Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Surface

Chilling in Cheshire.
What an amazing venue.

Yes it looks great, they pulled a huge crowd as well!

00585F46-13AF-453C-892F-F4ABA90F5E3B.jpeg
680AE595-4C68-4896-B364-AF1BCF603AF4.jpeg

Born to Harangue

beat The Void 2-0 by default
If I could invite four living people to a dinner party I would choose:

David Irving
Ted Kaczynski
Jean-Luc Godard
James Watson

Now that Jean-Luc Godard has died I'm looking for a replacement dinner party guest. To be honest, Godard may have been too surly and non-communicative to be a good guest anyway. I have James Watson on my guest list for genetic/biological realism talk, David Irving for historical revisionism, and Ted Kaczynski for environmentalism/domestic terrorism. Godard was there for an auteur/artistic perspective, and I've decided on three possible names to replace him with: Kenneth Anger (age 95), Eva Marie Saint (age 98), or Cormac McCarthy (age 89). But who else could I select that would be interesting to talk to: Jean-Marie Le Pen? Patty Hearst? Sirhan Sirhan? Saif al-Islam Gaddafi? Bruce Davis? David Berkowitz? David Berkowitz is supposedly a Christian convert now so there should be no issue with him and David Irving sitting together, but I don't think he's intriguing enough in 2022 to deserve a place at this table.

I'll have Hells Angels bikers keeping guard at the door just in case any protesters show up trying to crash my party. I should turn this post into a thread so that I can add a poll and we'll all decide the fourth guest together.

In fact, here's what I'll do: if you think Kenneth Anger should replace Jean-Luc Godard at my dinner party, give this post a thumbs up. If Eva Marie Saint strikes you as the best possible replacement then give this post the 'heart eyes' emoji. For Cormac McCarthy choose the laughing emoji, the 'informative' button for Jean Marie Le Pen, 'interesting' for Patty Hearst, 'shocked' for Sirhan Sirhan, 'sad' for Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, and 'angry' for someone else entirely if you want to make a suggestion of your own. Now, if you suggest 'Ronald McDonald' or something I want to know what it is you believe Ronald McDonald could add to the dinner party conversation! I'm not averse to a left-field choice like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian though to add some frivolity to what would be a heavy and at times possibly aggressive/tense/threatening conversation. But the decision is in your hands, get voting guys! :thumb:
If Richard Dawkins still spoke like this (I'm assuming the quote is real) then I may have chosen him as the geneticist at the table:
Fcz8T2paUAA5r3r.jpeg

But he talks more like this now, so there would be no point in having him there:

Last edited:

Born to Harangue

beat The Void 2-0 by default
Follow up question: who was the greatest Ronald McDonald? Finally this age old question may get an answer.

Like this post if it was Willard Scott (1963-1965)
WSRonaldMcDonald.png
Love this post if it was Michael Polakovs (1965-1968)
5b4593ce3d3122aab84ea6267667bf87.jpg
Choose the laughing emoji for Ray Rayner (1968-1969)
download (6).jpeg
'Informative' for King Moody (1969-1985)
3eced23d98c20e19a484e3c6713351fc.jpg
'Interesting' for Squire Fridell (1985-1991)
FLH2JcAUUAIWM_W.jpg
'Shocked' for Jack Doepke (1991-1999)
MV5BMDEwZTI2MzgtMzY4Ni00NWU0LWJhZjAtY2QyODlkMzc1ZGQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2OTU3MTQ2._V1_.jpg
'Sad' for David Hussey (2000-2014)
MV5BNDk3YzQ1ZWYtODEyMS00NjZmLWIyYmEtYjkxNGQwNTBhY2JjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDU4MDA0NTM@._V1_.jpg
'Angry' for Brad Lennon (2014-present)
RonaldMcDonaldSelfie.png

Packof20No10s

My beautiful girl Lola Jack Russell died on the 4th September. She was 1 week away from her 16th birthday.
I take comfort from the fact that we loved her for her whole life, but then I will miss her for the rest of mine. She was a tiger, a lion, a polar bear and had the longest and curliest tail in the whole wide world. Never again....Meanwhile, getting excited for next Wednesday and Morrissey in Blackpool.

Carlislebaz

Cock of the north
My beautiful girl Lola Jack Russell died on the 4th September. She was 1 week away from her 16th birthday.
I take comfort from the fact that we loved her for her whole life, but then I will miss her for the rest of mine. She was a tiger, a lion, a polar bear and had the longest and curliest tail in the whole wide world. Never again....Meanwhile, getting excited for next Wednesday and Morrissey in Blackpool.
Aww. Sorry to hear of your loss☹️
We had a Jack Russell about 6 years back, he was called Jemba, a loyal faithful pooch, great with kids.
But every now and then he would take flight and be very naughty.
He was great on walks, he was no bother at all, just when he was let out for a wee in the back garden, he would trot off, then ignore my whistle to stop.
He would pause look back at me , then say f*** you mate I’m off. Jacks have a mind of their own.
I miss our long walks, especially the winter ones.
Anyhow I hope you enjoy Blackpool,
I’m going as well 😎

Packof20No10s

Aww. Sorry to hear of your loss☹️
We had a Jack Russell about 6 years back, he was called Jemba, a loyal faithful pooch, great with kids.
But every now and then he would take flight and be very naughty.
He was great on walks, he was no bother at all, just when he was let out for a wee in the back garden, he would trot off, then ignore my whistle to stop.
He would pause look back at me , then say f*** you mate I’m off. Jacks have a mind of their own.
I miss our long walks, especially the winter ones.
Anyhow I hope you enjoy Blackpool,
I’m going as well 😎
Thank you CBaz,for your condolences. Jemba sounds like a proper Jack Russell. They know exactly how naughty they can be. My Lola would never run off, she knew which side her bread was buttered on!She loved her walks too.
Looking forward to Blackpool very much. I'll give you a wave, I am obviously sat behind you...Will be with my good friend, I'll be wearing a Morrissey t-shirt!

Carlislebaz

Cock of the north
Thank you CBaz,for your condolences. Jemba sounds like a proper Jack Russell. They know exactly how naughty they can be. My Lola would never run off, she knew which side her bread was buttered on!She loved her walks too.
Looking forward to Blackpool very much. I'll give you a wave, I am obviously sat behind you...Will be with my good friend, I'll be wearing a Morrissey t-shirt!
Drinks are on me 😎😎

Carlislebaz

Cock of the north
As we all will be 😄😄

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Top Bottom