Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

i have rediscovered the joys of ebay! around ten years ago i used to buy marni stuff off of ebay all the time. there was at that time this great seller mushroom-city from tokyo who had all kinds of great new and vintage marni stuff (sadly i havent seen her around) that i used to buy from all the time. i started when i lived with my grandma and i remember using her email and thinking nothing of it until she discovered that i bought a $500 marni piece of cloth that acted as a top and was a bit aghast saying it was "drastic" (it baffles me now that i couldnt have predicted her reaction) and saying that i should go buy clothes from sears and again getting mad when i said i couldnt because sears was irrelevant to the times (we lived, at that time, in a small doukhobor town where nothing fashionable was ever worn, making my attitude all the more funny). anyway, ebay is still the best place to buy vintage marni stuff (though not as good as it once was). i was delighted to find this coat (for super cheap) that i had wanted to buy years ago but had missed out on. im not sure if ill buy it or not. it's too small for me but it would be an incentive to lose weight and marni coats are oversized anyway so i can usually stuff myself into them one way or another. also, total wrong colour, but i would like it to be known that i dont even care. it's so great, the collar, the low waist (im a big fan of low waists), everything. marni is EXACTLY what i need in my life right now.

Honest opinion: really not my thing, but I can appreciate the style of it. I think it's because I know how I would look in it (like I had stolen my Grandma's dressing gown). But I'm sure it's entirely possible to look stylish in it, were I someone who knew how to wear it.

I :hearteyes: eBay. It's SO the way to go if your taste doesn't match your income. Oh, but... even more exciting than snaffling a bargain on eBay is selling on eBay! I have made £158 this month from selling just a handful of things I didn't need any more.

So I’m driving to Virginia for my 33rd family reunion with my son all excited in the backseat when my wife who’s at her obgyn app, her last or next to last one, calls to say that her blood pressure is up and that they’re gonna admit her and induce at seven thirty in the morning. Now everyone who can possibly watch my son while we go to the hospital is in Virginia so I had to drive him there and turn right around to go past my home in Maryland and drive over the bay bridge to Annapolis to get ready which I am not. It’s been a day

So I’m driving to Virginia for my 33rd family reunion with my son all excited in the backseat when my wife who’s at her obgyn app, her last or next to last one, calls to say that her blood pressure is up and that they’re gonna admit her and induce at seven thirty in the morning. Now everyone who can possibly watch my son while we go to the hospital is in Virginia so I had to drive him there and turn right around to go past my home in Maryland and drive over the bay bridge to Annapolis to get ready which I am not. It’s been a day
Good luck with it all, Trans.

What I wrote today:

Charlie once went with me to scout out Johns. I only remember us scoring one. An oriental man, who had missionary style sexual intercourse with me on the concrete of a parking garage, and spoke of wanting to take me to Disneyland. That was the only time Charlie was involved with me prostituting myself. He did pressure me to make money though. I’ll never forget that time. Weeks of him chronically calling me ‘bitch', etc., because I’d borrowed money from him, that I’d thought he’d given to me, and I wasn’t working. This happened in Calgary.

To be continued…

Charlie would mutter “f***ing bitch", whenever he’d see me, in the apartment we shared in Calgary, Alberta, even though I slaved for him, doing his laundry, spreading peanut butter on his toast, and babysitting his daughter, who lived with her mother, Gail. He wasn’t feeding me, but I was expected to butter his toast. How humiliating. I’d gone to the welfare office, and was refused assistance on the grounds that I was living common law with a man.

I ended up finding work as a stripper again, and Charlie stopped calling me “f***ing bitch”. I had to pay, to work there though. It was not easy to make money. One night, I went with a client and his young employee, to his or his employee’s apartment, and we just danced. It was a respectful vibe. Then he drove me home. I wasn’t paid for it. I just was lonely, and starved for civility.

Before we’d left Montreal for Calgary, I’d broken my leg, during a bicycle accident. I collided with a taxi, after a bad date which left me hypnotized. I knew I was driving recklessly, and that I was going to get creamed, but I couldn’t bring myself to care. I had an operation to put a steel plate on my calf bones, and the cast’s tension was wonky, and I ended up with a Charlie Chaplin foot, so my dancing was a bit off.

In Calgary, one time that I was babysitting Charlie’s daughter Laine, and her half sister Stacey, they tore off their clothes and were sliding through the kitchenette on something, I forget what. Then they danced in the living room. They were so bent on doing this, I figured I’d let them get it out of their systems, and then explain to them, after it wasn’t such a novelty to them, that people can judge negatively, those who run around naked. Hypocritical, me? Looking back, yes indeed, but it was true. I got judged negatively for being naked around people, after all.

Gail and her boyfriend Terry caught wind of that nakedness, and called to arrange a get together with us. Gail brought booze with her, and quickly brought up the kids' nudity. Charlie started yelling at her “You think you’re the boss?” and Terry got up off the couch and hit Charlie in the mouth. Something went flying out of his mouth, and later Charlie told me it was a dental bridge. I’d never heard of such a thing. I exclaimed “That’s not civilized!”, which drew Terry’s attention to me. He pulled his fist back as if getting ready to strike me, looking me straight in the eye. He thought better of it. They left, and I packed up the van to move to Vancouver, British Columbia.

We moved in with Charlie’s friend Chris, in New Westminister. It was just a bachelor suite, but there was a large closet where there was a bed. I don’t remember how we managed our sleeping arrangements. Chris at one point gave me shit for “using too much water". I hadn’t been. Charlie took my chocolate, one day, and though I had been granted welfare assistance in Vancouver, my budget was extremely tight, so it hurt that he’d taken it. I’d specifically told him not to, and he did exactly that.

I exclaimed “You’re eating my chocolate!” and he laughed, not in an endearing way. I tried to take it from him, and he yanked my hair. That was the last straw. Finally, I grew rebellious. I moved behind him, took hold of a lock of his long blonde hair, and just pulled slightly, as I knew that was all it would take, to tip him backwards. Indeed, he fell, and angrily alligator crawled to get hold of me. I ran out the door, and by the time I came back, he was seated in front of the TV as usual, watching the news about bombing in the middle east. I guess I was braced for retaliation, but it never came.

Charlie told Chris that he wanted him to have sex with me, for his viewing pleasure. Chris and I did the deed. I felt nothing pleasurable, but it didn’t hurt. It was just mechanical to me, but Charlie went back to Montreal soon afterward, and Chris asked me one day “Sharon, what does a guy have to do to get into your pants?” I answered that he just had to remind me that he’s interested. Something like that. Chris had moved out, and left the apartment to Charlie and I, and now that Charlie was gone, I lived there alone.

So Chris put the moves on me, and I decided I may as well use him like a dildo. It went like that for about a month. I’d started a women’s employment program, and one day after school, I was feeling lost and down. Chris called, and asked how I was doing. I answered that he wouldn’t understand, but he said “Try me!”, so I blurted out what seemed to me to be gobbledygook. Much to my surprise, his response showed me that he’d understood, and I was so impressed, that I suddenly fell completely in love with him. He was now much more than a dildo to me.

To be continued…

What, they 'gave him double' just so he could give you the extra? Haha, that old trick :rolleyes: Well, he sounds rather sweet (if a bit too determined for my taste). But if you're not interested, think you're going to have to be very, very busy writing that novel. With HUGE important deadlines looming, obviously.
unless he annoys me, then it will be very easy to put him in his place. and a person thinking i owe them any time is just the sort of thing that annoys me. but right now he doesnt annoy me, right now i think he's rather nice, so that just makes me feel bad for not wanting anything to do with him. thankfully i havent heard from him since, so we'll see what happens.

Honest opinion: really not my thing, but I can appreciate the style of it. I think it's because I know how I would look in it (like I had stolen my Grandma's dressing gown). But I'm sure it's entirely possible to look stylish in it, were I someone who knew how to wear it.

I :hearteyes: eBay. It's SO the way to go if your taste doesn't match your income. Oh, but... even more exciting than snaffling a bargain on eBay is selling on eBay! I have made £158 this month from selling just a handful of things I didn't need any more.
good job, pep! selling on ebay seems like it would be a nuisance though, having to send the stuff out and everything. i should really learn how to do that though because the last time i got rid of stuff i just gave it to the thrift shop. i mean, i had some expensive shit that i just gave away. im kind of undecided about how i feel about that though. if some single mom or something who never buys anything nice for herself were to come upon one of the coats at a thriftshop and get it for cheap then i would be happy. but what if some jerk buys it instead and i see them walking around town in it? then i would be pissed.

anyway. i bought the coat! we'll see what i think of it. im sure the colour will look dreadful on me. i agree that it could look frumpy but there are little things that make it stand out as stylish, like, as i mentioned, the collar, the dropped waist, the three quarter sleeves. marni coats in person are always impeccable, and just look really expensive. i assume that coat was from around the same time as the pictures below and i think that's sort of the style it fits in with. i cannot tell you how much i love pre 2007 marni, more than anything else in life. and not because i think it's pretty or stylish or chic or sophisticated or anything like that, it invokes in me this feeling of longing for some time and place that i feel i know somehow, vaguely, but cant identify.

1597381343822.png

1597381119066.png

1597380845292.png

^ i had this coat years ago but i gave it away, probably the biggest regret of my life. i was actually on ebay specifically to look for this coat. they didnt have it but they did have the one below, which ive always wanted, though its not in the best condition. but, again, it's cheap, so i might just buy it. i have a thing for olive green leather.

1597381006767.png

Attachments

• 1597380973312.png
    1597380973312.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 0
Waiting to hear from you
I fritter away time
Maybe I should do the dishes
Make my life sublime
You're here with me
As much as you can be
After I bathe
I'll write you another line

Last edited:
Super stoked about the material issue documentary which covers the bands story and Jim’s suicide as well as the Chicago power pop scene in the early nineties. Has people like Steve albini commenting and footage from the international pop overthrows festivals named for material issues first album. Says it’s in post and should be out in 2021

good job, pep! selling on ebay seems like it would be a nuisance though, having to send the stuff out and everything. i should really learn how to do that though because the last time i got rid of stuff i just gave it to the thrift shop. i mean, i had some expensive shit that i just gave away. im kind of undecided about how i feel about that though. if some single mom or something who never buys anything nice for herself were to come upon one of the coats at a thriftshop and get it for cheap then i would be happy. but what if some jerk buys it instead and i see them walking around town in it? then i would be pissed.

anyway. i bought the coat! we'll see what i think of it. im sure the colour will look dreadful on me. i agree that it could look frumpy but there are little things that make it stand out as stylish, like, as i mentioned, the collar, the dropped waist, the three quarter sleeves. marni coats in person are always impeccable, and just look really expensive. i assume that coat was from around the same time as the pictures below and i think that's sort of the style it fits in with. i cannot tell you how much i love pre 2007 marni, more than anything else in life. and not because i think it's pretty or stylish or chic or sophisticated or anything like that, it invokes in me this feeling of longing for some time and place that i feel i know somehow, vaguely, but cant identify.

View attachment 58392
View attachment 58391
View attachment 58388
^ i had this coat years ago but i gave it away, probably the biggest regret of my life. i was actually on ebay specifically to look for this coat. they didnt have it but they did have the one below, which ive always wanted, though its not in the best condition. but, again, it's cheap, so i might just buy it. i have a thing for olive green leather.

View attachment 58390
Three levels of Getting Rid of Stuff: 1. The sellable (eg eBay) 2. The low value but still useful to somebody (charity) 3. The bin
Very laudable, giving away your expensive stuff like that, but personally I couldn't afford to pass up the dosh!

Wow, those are some fancy coats. Is the black one - he one you had - kind of zippy? It's hard to see the detail and I can't seem to enlarge. Are those sleeves 3/4, or has she just rolled them up? You can see how much I need help with this stuff. :lbf:
Yeah, olive green leather is somehow very retro and very cool. And I say this as someone who looks dreadful in olive green.

What will you wear your new coat with? And will you finally invest in a cheap phone so you can post a pic of you in it?

what about shipping though pep pep? how do you save money buying on ebay when the cost of shipping is often really expensive?
Don't know about there, but here it's usually £3-£4. A bit more if it's shoes. But I'm usually buying from ordinary folk clearing out their wardrobes, not commercial sellers, so maybe that's different. And when you're selling, the buyer pays the postage so it's all profit, apart from the eBay fees which don't amount to that much. It's a bit of a palarva, yes, packing the stuff up and taking it to the post office, but if you do a few things at once you can make a nice tidy sum so it feels worth the effort.

What I wrote today:

So Chris put the moves on me, and I decided I may as well use him like a dildo. It went like that for about a month. I’d started a women’s employment program, and one day after school, I was feeling lost and down. Chris called, and asked how I was doing. I answered that he wouldn’t understand, but he said “Try me!”, so I blurted out what seemed to me to be gobbledygook. Much to my surprise, his response showed me that he’d understood, and I was so impressed, that I suddenly fell completely in love with him. He was now much more than a dildo to me.

To be continued…

I first met Chris 8 years prior to falling instantly in love with him. He’d only ever been Charlie’s friend, as everyone was, Charlie’s friend, and not mine, with little exception. Suddenly, Chris was a compassionate Jesus figure in my mind, and the center of the universe. Of course the compassion had only been a crumb Chris threw my way in passing, and those crumbs would be few and far between in future, it would turn out.

The more in love I was, with the projected image on Chris, the nastier he became. It would take 5 years of him chipping away at the image I maintained, for it to finally be eroded enough that I would see through it, to the man underneath, who was mean. He started telling me about feminism he’d been studying at university, and that I was getting duped by patriarchy. I knew that Charlie was likely with his other woman in Montreal,… Victoria, whom I liked. She was a beautiful virgin, who worked in a record shop, and took a broadcasting course at one of the universities.

The way I found out about Victoria, was when Charlie had come over to my apartment and told me that he’d met his “dream girl”. He said he’d been looking at records in a shop, and another day, when he was barreling down the Park Avenue (Avenue Parc) sidewalk, she blocked his way deliberately. This was when I was celibate, but I’d believed, in my fantastical head, that Charlie intended to get himself clean from hashish and adopt kids with me, and live wholesomely like The Waltons on TV.

As he was telling me about having gone to Swiss Chalet and bonded with Victoria over chicken dinners, I was thinking to myself “In his mind, we’re just friends!”, and when he left, I felt my world had lost its gravity, and though I’d been raw vegan for over two months without feeling any cravings, suddenly I reached for the phone and called for a meat submarine and pizza. For months I gorged.

When I first met Victoria, she’d come to Charlie’s apartment during a time Charlie and I were officially platonic. I was at his place doing my shift, selling hashish for Charlie. Charlie and Victoria were at the door, and she, like Charlie, was wearing a black motorcycle jacket, and she had long black ringlets. My first reaction was to feel protective of Charlie, because she looked slick to me. When she left, he told me that she was a virgin, a student, and from New Jersey.

The next time I saw Victoria, we were both walking down Hutcheson street, and I started to run because I was late for a shift. She raced me! I don’t remember who got there first, but I recall she was wearing a sweater and looked like a clean living, studious person that time. When I was alone in Charlie’s apartment, I noticed the smell of perfume emanating from the Charlie’s bed. I sniffed at it, and developed an obsessive desire to wear that perfume myself. It was called Lauren, by Ralph Lauren. They don’t make it anymore.

Charlie couldn’t keep his hands off me for long though. Weeks after meeting his “dream girl”, he was having sex with me. At one point, he bought her a bicycle, and teased me that he might buy me one too. He did, from Canadian Tire, the one I broke my leg on. It had steel wheels, which don’t brake well in the rain, and it had shitty brakes on top of that. At another point, I remember walking in on Victoria kneeling before Charlie, entertaining him somehow. I was envious, thinking to myself how lucky Charlie was to have such a sweet girl devoted to him. She’d bought him a book. Midsummer Night’s Dream, I think.

Another time, Charlie called Victoria and invited her to come over to his place. She came, but she hadn’t been told I’d be there. She walked straight from the front door, through the apartment, to the back door, and kept going down the alley homebound, without saying a word. One of the times I saw Victoria, Charlie had been away, and called me as soon as he got back. We were cuddling in the bed in his van for some reason, not his apartment, and Victoria came through the mist, peered in through the windshield, and kept going down Hutcheson street toward her apartment.

After I fell for Chris, I lusted after him like a slimy slug. I would ride my bicycle out to Port Coquitlam from New Westminister often, being whatever his whim asked for. A delivery service for beer, Oh Henry chocolate bars, frozen personal size pizzas, or sex. Eventually he would use me as pest control, to drive out Charlie and his new girlfriend Catherine out of his apartment, repeatedly. One thing I am thankful for, is that his friend Ken introduced me to The Smiths, and Morrissey. The music.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom