Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

you mean you're a kind of masochist when the right carrot is dangled before you? ;)
My take on it is that we push ourselves at times to do things even though we don't really want to do it. Like cleaning and working and studying and so on. Could be a lot of things.

A great quote that makes absolute sense. Never seen it like that before but you are right.

Glad you like it and even if there is some wordplay in it, even if it is semantics, I am serious about it.
When we think about words like freedom, slavery, bosses, masters, slaves, it all brings up images and ideas that are firstly and essentially about oneself, as a person, a human being. What do they mean to you, or me.

I don't deny their worth as a big value to human history or their use as an abstraction, but at the end of the day many people are glad to lay their head on their cushion and when they fall asleep they are free.
The other part of their life begins. The dream. The fantasy. The imagination.

So, I don't want to depress anyone but the big sleep as in death, is the big freedom.
But during our life we make choices and we adopt roles.
That is freedom too cause you can choose your role.
Just like in exploring erotic experiences, roleplay can satisfy the need for variation.
Sometimes you can be boss, or master, or slave.

In a way we are all slaves cause we need food, oxygen, love, affection and you can make the list as long as you want. Addiction is to some extent almost unavoidable, wether it is alcohol, drugs, sex, food or whatever.
Maybe it is possible to reach a certain balance.
You can do anything but don't overdo it. Moderation is all.
Some greec ancient philosopher said it.

Schopenhauer saw the slaves on the pirate-boats in Marseille when he was on his trip through Europe financed by his rich father, a banker.
He saw the slaves were tied to their seats, they had to row at the rhythm of the drummer with his big drums.
They were getting food, but that was it.
They had to row and that was their life.

He, Schopenhauer, suddenly saw it as a metaphore for life, cause in a way we are all tied to that seat and we have to row. Freedom is a relative issue.
Maybe to find, if you leave the well laid out path before you, but how to get rid of the ties if there is a boss, a master, like for instance money as KS said.
You would have to free yourself first and when you are being free you would find yourself in a situation to act like a boss, a master, which means other people have to be slave.
What a wonderful thought!
Cheers :thumb:

Glad you like it and even if there is some wordplay in it, even if it is semantics, I am serious about it.
When we think about words like freedom, slavery, bosses, masters, slaves, it all brings up images and ideas that are firstly and essentially about oneself, as a person, a human being. What do they mean to you, or me.

I don't deny their worth as a big value to human history or their use as an abstraction, but at the end of the day many people are glad to lay their head on their cushion and when they fall asleep they are free.
The other part of their life begins. The dream. The fantasy. The imagination.

So, I don't want to depress anyone but the big sleep as in death, is the big freedom.
But during our life we make choices and we adopt roles.
That is freedom too cause you can choose your role.
Just like in exploring erotic experiences, roleplay can satisfy the need for variation.
Sometimes you can be boss, or master, or slave.

In a way we are all slaves cause we need food, oxygen, love, affection and you can make the list as long as you want. Addiction is to some extent almost unavoidable, wether it is alcohol, drugs, sex, food or whatever.
Maybe it is possible to reach a certain balance.
You can do anything but don't overdo it. Moderation is all.
Some greec ancient philosopher said it.

Schopenhauer saw the slaves on the pirate-boats in Marseille when he was on his trip through Europe financed by his rich father, a banker.
He saw the slaves were tied to their seats, they had to row at the rhythm of the drummer with his big drums.
They were getting food, but that was it.
They had to row and that was their life.

He, Schopenhauer, suddenly saw it as a metaphore for life, cause in a way we are all tied to that seat and we have to row. Freedom is a relative issue.
Maybe to find, if you leave the well laid out path before you, but how to get rid of the ties if there is a boss, a master, like for instance money as KS said.
You would have to free yourself first and when you are being free you would find yourself in a situation to act like a boss, a master, which means other people have to be slave.
What a wonderful thought!
Cheers :thumb:
Being able to say no to things and people is the path to freedom. Sadly most people remain in the same mode they were as kids and teens where they only feel they are someone if in a group of people and so called friends. In such a setting you are reduced to having the same thought and ideas which explains why members of political parties are not able to think outside of the box.

you mean you're a kind of masochist when the right carrot is dangled before you? ;)

Yes.
By the way, what exactly is wrong with some masochism, if it pleases me, or anyone other, for that matter?
I like carrots dangled before me, ahem, in a strict metaphorical way.

My take on it is that we push ourselves at times to do things even though we don't really want to do it. Like cleaning and working and studying and so on. Could be a lot of things.

yeah, could be. But I just can't be bothered with those things.

Yes.
By the way, what exactly is wrong with some masochism, if it pleases me, or anyone other, for that matter?
I like carrots dangled before me, ahem, in a strict metaphorical way.

that's what I'm saying. That you/we don't mind putting up with crap if in the end we get that big juicy carrot ! metaphorically speaking of course. ;)

:clap:

but that doesn't answer my post.
Fair point, here goes.

Women can never be clean. Therefor they have this need to be as fresh and attractive as they possibly can to compensate for the fact they are never clean. This internal knowledge becomes a battle for women all their life until they dry up and become bitter and cannot have sex anymore being as dry as the Gobi desert.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom