Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

thanks pep!!! im Gatwick, not as glamorous, I think.
as I told lanterns ill be going to London city tomorrow. funny that you should ask, ive been researching the oystercard/travelcard thing just now, and I THINK I've got it figured out. I think what ill want is a pay as you go oystercard, because I can use it anytime, as opposed to a seven day travelcard which I have to use all in a row, I think. is that right? you know, the oystercard system is hard to understand! last time I was in London I asked for one at the underground and the surly guard just handed me one without explaining anything about how to use it, so I just used it and it worked, but at least now I think i understand how it works.
I don't know what ill do first, it's all so exciting! maybe the tower of London because I have a friend back in Victoria who wanted to go there, cause she likes anne boleyn or whoever, so I hope I can find something there to send her, even though it's expensive to send things to Canada. I felt absolutely nothing about coming here, not even on the plane, until I was actually here. I don't even think ill mind staying in hostels, which I was dreading, now that im here. but ill still have to see about that... eddy's excited too. he's even got his leather jacket on to impress the chicks.
did you have a good new years eve, pep?!
Yeah, you are actually in West Sussex and not (yet) London - just to be pedantic :D And you're right, the Oystercard vs. Travelcard seems totally confusing, I haven't been to London for years so I'm not the best person to advise on the difference, but it'll save you a load of money either way.

I looove the Tower of London, to me it's one of those famous landmarks that doesn't disappoint - it's just crackling with historic atmosphere, and the fact that it's right beside the river somehow just amplifies it. You really get a sense of 'all those who have been here before me'. I really wanted to go in 2014 when they had that amazing art installation to commemorate the centenary of the 1st World War - over 800,000 ceramic poppies, each one representing a fallen British soldier, arranged to look like rivers of blood pouring out of the Tower https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london/history-and-stories/tower-of-london-remembers/ I was too ill to make the journey at the time, but my brother's wife went and said it was stunning. Yeah, I totally get the Anne Boleyn thing, that whole period is definitely sizzling with intrigue and terrific stories.

Glad Eddy is up for it! Are we going to see lots of pics of him working it for the camera in famous landmarks? Are you planning a trip to Manchester to stalk Mozzer? And how are you planning to attract Neil's attention? We need to know these things.

I hate new year - it actually, properly freaks me out - and deal with it by trying to pretend it's not happening. So I watched pre-recorded stuff on TV, ate turkey curry (having already finished the turkey soup) and went to bed early. Now it's Jan 1 and I feel great since it's out of the way for another year :) Were you kept awake in your hotel by boozy revellers?

Hope you find a nice hostel, keep us posted with all the updates!

Last edited:
im in london!!!! take that bhops!

okay, what now, guys?! when do I get to see neil?! :lbf:

shit, that was a looooooonnggg f***ing journey. I slept maybe an hour and a half the night before, on account of the fact that I had to get up at four which is normally when i go to bed. had to take a 4/12 hour plane ride to Toronto on the smallest most cramped plane ever with a bunch of seedy looking Toronto people. I didn't know this before but there is a HUGE difference between the way Toronto people look from the way Vancouver people look. on an individual basis it might not be so jarring, but the crowd in the waiting area of the airport for the plane to Toronto was unlike any I had ever been in. everyone looked slightly rough and gritty and like they've never washed their faces. westcoasters do not look like that, they look healthy and glowing and like they do yoga and have good skin care regimens. I was a little uncomfortable and displayed my discomfort by contorting my lips into a mix of a pout and a sneer. then I had a five hour layover in Toronto, and then a seven and a half hour plane ride to London, on a much better, more comfortable plane and there was a nice lady beside me that I talked to about travelling and places to go. and the customs process at London seems to have changed, it was so smooth compared to previous times. you don't have to fill out those cards where you have to lie about what you do for a living, and they no longer ask you a million intrusive questions at passport control. the guy just looked at my passport did something on his computer and said "thanks robyn", and that was it.

now im sitting with eddy in an airport hotel where I just got a MUCH NEEDED 8 hour sleep (hopefully ill still be able to sleep tonight, so that I wont be running on Vancouver time), and it's new years, and im about to play a rousing game of mah-jong. eddys excited, he's never been to London before! he was complimented at the airport security in Vancouver too. the guy opened my bag and there was eddy lying there taking up all the room, and the guy said "this is very nice". eddy did not jump up and say "you're damn right I am, bitch!", because I made it clear to him that you have to behave in airports. it got a bit weird when the guy then began telling me about a doll he had when he was three that he loved and lost. well, anyway, it's a better than a finger down the rear cleavage, that's what I always say!

anyway, im excited. finally, I feel something about all of this. I was sad to leave my nice room and what turned out to be the comfiest bed ever in Vancouver but Im happy to be here now. the air feels different here, it really does. I prefer the air here. the tap waters kinda gross though.
Oooobhh well done! London is of course these days a shit hole. LOL I think you should go to Bulgaria or at least Sweden to see Urbs and 12. How exciting for you.

Oooobhh well done! London is of course these days a shit hole. LOL I think you should go to Bulgaria or at least Sweden to see Urbs and 12. How exciting for you.
Oh go away then, negative nelly. I wouldn't go to Sweden to visit urbanus. I wouldn't even say hi to him, or excuse me to him, if I happened to bump into him on the street of Sweden where I would naturally be to visit bun bun, so don't get his hopes up by even suggesting my visiting him or we'll have him threatening to off himself for the 1001th time when it doesn't happen.

Yeah, you are actually in West Sussex and not (yet) London - just to be pedantic :D And you're right, the Oystercard vs. Travelcard seems totally confusing, I haven't been to London for years so I'm not the best person to advise on the difference, but it'll save you a load of money either way.

I looove the Tower of London, to me it's one of those famous landmarks that doesn't disappoint - it's just crackling with historic atmosphere, and the fact that it's right beside the river somehow just amplifies it. You really get a sense of 'all those who have been here before me'. I really wanted to go in 2014 when they had that amazing art installation to commemorate the centenary of the 1st World War - over 800,000 ceramic poppies, each one representing a fallen British soldier, arranged to look like rivers of blood pouring out of the Tower https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london/history-and-stories/tower-of-london-remembers/ I was too ill to make the journey at the time, but my brother's wife went and said it was stunning. Yeah, I totally get the Anne Boleyn thing, that whole period is definitely sizzling with intrigue and terrific stories.

Glad Eddy is up for it! Are we going to see lots of pics of him working it for the camera in famous landmarks? Are you planning a trip to Manchester to stalk Mozzer? And how are you planning to attract Neil's attention? We need to know these things.

I hate new year - it actually, properly freaks me out - and deal with it by trying to pretend it's not happening. So I watched pre-recorded stuff on TV, ate turkey curry (having already finished the turkey soup) and went to bed early. Now it's Jan 1 and I feel great since it's out of the way for another year :) Were you kept awake in your hotel by boozy revellers?

Hope you find a nice hostel, keep us posted with all the updates!
what, this isn't London?! I was wondering why there was nothing going on. I knew London had to be more than a few shitty hotels and a gas station :D
well, you know, pep, it's CLOSE ENOUGH that im calling it London. I don't even know what west sussex is!

the tower of London is expensive thoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. but you're right, I have to go! it's gonna be totally worth it. and there are soooooo many superb free museums that I can hardly complain about it's admission price. the poppy display looks amazing (and sad). sorry you weren't able to go! :( I don't really know much about anne Boleyn to be honest. I guess, ill learn about it when I go there (or should I read about it beforehand?)

I don't have a camera otherwise you WOULD see pictures of eddy! (maybe I should get one?). although I think eddy might like to do his own thing, when im at museums. think he has his mind set on cruising for chicks (his usual pastime) rather than hanging out with his old mom. I don't know if ill go to Manchester. money is tight, and there doesn't seem to be any decent inexpensive places to stay. and for the same cost I could go to Barcelona or somewhere like that. besides, there's no guarantee moz will even be there. well first, I have to FIND neil to attract his attention. once I find him, ill let you know!

why do you hate new year? no, I was not kept awake, thankfully! I mean I was up anyway (playing mahjongg!). I don't think boozy revellers tend to go to crummy airport hotels. also this hotel is very soundproof, which is the one good thing about it.

London bye ta-ta
Strange young town
London bye ta-ta
brought me down
Don't like your new face
that's not nice
Got to go far, far
London bye ta-ta

Enjoy ! :)

what, this isn't London?! I was wondering why there was nothing going on. I knew London had to be more than a few shitty hotels and a gas station :D
well, you know, pep, it's CLOSE ENOUGH that im calling it London. I don't even know what west sussex is!

the tower of London is expensive thoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. but you're right, I have to go! it's gonna be totally worth it. and there are soooooo many superb free museums that I can hardly complain about it's admission price. the poppy display looks amazing (and sad). sorry you weren't able to go! :( I don't really know much about anne Boleyn to be honest. I guess, ill learn about it when I go there (or should I read about it beforehand?)

I don't have a camera otherwise you WOULD see pictures of eddy! (maybe I should get one?). although I think eddy might like to do his own thing, when im at museums. think he has his mind set on cruising for chicks (his usual pastime) rather than hanging out with his old mom. I don't know if ill go to Manchester. money is tight, and there doesn't seem to be any decent inexpensive places to stay. and for the same cost I could go to Barcelona or somewhere like that. besides, there's no guarantee moz will even be there. well first, I have to FIND neil to attract his attention. once I find him, ill let you know!

why do you hate new year? no, I was not kept awake, thankfully! I mean I was up anyway (playing mahjongg!). I don't think boozy revellers tend to go to crummy airport hotels. also this hotel is very soundproof, which is the one good thing about it.

Yeah, my memory of it is that it was really expensive, and that was years ago. But worth it, if only for the connection with this:

Anne Boleyn was a feisty chick and is the reason why we have the Church of England (Henry VIII invented it so he could divorce Catherine of Aragon and marry her instead). Anne refused to be a concubine and held out for Henry to 'put a ring on it'. But then she couldn't give him a son (although she did produce the future Queen Liz I) and he wanted shot of her, so there were all sorts of trumped-up charges thrown around of her shagging other men - including her own brother - and she was beheaded at the Tower of London (although Henry took pity on her and made sure she had a sword, rather than an axe, to do the job, which was nice). It's a fantastically colourful period in our national history, dripping with blood and intrigue and skullduggery and great clothes but I guess it might not mean as much if you're not a native. Or just not that into history.

Yes, get a camera! If you can find the money, that is. We want to see what you're up to on this great adventure. Plus, what if you bump into Neil and you have no record of it? Or if you happen to be hanging around Harvey Nicks and see Moz - but cannot ask for a selfie? How tragic would that be? Oh, right, so it's a choice of either Manchester or Barcelona? Tough call...

Not sure why I hate new year, but it feels portentous and doom-laden and I get really stressed about it. Probably my age and the thought of my own impending mortality :lbf:

Last edited:
Yeah, my memory of it is that it was really expensive, and that was years ago. But worth it, if only for the connection with this:

Anne Boleyn was a feisty chick and is the reason why we have the Church of England (Henry VIII invented it so he could divorce Catherine of Aragon and marry her instead). Anne refused to be a concubine and held out for Henry to 'put a ring on it'. But then she couldn't give him a son (although she did produce the future Queen Liz I) and he wanted shot of her, so there were all sorts of trumped-up charges thrown around of her shagging other men - including her own brother - and she was beheaded at the Tower of London (although Henry took pity on her and made sure she had a sword, rather than an axe, to do the job, which was nice). It's a fantastically colourful period in our national history, dripping with blood and intrigue and skullduggery and great clothes but I guess it might not mean as much if you're not a native. Or just not that into history.

Yes, get a camera! If you can find the money, that is. We want to see what you're up to on this great adventure. Plus, what if you bump into Neil and you have no record of it? Or if you happen to be hanging around Harvey Nicks and see Moz - but cannot ask for a selfie? How tragic would that be? Oh, right, so it's a choice of either Manchester or Barcelona? Tough call...

Not sure why I hate new year, but it feels portentous and doom-laden and I get really stressed about it. Probably my age and the thought of my own impending mortality :lbf:

haha I love sherlock! and a feisty chick is a great way to describe anne Boleyn :D well, thanks for the history lesson! now I don't need to read up on it! that henry VIII, what a cad. I do like history, pep! well, that is, I don't really know all the details of history, but I like being in historic places, particularly historic English places (the replica of anne hathaways cottage used to be my favourite place to go in Victoria :D ). it is my history too, since I am of English ancestry, though I suppose I don't feel as direct a connection to it as natives do.

if I bump into neil im gonna want more than a picture! im gonna ask for a lock of his hair to put under my pillow at night! :cool: :o and if I see moz (probably wont be hanging around Harvey nicks though, a street urchin like me), well naturally we'll hit it off famously and become life long buddies and I wont need a selfie to remember that time I was in his presence for a few seconds. do disposable phones have cameras? can I get the internet on them too? i'd really like to take pictures of eddy around town, I don't care how funny it looks a grown up with a bear.

is it a tough call, or were you being sarcastic?! you know im not that smart, pep!

I guess I understand how you feel about new years. it would probably feel that way to me too, but I simply don't invest much thought into it. it's just a calendar date, means nothing really. there is something strange and a bit unsettling about knowing the whole world is celebrating it though, there's something vaguely sad about the self consciousness of the world contemplating itself and it's destiny and how far we've come and where we're going, im not sure why.

Oh go away then, negative nelly. I wouldn't go to Sweden to visit urbanus. I wouldn't even say hi to him, or excuse me to him, if I happened to bump into him on the street of Sweden where I would naturally be to visit bun bun, so don't get his hopes up by even suggesting my visiting him or we'll have him threatening to off himself for the 1001th time when it doesn't happen.
OK.

It seems she's going to liveblog her trip and give us a step by step run-through of her every movement. I don't know about you, but if I visited somewhere that I had been dreaming about for months, the internet would get left behind and any kind of description or overview of my trip to people online could wait until I get back to my home country. Urbanus did the same thing; sending pictures and telling us all about his holiday in Spain while he was still in Spain. Are they doing it for themselves or so they can be seen by us to be abroad and 'finally living'? They have a lot in common!

haha I love sherlock! and a feisty chick is a great way to describe anne Boleyn :D well, thanks for the history lesson! now I don't need to read up on it! that henry VIII, what a cad. I do like history, pep! well, that is, I don't really know all the details of history, but I like being in historic places, particularly historic English places (the replica of anne hathaways cottage used to be my favourite place to go in Victoria :D ). it is my history too, since I am of English ancestry, though I suppose I don't feel as direct a connection to it as natives do.

if I bump into neil im gonna want more than a picture! im gonna ask for a lock of his hair to put under my pillow at night! :cool: :o and if I see moz (probably wont be hanging around Harvey nicks though, a street urchin like me), well naturally we'll hit it off famously and become life long buddies and I wont need a selfie to remember that time I was in his presence for a few seconds. do disposable phones have cameras? can I get the internet on them too? i'd really like to take pictures of eddy around town, I don't care how funny it looks a grown up with a bear.

is it a tough call, or were you being sarcastic?! you know im not that smart, pep!

I guess I understand how you feel about new years. it would probably feel that way to me too, but I simply don't invest much thought into it. it's just a calendar date, means nothing really. there is something strange and a bit unsettling about knowing the whole world is celebrating it though, there's something vaguely sad about the self consciousness of the world contemplating itself and it's destiny and how far we've come and where we're going, im not sure why.
Whaaaat, Canada has an Anne Hathaway's Cottage replica? Actually, I think I recall you telling me about it. But whyyyyyyy? Especially weird since I used to live literally round the corner from the real one.

Yes, we need pics of Eddy, the Good Looking Bear About Town! I'm pretty sure Eddy would be pissed off if you meet Neil or Moz and he didn't get a picture with them. Not sure I know about disposable phones, is that what they call 'burner phones' that all the crims use on Line of Duty? I'm guessing that's the same as Pay as You Go (instead of contract). Tesco Mobile are pretty good and have PAYG phones from £15 https://www.tescomobile.com/shop/pay-as-you-go I think Amazon have some pretty cheap ones too, and yes, even basic ones usually have cameras, but not all will give you internet (you need a smartphone for that). Presumably you can't do contract? Pity as it's much cheaper... I pay £11.50 a month for my Samsung phone + all calls/texts from Tesco.

Oh, no sarcasm intended, I just meant rainy old Manchester vs buzzing Barcelona would be a no-brainer (for most people). But perhaps not everyone. Morrissey, for instance.

Whaaaat, Canada has an Anne Hathaway's Cottage replica? Actually, I think I recall you telling me about it. But whyyyyyyy? Especially weird since I used to live literally round the corner from the real one.

Yes, we need pics of Eddy, the Good Looking Bear About Town! I'm pretty sure Eddy would be pissed off if you meet Neil or Moz and he didn't get a picture with them. Not sure I know about disposable phones, is that what they call 'burner phones' that all the crims use on Line of Duty? I'm guessing that's the same as Pay as You Go (instead of contract). Tesco Mobile are pretty good and have PAYG phones from £15 https://www.tescomobile.com/shop/pay-as-you-go I think Amazon have some pretty cheap ones too, and yes, even basic ones usually have cameras, but not all will give you internet (you need a smartphone for that). Presumably you can't do contract? Pity as it's much cheaper... I pay £11.50 a month for my Samsung phone + all calls/texts from Tesco.

Oh, no sarcasm intended, I just meant rainy old Manchester vs buzzing Barcelona would be a no-brainer (for most people). But perhaps not everyone. Morrissey, for instance.
pep, what am I doing here?!? I don't wanna be here staying at hostels. hostels are sooooooo awful! what as I thinking?!
im in London now! for real this time. gosh, it's so crowded. and it's true, you hear every language but English. ill be honest, I kind of want to go home. mostly because of the hostel thing. If I had a hotel to stay in, then i'd want to be here. I think im gonna go someplace where I can rent a private room or an apartment for cheap, somewhere in eastern Europe. i guess what it comes down to is that i prefer my own space to the prospect of running into neil or moz. ugh, why did I do this to myself, pep?!??!?!
im here for another thirteen days though, because I paid for thirteen days. shit.

pep, what am I doing here?!? I don't wanna be here staying at hostels. hostels are sooooooo awful! what as I thinking?!
im in London now! for real this time. gosh, it's so crowded. and it's true, you hear every language but English. ill be honest, I kind of want to go home. mostly because of the hostel thing. If I had a hotel to stay in, then i'd want to be here. I think im gonna go someplace where I can rent a private room or an apartment for cheap, somewhere in eastern Europe. i guess what it comes down to is that i prefer my own space to the prospect of running into neil or moz. ugh, why did I do this to myself, pep?!??!?!
im here for another thirteen days though, because I paid for thirteen days. shit.
Ohhh, sorry you're having a horrible time! Maybe it will feel better once you get used to it? Maybe it's just that shock of reality colliding with the thing you've thought about all this time? Perhaps there are other hostels that are more appealing (and less crowded)? Is there no way of getting your money back for the 13 days?

Ohhh, sorry you're having a horrible time! Maybe it will feel better once you get used to it? Maybe it's just that shock of reality colliding with the thing you've thought about all this time? Perhaps there are other hostels that are more appealing (and less crowded)? Is there no way of getting your money back for the 13 days?
no, I knew I hated hostels, I don't know what I was thinking! London is nice though. it makes me sad being here though, when im staying at a hostel, knowing that other people are living here in comfortable homes. I don't think I can get my money back because I already paid. plus it was hell getting here, because I have a stupidly heavy suitcase (my fault) and having to take it up and down all the stairs on the underground is NO FUN AT ALL (lots of people stopped and asked if they could help me when I was struggling though, so that was nice. London people are nice like that), so I don't really anticipate having to do that all over again (might just take a cab to Victoria station next time). the other thing that sucks is that all the museums and attractions close at like four and then it gets dark so early, so what am I supposed to do with myself after five?
I need to be a writer, then I can come here in style. I think im going to exile myself to Romania and Bucharest and write my novel, and then once it's written I can go home, mercifully (although I don't have a home, but at least ill have a job I can go back to).
god, this girl is f***ing sniffling and this guy keeps running his fingers through her hair and they keep whispering. that's what im having to put up with right now. :(

no, I knew I hated hostels, I don't know what I was thinking! London is nice though. it makes me sad being here though, when im staying at a hostel, knowing that other people are living here in comfortable homes. I don't think I can get my money back because I already paid. plus it was hell getting here, because I have a stupidly heavy suitcase (my fault) and having to take it up and down all the stairs on the underground is NO FUN AT ALL (lots of people stopped and asked if they could help me when I was struggling though, so that was nice. London people are nice like that), so I don't really anticipate having to do that all over again (might just take a cab to Victoria station next time). the other thing that sucks is that all the museums and attractions close at like four and then it gets dark so early, so what am I supposed to do with myself after five?
I need to be a writer, then I can come here in style. I think im going to exile myself to Romania and Bucharest and write my novel, and then once it's written I can go home, mercifully (although I don't have a home, but at least ill have a job I can go back to).
god, this girl is f***ing sniffling and this guy keeps running his fingers through her hair and they keep whispering. that's what im having to put up with right now. :(
Okay. Thoughts:

The sniffing girl and the guy sound REALLY annoying. I sympathise.
What part of London are you in? There are still quite a few public libraries which stay open late, where you could kill time AND write.
I would definitely ask if you can get your money back. Say you've had to change your plans. Invent a relative that just died. Anything. (But maybe try and find somewhere better first).

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom