Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

The lead singer will always have the spotlight, will always be the media 'star' and the band was built on his vision but the Smiths were a partnership, an incredible pairing of two creative minds. There would be no Smiths without Johnny and you can't write that out of history, I'm afraid. I don't subscribe to Moz camps and Marr camps and pissing contests, but I think it says a lot about modern Moz fans that ANY praise of Johnny seems to touch a nerve, like it's illegal to enjoy both. I think their fractured relationship has a lot to do with that but I love both and always will. I'll never understand how anyone could be a Smiths fan and not do that.

Believe it takes more than just being the singer or media star to inspire the kind of fanaticism and devotion that an artist like Morrissey continues to receive.

Morrissey has that something more, that even though fans went to see the Smiths, they were really there to see Morrissey.

Like moths to a flame. :cool:

Anyway, a good example is the question why a singer/media star like Jagger couldn’t make it as a solo artist, but Morrissey could, even he was surprised, silly boy.

View attachment 65006

That’s only because there isn’t a Marr-Solo.
That is complete bullshit. The fact that I don't think of Morrissey as an infallible God-like figure doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

Lots of fireworks going off around here. I remember my dog completely freaking out because of them.

i was staring at the blind mans dog on the bus today. i felt rude staring but its not like the blind man knew i was doing it. only the dog would know but he was indifferent. i couldnt help it. he was the most beautiful adorable sweet looking dog i have ever seen in my life (aside from my own) and i couldnt take it all in, i had to keep looking. occasionally he would rest his head on the blind mans knee and the blind man would give him some pats. i love that dog.

It would be pretty hard to tell when Ketamine Sun is being "tongue in cheek" on any subject that is Morrissey related. Of course Johnny is a terrible person. He's not Morrissey!
Everything not Morrissey is forbidden.

;)'s

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is a tiny dork who sucks on 🦀:baseball::baseball:'s.;)
outside of that hes a total twat, Fake C.:mad:

Are you terminally offended by harmless digs or does this forum just bring out the worst in you?
Ket digs at JM but is a fan of him too, and I do the same with Moz. We occasionally frustrate each other / wind each other up but I think there is some level of understanding - you won't find a 'flamewar' if you're looking for one.
It was tongue-in-cheek, obviously. God, what a joyless, over-sensitive response.

@Light Housework paint a picture of Mamie Van Doren so we can send it to her on Twitter. She was a Hollywood star in the 1950s and 60s, one of the blonde bombshells like Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield. She's 89 now and still looks good and posts regularly on Twitter (mostly anti-Trump tweets). She's one of the last big stars of that era still living, she dated Frank Sinatra, Clark Gable, Rock Hudson (as a beard), Johnny Carson and others. Check her out at the end of this 1960s tv commercial (about 50 seconds in) for a glimpse at her glamour.

Louder Fireworks with windows still closed

When it first started, I thought it was you hammering nails into your wall to hang the latest set of pictures.
But then it got faster...and I thought, no-one can hammer nails in that quick...unless LH has invested in a nail gun.
nailgun.JPG

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom