Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

rifke

bodhisattva

bun bun

baklava
oh its so picturesque!!! like a post card!! i was there in the dead of winter though and boy was it cold!!!

i miss my solo travels. i mean, i know ill be able to travel again sometime, but it wont be the same now that im old. nothing ever will be the same. :(

Nothing will ever be the same, but that's good isn't it? It would be boring otherwise. You'll travel again, and it will be wonderful! I am very old and I am off to Oslo tomorrow (on a business trip, but I'm adding an extra day to walk around Oslo, sip exceedingly expensive cappuccinos and visit the new Munch museum!!!) The only difference is that now I am dyeing my hair (I wasn't going to tell anyone, including boyfriend, but now I've told everyone, LOL).

rifke

bodhisattva
Nothing will ever be the same, but that's good isn't it? It would be boring otherwise. You'll travel again, and it will be wonderful! I am very old and I am off to Oslo tomorrow (on a business trip, but I'm adding an extra day to walk around Oslo, sip exceedingly expensive cappuccinos and visit the new Munch museum!!!) The only difference is that now I am dyeing my hair (I wasn't going to tell anyone, including boyfriend, but now I've told everyone, LOL).
it is not good, bun bun!!! it is precisely because we get old that life is boring! because whats the point of doing ANYTHING if it just ends in getting old!!! things would matter more if you could stay young all your life and store up all the things youve done and become more intensely yourself with everything you do rather than experiencing a diminution of self against your will!!!

well, bun bun, so long as it doesnt look like you dyed your hair i dont see what difference it makes if people know you did or not!! in fact, i think it's better to just tell people, otherwise people will think you have some weird pride issue about it. when i get botox (god willing) im gonna tell everyone!!

have fun in oslo!!! be sure to tell us all about it!!!!

bun bun

baklava
it is not good, bun bun!!! it is precisely because we get old that life is boring! because whats the point of doing ANYTHING if it just ends in getting old!!! things would matter more if you could stay young all your life and store up all the things youve done and become more intensely yourself with everything you do rather than experiencing a diminution of self against your will!!!

well, bun bun, so long as it doesnt look like you dyed your hair i dont see what difference it makes if people know you did or not!! in fact, i think it's better to just tell people, otherwise people will think you have some weird pride issue about it. when i get botox (god willing) im gonna tell everyone!!

have fun in oslo!!! be sure to tell us all about it!!!!

Of course it doesn't look like I dyed my hair. I'm not Viva Hate, I know how to dye hair and paint nails, LOL.

Will get back to you about getting old and the point of it all after the Munch exhibition. :fearscream:

rifke

bodhisattva
i found a glitch in my novel. oh man this is so aggravating. it has to do with the psychology of the female character. what im confused about is if a characters personality drives the plot, how much do i have to explain the personality and provide a psychological framework for it and root it in the past?

rifke

bodhisattva
Of course it doesn't look like I dyed my hair. I'm not Viva Hate, I know how to dye hair and paint nails, LOL.

Will get back to you about getting old and the point of it all after the Munch exhibition. :fearscream:
do you dye it yourself or do you go to a salon?!

by the way, i found a loooong white hair the other day!!! the first white hair ive ever had!!! how did it get so long whilst escaping my notice?!?!?! it was a bit disturbing and i didnt know if i should stamp my feet and yell and shout and curse the gods, but i decided in the end that i didnt feel like it and that after all, in the time it took to grow that long a whole bunch of others didnt meanwhile crop up so maybe it was just a one off. still, it makes me feel so unstable knowing that my hair COULD suddenly start going grey just like that.

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
i found a glitch in my novel. oh man this is so aggravating. it has to do with the psychology of the female character. what im confused about is if a characters personality drives the plot, how much do i have to explain the personality and provide a psychological framework for it and root it in the past?

You don't have to explain. It'll be revealed in her words, deeds, memories and your writing style.

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Members are free to ask for their accounts to be deleted at any time. If they are certain (we do ask) and don't wish to simply sign out or leave the acc as it is, then you will see 'deleted member' in place of their name.
This is a completely amicable process and is initiated by the member.
Regards,
FWD.

rifke

bodhisattva
You don't have to explain. It'll be revealed in her words, deeds, memories and your writing style.
yes, nerak, i know! thats what i meant by 'explaining'. im not sure how deep into her memories and thoughts i have to go, how entirely i have to work out her psychology, and how much readers will be willing to accept without a huge framework to back it up (because some novels the authours dont explain their characters at all, but that may be because their characters personalities fall into the mainstream, or because the action is something that happens to the characters and sweeps them along rather than them creating the action). i want her psychology just to be a feature of the novel, i dont want to be slavishly devoted to it. so it's tricky. i also see that she's full of dichotomies and i dont know how to work that out.

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
yes, nerak, i know! thats what i meant by 'explaining'. im not sure how deep into her memories and thoughts i have to go, how entirely i have to work out her psychology, and how much readers will be willing to accept without a huge framework to back it up (because some novels the authours dont explain their characters at all, but that may be because their characters personalities fall into the mainstream, or because the action is something that happens to the characters and sweeps them along rather than them creating the action). i want her psychology just to be a feature of the novel, i dont want to be slavishly devoted to it. so it's tricky. i also see that she's full of dichotomies and i dont know how to work that out.

If you know who she is & why she's doing what she's doing then it should make sense to the audience* without much explanation.

If the story needs a lot of piping then you're probably starting at the wrong point.

*readers :blushing:

rifke

bodhisattva
If you know who she is & why she's doing what she's doing then it should make sense to the audience* without much explanation.

If the story needs a lot of piping then you're probably starting at the wrong point.

*readers :blushing:
yeah, ive still got a lot to think about!

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Top Bottom