Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Should we applaud a culture that stopped being in touch with modern life and that celebrates new year when no one else does just cause their communist past demands it?

Chinese New Year has NOTHING to do with a Communist past. The Communist Party of China (CPC) has led the People's Republic of China under a one-party system since the country's establishment in 1949. And have been active in the country for perhaps 20-30 years prior to that time. Chinese New Year originated centuries earlier when China was a dynasty. And either way, this holiday doesn't celebrate any political or economic system making your point, pointless.

I was really angry at the news reporting on this as I see what the chinese do as a result of turning away from modern life and living in the past and they have no way of thinking for themselves. The day when years become animal symbols around here is when I will ask the last swede to turn out the lights.

Actually, China has done the opposite--embracing modernity and technology with open arms. They are experiencing the fastest economic growth out of any nation on the planet today. Albeit not without suffering some negative consequences for this rapid development in the form of horrible air and water pollution from the massive manufacturing industry now in place there... which, btw, Sweden, and every other country has reaped the benefits from in the last few decades in the form of cheap goods.

China is evil and will be the downfall for us all and it is sad and scary that an educated american sees anything cute in it at all.

China will not be the downfall of us all. China has no intentions to take over the world and impose its political system upon the rest of us. If we let it become the greatest economic superpower out there, well then that is because we are slaves to materialism and prefer to consume cheap goods in massive quantities rather than a few high quality ones that could easily be, and used to be, manufactured locally. We have become consumers rather than producers. China is not a consumer society--yet. If they do become one, this will level the playing field. And I think that this is what is going to happen.

Chinese New Year has NOTHING to do with a Communist past. The Communist Party of China (CPC) has led the People's Republic of China under a one-party system since the country's establishment in 1949. And have been active in the country for perhaps 20-30 years prior to that time. Chinese New Year originated centuries earlier when China was a dynasty. And either way, this holiday doesn't celebrate any political or economic system making your point, pointless.

Actually, China has done the opposite--embracing modernity and technology with open arms. They are experiencing the fastest economic growth out of any nation on the planet today. Albeit not without suffering some negative consequences for this rapid development in the form of horrible air and water pollution from the massive manufacturing industry now in place there... which, btw, Sweden, and every other country has reaped the benefits from in the last few decades in the form of cheap goods.

China will not be the downfall of us all. China has no intentions to take over the world and impose its political system upon the rest of us. If we let it become the greatest economic superpower out there, well then that is because we are slaves to materialism and prefer to consume cheap goods in massive quantities rather than a few high quality ones that could easily be, and used to be, manufactured locally. We have become consumers rather than producers. China is not a consumer society--yet. If they do become one, this will level the playing field. And I think that this is what is going to happen.

All you and me can do is to agree that we disagree and if you wanna live your life like a political correct victim then that is your choice. I just happen to know a chinese man who only lives around these parts cause of all the things China will never become. It may be cute for some that in 2013 people associate the number of a year with animals but for me that is just sad and anti-intellectual. Some traditions must die and make place for others for peoples minds not to get stuck in the old ways. In Sweden we call women like you a batik witch.

This comment shows that again you are an ignorant racist bore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac

I am used to getting called that and so are many others. Whenever someone is of a view that is not shared by the political correct people they cannot handle it and will play that card. That is why we do not care anymore cause we have formed our own networks and the works of it has been on display a few times and we get stronger and in 2014 the swedish democrats will be the 3rd biggest party in Sweden and that will spark a new era in not just swedish politics but in world politics while poor little Obama will struggle to clean the streets from guns in his impossible war with the NRA. These are indeed fascinating times for us that were always labelled racist but that only makes us smile. I don't think the world can afford so many left wing people for it to move forward but I can only hope that the future will bring a new leader that deals with these elements.

Who's not mopey anymore? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?????? :D

Wanna cry? :tears: This video gets me EVERY TIME! :o It's of a deaf baby hearing his mom's voice for the first time after his cochlear implant is activated. How is the mother not losing it?

[video]http://www.wimp.com/hearingimpaired/[/video]

Shoot for the head, fuzz, I'm wearing a vest!

I went out with this girl in the middle of the night last night that I met at, of all places, the grocery store about two weeks ago or so. She is 22...which is very awkward, as I am nearly 37. We just drove around and got coffee. It was odd and uncomfortable but not in a bad way, just in an odd and uncomfortable way. She is pretty funny. When you expect attractive people to be stupid, and you even hope that they are so that it makes it easier to lose interest, but then they surprise you by having a brain, it catches you off guard. It's been a very long time since I felt interested in anyone in any way...and actually outwardly expressed it other than in some dumb poem.

Anyway, yeah. Good times.

In other news...just broke up with my girlfriend. So, there's that.

(You're supposed to write stuff about your personal life on the internet...right?)

I went out with this girl in the middle of the night last night that I met at, of all places, the grocery store about two weeks ago or so. She is 22...which is very awkward, as I am nearly 37. We just drove around and got coffee. It was odd and uncomfortable but not in a bad way, just in an odd and uncomfortable way. She is pretty funny. When you expect attractive people to be stupid, and you even hope that they are so that it makes it easier to lose interest, but then they surprise you by having a brain, it catches you off guard. It's been a very long time since I felt interested in anyone in any way...and actually outwardly expressed it other than in some dumb poem.

Anyway, yeah. Good times.

In other news...just broke up with my girlfriend. So, there's that.

(You're supposed to write stuff about your personal life on the internet...right?)

Great to read about something positive for a change. I hope you do not think about the age difference too much cause if you let things like that get in the way you may miss out on something great. I often wonder why people think the way they do about couples where the age difference is bigger than usual. It is not like the two people in love are forced to be with one another and it is like people around them sometimes feel as if one of them was forced into the relationship. It is often people that are jealous that will try to make it into a problem when it is not.

I have been in a relationship myself with the same age difference as you and that girl and we're still friends despite not being together anymore since many years back. You meet someone and fall in love for many reasons and if you share things and feel great when together there is nothing stopping you. Age is just a number. I wish both of you the best.

---Urbanus

Great to read about something positive for a change. I hope you do not think about the age difference too much cause if you let things like that get in the way you may miss out on something great. I often wonder why people think the way they do about couples where the age difference is bigger than usual. It is not like the two people in love are forced to be with one another and it is like people around them sometimes feel as if one of them was forced into the relationship. It is often people that are jealous that will try to make it into a problem when it is not.

I have been in a relationship myself with the same age difference as you and that girl and we're still friends despite not being together anymore since many years back. You meet someone and fall in love for many reasons and if you share things and feel great when together there is nothing stopping you. Age is just a number. I wish both of you the best.

---Urbanus

Dude, I just made all that shit up.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom