Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

The thing about the fire and brimstone in the afterlife is that it's said to be without end; "their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." So death could, in theory, serve up something more disturbing than anything we experience in this life (this life being finite).

Fortunately, death is more likely an eternity of nothingness. What was before, also comes after. "OM."

I think people who have the privilege to die in comfort and dignity are incredibly lucky people. I won't get in the weeds about why this happens for some and not for others, suffice to say that a governing system of economic feudalism is amoral and cruel. It literally manufactures conditions of pain and suffering for about 40 percent of the world population. This will change in the next couple of decades. I'm excited for it.

Not to be born is, past all prizing, best; but, when a man hath seen the light, this is next best by far, that with all speed he should go thither, whence he hath come.

For when he hath seen youth go by, with its light follies, what troublous affliction is strange to his lot, what suffering is not therein?—envy, factions, strife, battles and slaughters; and, last of all, age claims him for her own—age, dispraised, infirm, unsociable, unfriended, with whom all woe of woe abides.

I think the best sort of cult would be centered around a beautiful woman. It's never been evident to me what people see in these male cult leaders. Applewhite, Jones, Manson, Koresh; they seem like zeroes or obvious crazies. I guess with some of the Indian gurus you can chalk it up to exoticism, but is exoticism sufficiently fetishistic for female devotees to submit their bodies to round-bellied, middle-aged, bearded creeps? Apparently the answer is yes.

I think im kinda beautiful so yea ok i guess im gonna do it!

I think there's a tendency to think of death as either good or bad whereas really it might just be like life where there are some good things and bad things about it. There have been periods in my life where I'd rather have been dead. Terribly uncomfortable situations. People go on about 'brimstone and fire' but I've already encountered that. Surely death can't serve up anything as disturbing as what I've already gone through in life?
Only a true fan could write such words. Namaste.

I wouldn't follow a Maharishi, but I'd probably follow a Sexy Sadie.

Last edited:
Why do I have to get up at the crack of dawn? Why can’t I stay in my warm comfortable bed? Why can’t I sleep until I just naturally wake, or never wake at all?
oh yeah…bills.

Attending two long hours of farewell and welcoming addresses at work today made me think about this strange and gruelling tradition.

Flowers were handed over, and also presents, some bigger some smaller, thank-you hugs and sighs in front of a clapping audience, hands shaken, more or less prepared introductions spoken or stuttered, self-written poems read, humorous anecdotes recited, film sequences shown, indirect criticism fired in the boss's direction... laughs, expressions of self-pity, relief disguised as sadness, the image cultivation of the amateur actor.

It was sheer torture.

Sometimes i wondered who the speakers were talking about when they described the achievements and contributions of those leaving behind this mess. I felt some pangs of shame because i compared myself with these descriptions and felt like a worthless, jealous fraud. It only later dawned on me that the speakers didn't describe the person leaving but most likely their own idealised self, or they were telling the other, "that's what you SHOULD have been. Look at me". Narcissism is ingrained in the institution, and so is sadism. Also possible: they used ChatGPT for their speech and didn't give a shit. A good memory is needed plus observation and analytical skills, not to forget time, to do justice to a person's achievements and character.

Why are human beings forced to do this to each other? Why not simply go home and then write each other some e-mails to convince each other that you are still alive? Why do we need this theater performance? Nobody has died, ffs, it's just work.

Last edited:
I can't listen to music any longer. I would like to, but then i don't do it. I am a killer and that's my punishment. I also have the impression that the music interferes with the spirit of the deceased.
Only songs that are about death are acceptable.

I can't listen to music any longer. I would like to, but then i don't do it. I am a killer and that's my punishment. I also have the impression that the music interferes with the spirit of the deceased.

A mercy killing is different from a murder. But limiting yourself to songs about death would not be awful. Presumably you would include all the Requiem settings, which is a nice library of songs to live on.

You didn't know in advance how traumatic the euthanasia process would be. It was sprung on you, and the vet didn't warn you not to feed your cat in preparation for the sedative. How could you have known how it ended up happening, until it was happening, and then irreversible. I think it's not your fault that the form of euthanasia used was horrible. I'm sure your cat's spirit forgives you for trusting the vet to be kind.

manic street preachers are so good! i came here just specifically to tell you guys that!!

does anyone like the verve? im curious what people think of them. i dont know much about the verve but i like what ive heard. havent looked up pictures yet to see whether or not theyre cheekbones are any good, though.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom