Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Feel a bit rubbish now because the chap I got intimate with was out having a meal oh so charming with his new beau and kindred. We've not seen each other for a few years because I was barred from the pub we used to drink in. I always knew him as a drunk, and his composure and indifference today made me feel as though he'd left me behind. I can't live up to that. It was nice to see him though, and he acknowledged me in his own way.
Why were you barred is all I wanna know?

Dare I ask why you were barred? :lbf:
Dare I ask why you were barred? :lbf:
John, the bar manager was counting up at the takings, and I jokingly put my hand on the money and pretended I was going to pinch it. Anyway, John told Carl, the landlord, that I'd been trying to thieve money from them. I explained to Carl that it was a joke and why would I do it on full view of CCTV and in the full view of customers. Anyway, when I tried to buy another drink, Carl said he was sorry but he'd been told that I was using abusive language to his staff.

ive been writing today, trying out a new technique. free associative writing, or something like that. I start with a character (based on me, naturlich!) and I just let her babble, making whatever associations she wants. when I do this, I find I have myriad things to say. I thought that if I do this, if I can create a sort of fabric of words, then later I can objectively organize it, apply some sort of order to it. I feel like this may work better than my usual mode of thinking up structure first and then trying to find the words to fill it up--which is how I always thought you should do it so as to avoid babbling--which I find to be too constricting and against instinct, as well a great way to devalue words (when you use them as tools merely to fill up space). it also works--for ME it works, that is--because let's face it: when allowed to run on as I please, I'm just bloody interesting.

ive been writing today, trying out a new technique. free associative writing, or something like that. I start with a character (based on me, naturlich!) and I just let her babble, making whatever associations she wants. when I do this, I find I have myriad things to say. I thought that if I do this, if I can create a sort of fabric of words, then later I can objectively organize it, apply some sort of order to it. I feel like this may work better than my usual mode of thinking up structure first and then trying to find the words to fill it up--which is how I always thought you should do it so as to avoid babbling--which I find to be too constricting and against instinct, as well a great way to devalue words (when you use them as tools merely to fill up space). it also works--for ME it works, that is--because let's face it: when allowed to run on as I please, I'm just bloody interesting.

"Interesting" is not a word I would ever use to describe you; "narcissistic" and "painful" come to mind, however.

I admire anyone who has the time and patience to write seriously. It amazes me how there are so many published authors and how they manage to come up with something that's not been done before, and also write something that's even interesting. I've said the same to Peppermint, as her job involved original writing, and she's currently labouring on a book. If I was to take up writing (which I'm not), it would have to be about myself and I'd have to have someone reading it as I went along I couldn't write for an imaginary audience. So basically it would just be a 300 page letter, then. Perhaps not.

I admire anyone who has the time and patience to write seriously. It amazes me how there are so many published authors and how they manage to come up with something that's not been done before, and also write something that's even interesting. I've said the same to Peppermint, as her job involved original writing, and she's currently labouring on a book. If I was to take up writing (which I'm not), it would have to be about myself and I'd have to have someone reading it as I went along I couldn't write for an imaginary audience. So basically it would just be a 300 page letter, then. Perhaps not.
i know, me too! I have no imagination so plot and action is something I really struggle with. I mean, I can think up characters but I just cant make them do anything. all I can really write are letters too, but I'm trying to make that work. it's entirely possible for a 300 page letter to be a novel if you have the right premise. look at the sorrows of young werther, a novel comprised entirely of letters. and then there are novels like the diary of bridget jones, which is just about bridget jones and her perceptions, and is pretty lightweight writing but was nonetheless pretty successful (I'm sure you could write a pretty funny compilation of journal writings). anyway, I admire people who can write novels too, it seems a gargantuan task. is peppermint currently writing a book? (I didn't know that peppermint!)

I suppose that if you have your own voice and style, that's a solid base. I imagine that if you haven't even got that, you could write something action-packed but still make it banal. I found that with The Three Musketeers and Don Quixote, and I know that that book very regularly appears at the top of 'best of' lists, but I found it a labour of hate and waded through it to prove a point. I must NEVER pick up Proust! It's funny that you've decided to go along the episodic route with your letters. Good luck. Peppermint had writers block, the last I heard, but I advised her to relax and wait for the juices to flow. I think she was putting herself under too much pressure.

I suppose that if you have your own voice and style, that's a solid base. I imagine that if you haven't even got that, you could write something action-packed but still make it banal. I found that with The Three Musketeers and Don Quixote, and I know that that book very regularly appears at the top of 'best of' lists, but I found it a labour of hate and waded through it to prove a point. I must NEVER pick up Proust! It's funny that you've decided to go along the episodic route with your letters. Good luck. Peppermint had writers block, the last I heard, but I advised her to relax and wait for the juices to flow. I think she was putting herself under too much pressure.
well it's not really going to be letters, just a character recalling the events of the day which leads her to talk about other things. ive thought about dividing it into seasons and each season will have a theme. i think the main idea behind it is going to be integration, the characters struggles at integrating herself into life on various levels. ive been reading martin amis "the zone of interest" (GREAT book, by the way!), and it's just basically three characters whose voices he utilizes to create the story. each one of them get a section each chapter to recall the events of the day, or some thought that occured to them at some point, and what gets included is based entirely on the character of the speaker, what he deems to be important, and you've got at least one Nazi officer, a really petty foolish type, so you can imagine the kinds of things he says, and yet somehow his voice, along with the others, forms the structure of the novel. I feel like I could do something like that, something where the voice may be a little flawed, and where the reader can see the flaws, as opposed to being an omniscient, beyond reproach kind of narrator.

Why are catholics, men especially, so damn ugly?
It is like they've been carved out of cheap soap!

does anyone know if you can pay for flights/hostels online with a visa debit? I'm trying to work out my escape plan but am coming up against logistical issues (not having a credit card--because I intend to stop paying it ahead of time so as to save money--being one of them).

I read on this hitchhiking website that if you don't want to pay for a place to sleep you can stand in some busy area like a metro or a shopping centre with a sign saying "couch surfing" and maybe someone will offer to host you. I thought I might try that in europe, but that brings up the question of whether or not I have the kind of nerve needed to do something like that. I wish I was just one of those cool low down chicks with dreadlocked hair for whom that kind of thing is perfectly natural but I feel I would look (and feel) so awkward doing that. I also worry about getting kicked out of places or picked up by the police. still it would be a good way to meet people and who knows? if someone lets you stay at their place for 2 nights, why not a week? and if a week, why not a month? and if a month, why not a year? etc. could be they're lonely and would love to have a nice wholesome intellectual Canadian girl for company.

anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? even willing to accept comments from urbanus THIS ONE TIME.

does anyone know if you can pay for flights/hostels online with a visa debit? I'm trying to work out my escape plan but am coming up against logistical issues (not having a credit card--because I intend to stop paying it ahead of time so as to save money--being one of them).
Hi Rifke,

Do you mean the prepaid cards? If so, then sort of...the prepaid cards can't be used internationally, I don't think...so if you're buying airline tickets, yes...but if you're paying for a hostel overseas, likely not.

Looking in diary...
Thinking:
Happy birthday William, It Was Really Nothing.

20180820_175848.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

I read on this hitchhiking website that if you don't want to pay for a place to sleep you can stand in some busy area like a metro or a shopping centre with a sign saying "couch surfing" and maybe someone will offer to host you. I thought I might try that in europe, but that brings up the question of whether or not I have the kind of nerve needed to do something like that. I wish I was just one of those cool low down chicks with dreadlocked hair for whom that kind of thing is perfectly natural but I feel I would look (and feel) so awkward doing that. I also worry about getting kicked out of places or picked up by the police. still it would be a good way to meet people and who knows? if someone lets you stay at their place for 2 nights, why not a week? and if a week, why not a month? and if a month, why not a year? etc. could be they're lonely and would love to have a nice wholesome intellectual Canadian girl for company.

anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? even willing to accept comments from urbanus THIS ONE TIME.
How did you ever get the notion that someone like me would hitchhike cause that probably includes camping and I am a strict shower in the morning and sometimes twice day kind of guy.
Sorry that I cannot be of any help though my couch is always available of course and I could even provide a nice bed perhaps including my delicious body.

Think about it!

I somehow suspect you like me prefer to travel in style. That kind of thing is not for everyone.

We're so alike you and me it is scary and I know you hate me saying that but I always felt it was true reading your posts.

I'll disappear now to hang upside down with the bats outside Moz's latest rehearsal studio.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom