Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

its about a couple who are engaged, the man, neil, is an artist, and the woman, anouk (although sometimes i mistakenly call her rifke), is a writer. and neil has this mysterious illness, something like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue, that he contracted long before he met anouk, and it derailed his trajectory as an artist, took him from being one of the brightest stars in the art world to just being a bit of a curiosity, a hasbeen. anouk doesnt mind any of this because she adores him and feels like his sickness makes him need her, whereas she doesnt have faith they wouldve come together otherwise. so when a man comes to interview neil, as a sort of retrospective on him, she starts becoming unnerved, and all the underlying anxiety she feels about the fragility of the moment, the permanence of the past, the idea that they belong to two different worlds and that neil has a core of unknowability of which his sickness is a symbol, all comes to the surface, and compels her to meet, unbeknownst to neil, with people from neils past in order to try to come to terms with these feelings. she meets an art collector, modeled on old fetishists from luis bunuel films, who reads her like a painting and recognizing in her a compelling savagery (a theme which he is interested in and has a whole collection of art involving the savagery of women), and an old girlfriend and muse of neils who she becomes fascinated with as someone who lives on the surface of life, and also someone who neil once loved. and then a shocking and brazen revelation from this woman about neils sickness is what leads anouk into a mind odyssey which estranges her from her current life and she seeks out themes of cold and silence and ascetism, and revelations about her own past are revealed to the reader, and things happen that puts a rift between her and neil and blah blah blah and her savagery that the art collector guessed at is revealed, but unlike the judiths and salomes and medeas of his collection, her savagery is against her own self. in the end, it turns out alright. the art collector, who turns out not to be such a bad guy, gives them a house in greece as a wedding present and they retire there to take solace in primitive eternal things like the ocean, as all broken people do.
it deals with the themes of solipsism and integration, primitive nostalgia and idealistic yearning, and is going to include meditations on beauty, sickness, the self, and how we can never really know another person.
and most importantly the character of anouk is going to be FUNNY with her dramatic and whimsical frills and her absolute lack of humour for these things in other people (she's based on me :cool:).

im sure you wanted something more simplified than this, but youll have to forgive me as i havent yet boiled it down to its unique selling point.

what kind of writing tools do you mean?
Sorry to hide from you rifke
Everytime someone responds to me on here I tend to hide for a bit.
The side is - admittedly daily - yet casual - viewing for me, and if someone responds to me, I want to create a proper response, which takes time and emotion.

Writing tools are essentially programs that help you sort and plot out characters, plot lines, locations etc. Very much geared towards the ‘gardener’ archetype of writer.

I must say that writing archetypes are bullshit in my opinion. The specific story leads the creative process, not the author. I have tried the ‘campfire’ program which is shit. Currently trying the ‘Novel factory’ program which is somewhat less shit. It means hours of me copying and sorting notes - worth it? Probably not. As I said though, whether it's of use of not depends on the specific story. I’ve been working on two stories for some time. One gets great use out of organisation or programs. The other wouldn’t.

As for your novel. Anything that can be easily simplified is often boring, I find. Wear the complexity as a badge. Go Oscar Wilde - arts for arts sake. Thats what I do. If I can be happy with my writings, it will mean more than ever being successful. That being said, the M lyrics I closely associate with is as the ‘girl least likely to.’ A publisher next year! (never this year).

I am intrigued by your story’s description, may I ask - the ages of neil and anouk? The age of a hasbeen is particularly important in their trajectory, I think.

He was passive aggressive. He would make these vague comments sometimes on posts and the choice I found was to ignore it or ask what he meant.
:mad:
this psycho babble makes no sense, FC. Again.o_O
the 'choice'was to ignore or ask? you made a choice to ignore and not ignore?????🤥

Generally I don't like to put in more work than the other person did in order to find out what they're really trying to say. Either say it or f*** off.
Then Verso outed him for "playing a character," something he allegedly shared in a private message. Maybe that ruined it for him.

BGVelcro couldnt find an empty beer can in the 'night shift' FFS🤒

Poor psycho babble all around(n):hammer:

🤒
randy dandy fredo the robocop just ended the
'night shift' AKA
fff49ed2dd8b5399f864bf1dafa0e059.jpg

:hammer:

@Skylarker

Your hero, rapist Bill Cosby isn't off the hook yet.
Dear @The.Truth.,

First of all there, should be another comma after Cosby.

Secondly, it's highly unlikely he will go back to prison on a technicality after a technicality got him out of prison, considering his age and time served and Covid. Possible, sure, but unlikely.

Thirdly, yes, he is a hero of mine...with regard to his comedic genius and gift for storytelling. I have all of his albums and they brought me a massive amount of joy in my childhood and I still listen to them regularly. Of particular note are Fat Albert (1973), To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Slept With (1968), Himself (1982), and I Started Out As A Child (1964).

Having said that, if he indeed drugged dozens of women without their consent, and violated their sexual sovereignty while they were unable to stop him, then I hope it goes without saying that I do not find that behavior heroic in the least and that I find such actions deplorable regardless of any otherwise redeeming qualities or artistic accomplishments he may have under his belt.

I also believe in due process and in the basic concept of law and order and I fully support the right of any woman claiming such a violation to take Cosby (or any other alleged predator she claims to have been victimized by) to court in the hopes of proving -i.e., with evidence- her victimization and rendering the maximal amount of penal retribution against her attacker.

Having said that, I do not see a correlation between his pluses and his minuses, nor do the crimes of which he is accused -whether they are true or false- affect my ability to acknowledge and enjoy his artistic merit. If you are unable to parse the two aspects of his life from each other, I simply recommend you do not indulge in his body of work...but I would advise against passive-aggressively admonishing someone else who has the nuance of intellect to draw a line between the two.

Problem solved. Thanks for @ing me.

Yours always,

Skylarker

Last edited:
crackedpots, FC believes that "FALSE" accusations can "TURN OUT" to be
"TRUE"o_O

how this can be possible he refuses to make clear.🤌
how a 🍇 can turn out to be a 🍉
we are not told.o_O

:hammer:

Sorry to hide from you rifke
Everytime someone responds to me on here I tend to hide for a bit.
The side is - admittedly daily - yet casual - viewing for me, and if someone responds to me, I want to create a proper response, which takes time and emotion.

Writing tools are essentially programs that help you sort and plot out characters, plot lines, locations etc. Very much geared towards the ‘gardener’ archetype of writer.

I must say that writing archetypes are bullshit in my opinion. The specific story leads the creative process, not the author. I have tried the ‘campfire’ program which is shit. Currently trying the ‘Novel factory’ program which is somewhat less shit. It means hours of me copying and sorting notes - worth it? Probably not. As I said though, whether it's of use of not depends on the specific story. I’ve been working on two stories for some time. One gets great use out of organisation or programs. The other wouldn’t.

As for your novel. Anything that can be easily simplified is often boring, I find. Wear the complexity as a badge. Go Oscar Wilde - arts for arts sake. Thats what I do. If I can be happy with my writings, it will mean more than ever being successful. That being said, the M lyrics I closely associate with is as the ‘girl least likely to.’ A publisher next year! (never this year).

I am intrigued by your story’s description, may I ask - the ages of neil and anouk? The age of a hasbeen is particularly important in their trajectory, I think.
haha i used to do that too! especially if it was a long reply.

well i think art must go through a process were it starts out complicated and then becomes simplified, distilled to a few key elements or themes.

about those writing tools, ive never tried them. i did get guidance from a poster here about how to write a novel, the unique selling point and all that, and it helped a lot, so maybe i should check out those tools that you mention. but what ive always believed is, if you read enough novels, you should know instinctively how to write one. you might not know that you know how. it might take a lot of concentrated effort to discover that you know how. but i think it's all gotta be there inside of you. and excavating that knowledge from the inside seems to me a more authentic way to go about writing than by using outside tools, designed by someone else with approaches to writing that worked for them. i think you've got to find your own approach to writing. for me, i started out with a vague vision, an idea of the mood i wanted it to have, inspired by a few different sources: orhan pamuks the black book, wherein the main characters wife is missing; the lyrics "it's just that person by your side remaining distant" from the song Fond Affections; the idea of a person going over the effects of another person, very much alive, as though they are dead, each one brining up a certain memory; a clip of neil codling talking about his illness, saying he's not the same person now as he was before the illness; gregory crewdson photography where you get the sense that something unsettling has just happened but you dont know what; and old calvin klein obsession commercials. somewhere in all of that i felt that there was a novel, so my approach has been just to decipher what all of that means, which requires a lot of inward thinking and attentiveness.

tentatively, neil is about 40. young enough to still be achingly beautiful (although he's based on neil codling, and as we have all witnessed, neil codling will remain achingly beautiful long after he's 40), but too old to have the glamour and promise and potential of youth, therefore a "hasbeen". anouk is a bit younger, about 32, young enough that shes still trying to sort things out and hasnt really become firmly established in any way of life, but old enough so that no one thinks neil is some typical gross man only interested in pretty young things (anouk is not pretty anyway, but a little jolie laide).

i agree about being happy with your writing. that's the most important thing to me too, to create a novel that im proud of (especially since my novel is about neil codling, and therefore HAS to be poetically satisfying, a testament to my great and abiding love for him). i would love to hear your story ideas if you want to share them!!

Last edited:
what dear souls these two are. their joyful laughter throughout and the gentleness of their interaction is a beautiful thing. these two are far more enlightened than that old scabrous curmudgeon richard dawkins could ever be.

it's too hot and humid in here. how am i supposed to write when it's so hot and humid? i checked, this guy keeps the heat at 24. 24!!!!!! i asked him to turn it down and he turned it down to 23 (still much too high!!!) but i think he turned it up since then, despite that it was 10 degrees out today with a humidity of 90%. it's hotter in here than it was in the summer. im so f***ing annoyed about this. i was looking forward to the cold.

I spilled garlic powder everywhere
I just wanted to eat
I left it there
Now I've spread it around
Do I care
With a sponge and water
I cleaned it up
It's out of my hair
Morrissey doesn't care for garlic
But it's in the air
Poor garlic
Not liked by the son and heir

I started watching "The Last Kingdom" on netflix. I like it but I'd prefer if it were a little more soft focus. I like things where everyone's flaws make it difficult to see one person as good and another as bad. There is some of that but we're pressed a little too much into siding with the hero of the story. His antagonists always have flaws that make it difficult to give them much respect and so even with his mistakes, usually caused by his impatience, it's difficult to see the possibility that all the characters have some justification for their actions.
The king would have had to be smarter than he is depicted here because the king who passed over his own son to give him the crown probably wouldn't have done that.
The action is good but the outcome sometimes relies heavily on "plot armor" meaning our hero has several times faced impossible odds and still come out on top and it probably didn't happen quite that way. It's a good story though and nice to look at. it's fun to recognize which characters are based on characters from Game of Thrones. There is sort of Jaime Lannister/Bronn character and another that shares a lot with Tyrion Lannister, being a wise drunk who helps take the heat off the hero at one point where he might have been killed. I've only watched about four episodes and it's good so far but could be better. It's based on a novel so it probably doesn't just run out of story and start repeating the same setups like some other shows do that go on for too long.

I started watching "The Last Kingdom" on netflix. I like it but I'd prefer if it were a little more soft focus. I like things where everyone's flaws make it difficult to see one person as good and another as bad. There is some of that but we're pressed a little too much into siding with the hero of the story. His antagonists always have flaws that make it difficult to give them much respect and so even with his mistakes, usually caused by his impatience, it's difficult to see the possibility that all the characters have some justification for their actions.
The king would have had to be smarter than he is depicted here because the king who passed over his own son to give him the crown probably wouldn't have done that.
The action is good but the outcome sometimes relies heavily on "plot armor" meaning our hero has several times faced impossible odds and still come out on top and it probably didn't happen quite that way. It's a good story though and nice to look at. it's fun to recognize which characters are based on characters from Game of Thrones. There is sort of Jaime Lannister/Bronn character and another that shares a lot with Tyrion Lannister, being a wise drunk who helps take the heat off the hero at one point where he might have been killed. I've only watched about four episodes and it's good so far but could be better. It's based on a novel so it probably doesn't just run out of story and start repeating the same setups like some other shows do that go on for too long.
#whocares

The crackhead I gave my TV to was kicked out of the house she was living in I think. I walk past it a few times a day and never see her.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom