and fwd) re Weinstein, but remember folks, every story has two sides and these were adult female actresses entering a hotel room of a movie mogul.

i meant to say i probably don't have very long left in europe (not london) until i'll have to fly back to canada, but eddy was being trés distracting!

How can I listen to this on a phone? The link doesn't even show up in the box! !!!

I ‘d like to know which of moderators is currently on duty. They’re refusing to post my messages for the second day in a row. f*** y’all

I ‘d like to know which of moderators is currently on duty. They’re refusing to post my messages for the second day in a row. f*** y’all
Make an account bro and you can post away to your hearts content.

That’s not the point here, dude. I have not violated any TOS. It’s a question weather the mod is biased or not. That’s all
I'm just giving you an easy and simple workaround. For reasons best known to yourself you refuse to take my helpful advice. :tongueout:

That’s not the point here, dude. I have not violated any TOS. It’s a question weather the mod is biased or not. That’s all
Quite often, things don't appear as quickly as people like and by time they complain the backlog is dealt with and their posts appear shortly thereafter.
Sometimes they don't and that can be due to many things, but 'bias' is not one of them.
Your accusatory tone and value judgements ('PC brigade' - utterly wrong assessment btw) might, by their very nature, instil a feeling of bias in some people, but not in this case I'm afraid. If you feel 'victimised', get any old email and register and bypass your contributions being looked at.
There is nobody 'on duty' as time here is volunteered and 'shifts' don't exist, nor is there a vast team of people sat in a constant state of readiness to process anonymous posts.
If you are aggrieved, there are better places to raise the issue than a 'thinking' thread and the advice from another member was completely valid - you can register to avoid any process you perceive as unfair also.
Regards,
FWD.

Well indeed. And who can we think of who defended Harvey Weinstein?

"The singer also cast doubt on the dozens of women who have accused film producer Harvey Weinstein of assault.

"People know exactly what's going on," he reportedly said when asked about Weinstein inviting actresses to his hotel room, "and they play along".

"Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: 'I was attacked, I was surprised'.

"But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it."

"I hate rape... But in many cases, one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person who is considered a victim is merely disappointed."

And...

let's not forget he denied he said these exact words, until Der Spiegel released the audio of the interview, in which everyone could hear him say...those exact words.

Expected PC victim defender response from you, so no surprises...ever the caped crusader...the one strapped and confined to a keyboard & that's as far as your activity goes. You then, Guardianesque, choose to drag Moz into it, conveniently, just to add in the archive Spiegel slur. Again, expected, but as ever, tedious.

Moz is completely correct in what he says, as he is with many things, yet you choose to take an opposing view...as ever you do. He could say black was black and you would disagree out of principle, for reasons known to us all.

A key thing from your Moz quote, for me is, "one looks at the circumstances". That in itself is interesting, because the only 'circumstances' (in the context of what Moz said) are the ones which we have been fed by the press. I'm surprised he was aware of it actually as he allegedly doesn't watch the news or read the press, but let's park that. He was aware, and he commented, and maybe he should have avoided the question totally. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

It's those 'circumstances' on which we make a judgement & we then start to analyse things in our own minds & try to unravel things and make sense of it, based on the limited information we have. However, they are not a full insight to the circumstances at all; no one could know the true circumstances unless you were there, in the room, with the people involved. Even in a court case, the true nature of the circumstances may not be truly revealed. It would be one persons version of the circumstances versus the other party's version of the same, and with lawyers and barristers twisting things this way & that way, trying to convince a jury that their client's version is 'the truth'.

So, an adult woman (or women), with career aspirations, looking for a part, goes to a meeting with HW in a hotel room, or such place. Unless she's totally deaf, dumb, & blind, and been cut off from society and the internet, it's reasonable to expect that she will have heard of the HW reputation/rumour, etc., and such things as the 'casting couch', which has been happening since the days of yore...whether that's film or music industry. She plays along or she doesn't, depends on her moral stance.

I'm not saying HW is right in what he, allegedly, & reportedly, did, (rape, if it took place absolutely is not right in any circumstance) and neither is the industry 'casting couch'...ism, but it is known to exist & people have known about it & chosen to turn a blind eye to it for umpteen years, but I have to question the naivety (where that's the case), & maybe even the morality (also where that's the case), of some of these women accusers.

Did they go, have sex (a) knowing beforehand that it was maybe a distinct possibility they would have to do this & were prepared to actually do this, or b) were blissfully unaware but went ahead with it in the circumstances they found themselves in), get the part, then jump on the bandwagon later, hating themselves for what they did to get the part, and now want to be known as a victim, as opposed to being possibly considered a casting couch slut, and so now wish to do some arse-covering?

Or did some of them go, refuse to have sex (a) knowing beforehand that it was maybe a distinct possibility they would be asked to do this & weren't prepared to actually do this, or b) were blissfully unaware and chose not to go ahead with it in the circumstances they found themselves in), get disgruntled/disappointed because they didn't get the part, and decide to throw these accusations later?

Who actually knows?

The only people who will ever know what truly happened are the people involved.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, after all.
(c.1697).

Expected PC victim defender response from you, so no surprises...ever the caped crusader...the one strapped and confined to a keyboard & that's as far as your activity goes. You then, Guardianesque, choose to drag Moz into it, conveniently, just to add in the archive Spiegel slur. Again, expected, but as ever, tedious.

Moz is completely correct in what he says, as he is with many things, yet you choose to take an opposing view...as ever you do. He could say black was black and you would disagree out of principle, for reasons known to us all.

A key thing from your Moz quote, for me is, "one looks at the circumstances". That in itself is interesting, because the only 'circumstances' (in the context of what Moz said) are the ones which we have been fed by the press. I'm surprised he was aware of it actually as he allegedly doesn't watch the news or read the press, but let's park that. He was aware, and he commented, and maybe he should have avoided the question totally. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

It's those 'circumstances' on which we make a judgement & we then start to analyse things in our own minds & try to unravel things and make sense of it, based on the limited information we have. However, they are not a full insight to the circumstances at all; no one could know the true circumstances unless you were there, in the room, with the people involved. Even in a court case, the true nature of the circumstances may not be truly revealed. It would be one persons version of the circumstances versus the other party's version of the same, and with lawyers and barristers twisting things this way & that way, trying to convince a jury that their client's version is 'the truth'.

So, an adult woman (or women), with career aspirations, looking for a part, goes to a meeting with HW in a hotel room, or such place. Unless she's totally deaf, dumb, & blind, and been cut off from society and the internet, it's reasonable to expect that she will have heard of the HW reputation/rumour, etc., and such things as the 'casting couch', which has been happening since the days of yore...whether that's film or music industry. She plays along or she doesn't, depends on her moral stance.

I'm not saying HW is right in what he, allegedly, & reportedly, did, (rape, if it took place absolutely is not right in any circumstance) and neither is the industry 'casting couch'...ism, but it is known to exist & people have known about it & chosen to turn a blind eye to it for umpteen years, but I have to question the naivety (where that's the case), & maybe even the morality (also where that's the case), of some of these women accusers.

Did they go, have sex (a) knowing beforehand that it was maybe a distinct possibility they would have to do this & were prepared to actually do this, or b) were blissfully unaware but went ahead with it in the circumstances they found themselves in), get the part, then jump on the bandwagon later, hating themselves for what they did to get the part, and now want to be known as a victim, as opposed to being possibly considered a casting couch slut, and so now wish to do some arse-covering?

Or did some of them go, refuse to have sex (a) knowing beforehand that it was maybe a distinct possibility they would be asked to do this & weren't prepared to actually do this, or b) were blissfully unaware and chose not to go ahead with it in the circumstances they found themselves in), get disgruntled/disappointed because they didn't get the part, and decide to throw these accusations later?

Who actually knows?

(c.1697).

giphy.gif

How can I listen to this on a phone? The link doesn't even show up in the box! !!!

It's vocaroo .com slash 635XOtIOthS

The chick who recorded this thought she was being so clever, but she mentioned a couple of times that you were living in a bedsit in Greece when I'm fairly sure you actually said you were living in a hostel. So she wasn't being all that observant of the facts was she? :crazy:
Ha ha not so clever now! (unless you really were the one who recorded it, I can't be sure.)

It's vocaroo .com slash 635XOtIOthS

The chick who recorded this thought she was being so clever, but she mentioned a couple of times that you were living in a bedsit in Greece when I'm fairly sure you actually said you were living in a hostel. So she wasn't being all that observant of the facts was she? :crazy:
Ha ha not so clever now! (unless you really were the one who recorded it, I can't be sure.)

Wooooooo!

Quite often, things don't appear as quickly as people like and by time they complain the backlog is dealt with and their posts appear shortly thereafter.
Sometimes they don't and that can be due to many things, but 'bias' is not one of them.
Your accusatory tone and value judgements ('PC brigade' - utterly wrong assessment btw) might, by their very nature, instil a feeling of bias in some people, but not in this case I'm afraid. If you feel 'victimised', get any old email and register and bypass your contributions being looked at.
There is nobody 'on duty' as time here is volunteered and 'shifts' don't exist, nor is there a vast team of people sat in a constant state of readiness to process anonymous posts.
If you are aggrieved, there are better places to raise the issue than a 'thinking' thread and the advice from another member was completely valid - you can register to avoid any process you perceive as unfair also.
Regards,
FWD.
Not feeling victimized at all, just annoyed. I’ve been here for a few years now and sometimes a post doesn’t appear for some reason or another. Not a big deal. But when the same post gets rejected (or doesn’t appear) after trying numerous times in a course of two days you begin to wonder if there’s an ulterior motive.

I'm just giving you an easy and simple workaround. For reasons best known to yourself you refuse to take my helpful advice. :tongueout:
I’m aware of the benefits of a registered member. Never wanted to belong to any association or club or whatever. Not my thing

I’m aware of the benefits of a registered member. Never wanted to belong to any association or club or whatever. Not my thing
It's a f***ing Morrissey message boarx for chrissakes. Make an account and call yourself Anonymous if you want. Otherwise quit whining.

Who actually knows?

(c.1697).

In any case why be mad at a singer for questioning the circumstances long before a trial when everyone in film & theatre knew about Weinstein & Spacey & did absolutely nothing about it?

& I take it that everyone who hates Moz for 'defending' rapists hates Paul Weller & David Bowie for being rapists (just to name 2 old singers with allegations & no conviction).

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom