Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I kicked Boz' ass at Scrabble. No lie. Ok, it was Lexulous. But I won.

*slowly backs off of ass-kicking stance*

I don't mess with people good with words, I know my limitations. You win. :p

I'm going on Monday to an air force base to talk to a recruiter. I'm thinking about joining the Air National Guard.

An old friend of (the former) ours did that. It served him very well. He's still in, but retires in a year or two, with a healthy pension. He was sent to Sheffield, England, but never the Gulf. Paid for college and graduate school, and also, any military service gives you preferential eligibility for federal jobs.

Politics aside, it's not a bad move. My parents joined the Army to escape the dying Midwestern factory town they were born in (think Pretenders' "My City was Dead") and in the end, they got everything they were promised.

Good luck.

I'm going on Monday to an air force base to talk to a recruiter. I'm thinking about joining the Air National Guard.

I came very close to signing up for the Navy, went to a recruiting office and everything. Just as a warning, once they have your phone number or your address, they will call you every other week even if you say no. They will come to your house too, at least they did in 1994. Ask a lot of questions and be sure you're doing the right thing for yourself before you sign any papers, because they will tell you anything to get you to sign. But it is an honorable career move.

I came very close to signing up for the Navy, went to a recruiting office and everything. Just as a warning, once they have your phone number or your address, they will call you every other week even if you say no. They will come to your house too, at least they did in 1994. Ask a lot of questions and be sure you're doing the right thing for yourself before you sign any papers, because they will tell you anything to get you to sign. But it is an honorable career move.

Haha... yes. Remembering this. My dad made me take the ASVAB, which is like the SAT for the Army, and they were calling me NIGHTLY. This was during the first gulf war. I actually somehow consented to sign up for ROTC in college. I didn't realize that meant I would have to join the Army. They didn't tell me that part.

Haha... yes. Remembering this. My dad made me take the ASVAB, which is like the SAT for the Army, and they were calling me NIGHTLY. This was during the first gulf war. I actually somehow consented to sign up for ROTC in college. I didn't realize that meant I would have to join the Army. They didn't tell me that part.

My uncle is going with me. He's a Tech Sergeant in the Air Force...his job is to make sure they don't trick me haha.

I'm considering the Air Force ROTC.

I'm only thinking about joining so I can go to school again. However, it is likely that they won't accept me.

My uncle is going with me. He's a Tech Sergeant in the Air Force...his job is to make sure they don't trick me haha.

I'm considering the Air Force ROTC.

I'm only thinking about joining so I can go to school again. However, it is likely that they won't accept me.

Well, I wish you the best. Good to see you have someone who knows the system in your family, and on your side. Like I said, politics aside, it's a valid choice for a lot of people. You can really accomplish a lot if you are smart and motivated.

Plus, you do get to travel. We lived in Germany for 4+ years, and if my dad hadn't joined, he'd have been, at best, a grocery store manager in Iowa City.

Yesterday at lunch break in my new place of work I heard a few women trash talking a woman who works with them for wearing skirts to work. They said it's inappropriate for safety reasons :rolleyes:. Naturally I'm wearing a skirt today. I am a little nervous about it though.

I'm finding it inexplicably difficult to write at least 200 words about London. :(

I'm going to have some trifle, mmmmm trifle.

Since going away to college in 1996, leaving my house even though in spirit I had left it years before, I have had a recurring dream that I'm in a car accident. I had it again last night, though oddly, I didn't experience the impact like I normally do. THe car was hit, spun, I waited for my car to hit the other car it usually does (the point at which my dream becomes a nightmare)...but nothing. Very eerie.

Since going away to college in 1996, leaving my house even though in spirit I had left it years before, I have had a recurring dream that I'm in a car accident. I had it again last night, though oddly, I didn't experience the impact like I normally do. THe car was hit, spun, I waited for my car to hit the other car it usually does (the point at which my dream becomes a nightmare)...but nothing. Very eerie.

Scary, scary stuff - i'd give up driving if i were you - the impact always comes! Or does the lack of impact mean that you're settled - i don't know!
You've been at college since 1996? Bloody hell:eek:

Scary, scary stuff - i'd give up driving if i were you - the impact always comes! Or does the lack of impact mean that you're settled - i don't know!
You've been at college since 1996? Bloody hell:eek:

No, I've graduated. I just mean that that's when the dreams started. I think someone once asked if I have a recurring dream or nightmare and I said no forgetting about this one. It's always the same: driving fast on a highway, my car tires catch some gravel on the side of the road. THen my car spins 180 very slowly but still fast, hard to describe. THen I get hit by a car that I presume was travelling behind my car and it;s as thought the entire car smashes around me, so much broken glass and the engine literally sits on my lap still running. Then I wake up in a panic and am fine.

I did a piece in college about it, I hung a cutout of a cow in a glass jar suspended in my interpretation of the accident scene incased in a box roughly the size of a milk crate. I thought it might help the dreams stop if I dealt with it. It did not, though no impact is progress I suppose.

St. Patrick's Day is kicking my butt. Work has been stressful and I'm tired and hurt. At least I'm wearing green so I didn't get pinched (and got to pinch 2 other people). Maybe I'll take myself out to dinner tonight.

Awe, you're trying to make us hungry - that's twice i've seen you mention trifle in the last 5 mins..... can i have a bit? Is it vegan?:)

LOL I do like my trifle :p.

I got a headache today from the douchebags at the back of the bus blasting Lady Gaga :squiffy:.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom