Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Informative? :(

Surely the way Mr Mistoffelees dances deserves a love-rating? :love:

(y)

That’s meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I don’t like Cats and I don’t like musicals and I don’t like anything Andrew Lloyd Webber and I don’t like Memories and I don’t like Barbara Streisand singing and I definitely love opera and ballet. I never liked musicals. I think i can understand better now why people do like musicals than I was able to understand when i was growing up, but still not 100%, and not really

at 19:30 or wherever, there is a Moz mention.
Enjoyed this interview. Surprised that B, despite all her alleged drug and sex consumption, has maintained a relatively sharp mind.
Not sure though if i wanna read the book coz i'm not at all into british celebrity culture, and i somehow fear it is all full with it to the brim.

Arch. I used to think musicals were the lowest form of entertainment, too.

I don't know what's happening to me. :tears:

And then, on top of everything, my friend Maria - pointing at my beloved Labrador - says to me: "Bun bun, you have such exquisite taste. Why do you have such a mainstream dog?"

I hate Maria. She is such a bitch.

The thing is i imagine Cats might be amazing if I was stoned, but I’m never stoned. Also who knows! I only extrapolated that I don’t like Cats based on my definitely not liking Memories plus all that other stuff in my list. But i think Cats might be so weird that it might be good. I don’t know, maybe I should just go and watch with a pair of earmuffs and just see what happens. But Maria sounds like one of those “friends” who like to “compliment” people by being flat out insulting to their faces. I dump people like that, and you should feel free to do that too!

Arch. I used to think musicals were the lowest form of entertainment, too.

I don't know what's happening to me. :tears:
Honestly I think it's just dumb to look down on musicals. There are much worse kinds of fun out there. As far as I'm concerned they're much better than going to the theater and watching an American made movie. They're entertaining, atmospheric and magical in that way that glitzy showy things tend to be. Nobody who enjoys musicals thinks they're anything more than that. The only reason to disparage musicals is if you thought in the first place that they were supposed to be high art, when they've never pretended to be that.

Any of you brits wanna make a day trip with me to nicky wire's house??? (I can't imagine it'd take more than a day no matter which spot on the island you're coming from, since Britain is super dinky)

I might sometimes be stoned.

One has to be careful with these things, cannabis is so very illegal in this otherwise very liberal country, even for medical purposes. There was this awful story some time ago concerning an MS sufferer who went to actual jail for growing a little marijuana plant. f***ing idiots. It is THE best treatment for the pain, the spasms, the anxiety.

Anyway, watching Cats stoned is probably AMAZING.

Honestly I think it's just dumb to look down on musicals. There are much worse kinds of fun out there. As far as I'm concerned they're much better than going to the theater and watching an American made movie. They're entertaining, atmospheric and magical in that way that glitzy showy things tend to be. Nobody who enjoys musicals thinks they're anything more than that. The only reason to disparage musicals is if you thought in the first place that they were supposed to be high art, when they've never pretended to be that.

Good point. I knew you would put things into perspective for me.

I’m gonna have be like one of those conservative politicians who come out publicly against abortion and then pay for their mistresses to have them. I will officially look down on musicals but then sneak into Cats every once in a while and watch Mr Mistoffelees dance :love:

Good point. I knew you would put things into perspective for me.

I’m gonna have be like one of those conservative politicians who come out publicly against abortion and then pay for their mistresses to have them. I will officially look down on musicals but then sneak into Cats every once in a while and watch Mr Mistoffelees dance :love:
see, i dont like that. no offence but i dont find that attitude charming. it's based on a value system outside of yourself rather than on what you actually like. it's like you want two selves, one to say: im not the kind of person who likes musicals, im too good for that, other people might like them but not me; and the other to say: oh by the way, i enjoyed that musical. it's a queasy mixture of self promotion and self deception. like, who cares if you like musical theatre??

see, i dont like that. no offence but i dont find that attitude charming. it's based on a value system outside of yourself rather than on what you actually like. it's like you want two selves, one to say: im not the kind of person who likes musicals, im too good for that, other people might like them but not me; and the other to say: oh by the way, i enjoyed that musical. it's a queasy mixture of self promotion and self deception. like, who cares if you like musical theatre??

It's just that I've never liked musicals. I walked out of Fame because it was loud and stupid and I couldn't stand the overacting and oversinging of mostly bad songs by very annoying voices. I saw Chicago, too, and it did nothing to me.

I loved Cats, though. :love:

Last edited:
Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom