Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Thinking: 240 characters now on Twitter? I won't know what to do with myself now! :)
Regards,
FWD.

Thinking: 240 characters now on Twitter? I won't know what to do with myself now! :)
Regards,
FWD.

As long as it doesn’t distract you from supplying us with all great and relevant info about anything concerning Moz, I don’t mind. :):):)
Thanks for that, much appreciated.
I know I am a selfish bastard. :D

Why are so many coming out of the woodwork with sexual assault claims--some from decades earlier? Is everybody guilty? Is everyone a victim? Perhaps on some level we are all both. How about we declare this week reveal your grievances and/or misbehaviors. Everybody has one week to come out. Clear the air. Talk about it. Then shut up and move the f^%$ on.

"Perhaps on some level we are all both" Spoken like a person who ignores their own oblivious cluelessness because it is all immediately eclipsed by love for the sound of their own voice :thumb:

Honestly, speak for yourself RB. In light of the very serious allegations of rape and of violent sexual assault that you're referencing which are all at the forefront of the news right now, what a completely braindead thing to say.

Why are so many coming out of the woodwork with sexual assault claims--some from decades earlier? Is everybody guilty? Is everyone a victim? Perhaps on some level we are all both. How about we declare this week reveal your grievances and/or misbehaviors. Everybody has one week to come out. Clear the air. Talk about it. Then shut up and move the f^%$ on.

I agree with you to some extent. But it begs the question: to where?
I feel for the innocent, kind and nice people that became victims, honestly, I do.

But,...and it is a big “but”, I do have a problem understanding the sacrifices (as in giving in to the sexual needs of a powerful person) people are willing to offer just because they want their dreams to come true of being an actor or actress.

It crosses a line for me. If anyone would do that to me, I would punch them on the nose and say OK, f*** yourselves, and bye, bye dream of being an actor or whatever and consider other options.

Following your dreams, making sacrifices and working hard is great but it does compromise your integrity when you give in to the mighty and powerful and it corrupts your soul.
Thanks for your insight, realitybites! :thumb::thumb:

Is this thread a bad joke?

I don't know why you're thanking someone for "their insight", when the last thing realitybites has offered is any kind of "insight". Her comment criticizes people for having come out of the woodwork to talk about sexual assault they have previously been victims of.

So what "insight," exactly, has she shed on anything for you? Your comment Quando, offers its own interpretation of whatever you want to talk about. Fine. You're always half-apologetic whenever someone else says something stupid on this site, almost as if you feel sorry for them because you're too nice or something.

But what you're talking about; which is people sleeping their way to the top, happens in many industries and is not the same thing, as rape or as violent unwanted sexual assaults. Sleeping around on the job in hopes of promotion. One thing. Rape or sexual assault. NOT THE SAME THING.

RB's post was driven by presumably wanting to hear the sound of her own voice. She nowhere in her post, references what you chose to read into it, or what you chose to talk about. You chose to give it a different angle. That's not what she said.

The only thing her post did was criticize victims who have come forward with sexual assault claims. And then she followed that up by claiming that "we all" are some kind of perpetrators of sexual assault.

So for completely different reasons, you both need to get a grip.

Her post is nothing but deeply offensive to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of a serious sexual assault. And your post, somehow manages to be quasi-apologetic and quasi-complimentary, and for what reasons, only you can know.

I don't think there's anything left that either of you can even say. It would really be best to move on.

I don't know why you're thanking someone for "their insight", when the last thing realitybites has offered is any kind of "insight". Her comment criticizes people for having come out of the woodwork to talk about sexual assault they have previously been victims of.

So what "insight," exactly, has she shed on anything for you? Your comment Quando, offers its own interpretation of whatever you want to talk about. Fine. You're always half-apologetic whenever someone else says something stupid on this site, almost as if you feel sorry for them because you're too nice or something.

But what you're talking about; which is people sleeping their way to the top, happens in many industries and is not the same thing, as rape or as violent unwanted sexual assaults. Sleeping around on the job in hopes of promotion. One thing. Rape or sexual assault. NOT THE SAME THING.

RB's post was driven by presumably wanting to hear the sound of her own voice. She nowhere in her post, references what you chose to read into it, or what you chose to talk about. You chose to give it a different angle. That's not what she said.

The only thing her post did was criticize victims who have come forward with sexual assault claims. And then she followed that up by claiming that "we all" are some kind of perpetrators of sexual assault.

Her post is nothing but deeply offensive to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of a serious sexual assault. And your post, somehow manages to be quasi-apologetic and quasi-complimentary, and for what reasons, only you can know.

I don't think there's anything left that either of you can even say. It would really be best to move on.

If you're interested to know the reasons behind why realitybites said what she said, I'll leave these two links here and you can decide for yourself if you see any sort of connection.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/snl-h...y-do-so-many-sexual-harassers-have-to-be-jews

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/xfa-blog-entry/chasing-brett.1882/

But in my opinion, her desire for the victims to shut up has a lot to do with the religion/ethnicity of the majority of the perpetrators. If most of the sex offenders were white Christians, African-Americans, Asian, Hispanic, etc. we wouldn't hear a peep from her --- and we certainly wouldn't be subjected to posts from her wishing that the victims would just be quiet and go away.

That was my first question, to where exactly?
And as you can read in my post, I made a very clear exception for the real victims which seem to be the greatest part. And I really feel for them and sympathise.

Maybe I read more into what realitybites wrote literary, and I misjudged what she actually meant.
I don’t know.

Am I always half apoligistic when someone says something stupid on this site?
I wasn’t aware of that. I will think about that.

Am I hurting any real innocent victims by expressing some doubt about some claims of sexual harassment and rape by some people? That wasn’t my intention at all.

But sleeping away around to get to the top and later complaining you were sexually harassed and raped isn’t that as bad and disgusting too? Just asking.

I support in general the #metoo action as a way for victims to speak out and get all the frustrations, the humiliation out of their system.

But there are some doubtful statements too, not from real victims.

That was my first question, to where exactly?
And as you can read in my post, I made a very clear exception for the real victims which seem to be the greatest part. And I really feel for them and sympathise.

Maybe I read more into what realitybites wrote literary, and I misjudged what she actually meant.
I don’t know.

Am I always half apoligistic when someone says something stupid on this site?
I wasn’t aware of that. I will think about that.

Am I hurting any real innocent victims by expressing some doubt about some claims of sexual harassment and rape by some people? That wasn’t my intention at all.

But sleeping away around to get to the top and later complaining you were sexually harassed and raped isn’t that as bad and disgusting too? Just asking.

I support in general the #metoo action as a way for victims to speak out and get all the frustrations, the humiliation out of their system.

But there are some doubtful statements too, not from real victims.
No, I agree with everything you're saying Quando. It's just that, what you're saying, is not what RB said.

And her post made me furious in its throw away, paint-everyone-with-the-same-brush, level of sheer idiocy. Furthermore, she didn't just "express doubt" about the "claims" of some sexual harassment victims or about any victims of rape. She actively posted that "we all" are perpetrators of sexual assault "on some level". So yeah, sorry to point out the obvious, but someone is going to take the time to be offended at that, and to post a negative rebuttal.

I don't actually think she probably meant all of what she posted either. But! That's WHY people should THINK before they start hammering away at their keyboards, like mindless gerbils on a wheel.

The fact that there will always be some doubtful statements from alleged victims is unfortunate and disgusting, without a doubt.

But that was what you read into her post, and not what she said. I really don't feel the need to hash this out anymore. My criticism was with her statement, and not with yours. I just pointed out that when you did answer, you weren't even answering what she actually said, but a more positively nuanced version - which was unfortunately not what came out of her mouth, and which was just your own, and rather kind, interpretation of what could have come out of her mouth, as an alternative.

Sometimes, it might take someone - for reasons unknown to you or to me or to realitybites - a couple of decades to voice anything, about the reality of a sexual assault they have previously experienced. This is not entirely uncommon.

So really, if RB has been lucky enough to have never experienced the kinds of assaults that she's so easily passing comment on, then she should keep her big mouth shut.

As I said, for human decency's sake if for no reasons of logic, it would categorically be best for everyone to just move on from her comments. Her comments served no one and nothing well.

i think reality bites was just doing some harmless musing. because while rape is rape, and obviously pretty traumatic, all the rest, the "so and so groped me" and "so and so propositioned me" that we're also hearing about at the moment.... well i think the victims who were bothered by it, their voices are being amplified at the moment, they're setting the tone. suddenly a guy is being demonized because he grabbed someones ass once, and that's just a bit silly. i think it's worth remembering that just as there are many forms of indecent behaviour out there there are many different reactions to it too. i mean, there are a lot of people who this happens to who arent really bothered, who dont think a grope is really a big deal. for example, that #metoo thing. i never paused to think whether or not it applied to me, but just now when reading realitybites comment i recalled a superior at work who molested me all the time, as well as other instances of the sort. did i go online and furiously type out an expose of this person? no, there's no way i could be bothered. i mean, if someone asked me i would tell them the truth--again, not that bothered--but i wouldnt expressly call them out on it. why not? im really not fussed--not then, and not now. i wouldnt even say that he was a bad dude, or offer up comparisons to jekyll and hyde, about how when i got alone with him he became a different person. he didnt. he was still the same nice person, who just happened to have an annoying habit of being overly feely. i suppose im a victim too--but i dont feel like a victim. like i said, it was all but forgotten until it happened to come to mind today. i support the women who come forward but i do have to wonder what makes some women and not others feel like victims when a man acts in an inappropriate sexual manner toward them? why are some women able to brush it off as no big deal and not others?

I agree with you to some extent. But it begs the question: to where?
I feel for the innocent, kind and nice people that became victims, honestly, I do.

But,...and it is a big “but”, I do have a problem understanding the sacrifices (as in giving in to the sexual needs of a powerful person) people are willing to offer just because they want their dreams to come true of being an actor or actress.

It crosses a line for me. If anyone would do that to me, I would punch them on the nose and say OK, f*** yourselves, and bye, bye dream of being an actor or whatever and consider other options.

Following your dreams, making sacrifices and working hard is great but it does compromise your integrity when you give in to the mighty and powerful and it corrupts your soul.
Thanks for your insight, realitybites! :thumb::thumb:

So a person who has worked very hard to achieve their dream is somehow to blame when a powerful person victimizes them? One can't help but feel that you have topped realitybites moronic post with your suggestion that a rape victim should consider other options.

Why Louis C.K.?? :( I used to admire Woody Allen too. :(

Of course there are different grades of sexual assault, but all of them are sexual assaults.

I congratulate the victims for talking about their experiences with predators. A victim who tells her or his story saves another victim. They are heroes when they overcome the fear and the power and speak clearly and loudly about their experiences of abuse.

On The Waterfront is currently on BBC2 and I am thinking what a refreshing change. Pure class.
FWD.

So a person who has worked very hard to achieve their dream is somehow to blame when a powerful person victimizes them? One can't help but feel that you have topped realitybites moronic post with your suggestion that a rape victim should consider other options.

I did not say that.
When it is actually rape or sexual abuse there is no excuse.
I just expressed some doubt about some of the things people said.

Sexual predators are dangerous, but they could not produce as much damage as they do if they were not protected by an army of accomplices and facilitators, who protect abusers because they receive economic or professional advantages from them. They are true soul prostitutes, a lot of them are PR companies, managers, lawyers and press people. Sad.

This post is even more retarded than usual .Well done.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom