Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

T

Tadashi

The lies that some tell and how the hell do you spell Kristen in hebrew and still get that prononcuation?

LOL

The name comes from christian swedes that moved to america.

DUH fool
I'm not certain he existed but if there was a person called Jesus do you honestly believe he was called "Krist?" All you have to do is search and the names both go to Greek.

Given Name KRISTEN (1)
USAGE: Danish, Norwegian
Meaning & History
Danish and Norwegian form of CHRISTIAN.

Given Name CHRISTIAN

USAGE: English, French, German, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish
PRONOUNCED: KRIS-chən (English), KRISH-chən (English), krees-TYAWN (French), KRIS-tee-ahn (German, Swedish) [key]
Meaning & History
From the medieval Latin name Christianus meaning "a Christian" (see CHRISTOS).

Given Name CHRISTOS
USAGE: Theology
OTHER SCRIPTS: Χριστος (Ancient Greek)
Meaning & History
Means "anointed", derived from Greek χριω (chrio) "to anoint". This was a name applied to Jesus by early Greek-speaking Christians. It is a translation of the Hebrew word מָשִׁיחַ (mashiyach), commonly spelled in English messiah, which also means "anointed".

And Christianity in Sweden has roots that I'm surprised someone proud of a Swedish heritage would want to claim, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tadashi

So you say Kristen means christened

1) I am saying that the name Christian is not an American version of the Swedish name Kristen.
2) I am saying that the name Kristen has roots in common with the name Christian.
3) I am saying that both come from Greek, and that the Greek comes from Hebrew.

While you could say that both Christian and Kristen are versions of each other neither is the origin, so it's misleading. It's completely false that the name Christian in the US comes from Swedish immigrants and the name Kristen. It's more that Kristen is the Nordic version of the Greek Christos.
I don't speak Hebrew or Greek so I'm not sure how a word that sounds like "messiah," מָשִׁיחַ (mashiyach ) "annointed" becomes a word χριω (chrio) "to anoint" except that it's not the sound but the meaning of the word that matters. The two cultures both developed the same concept but used different sounds for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anonymous

I'm not certain he existed but if there was a person called Jesus do you honestly believe he was called "Krist?" All you have to do is search and the names both go to Greek.

Given Name KRISTEN (1)
USAGE: Danish, Norwegian
Meaning & History
Danish and Norwegian form of CHRISTIAN.

Given Name CHRISTIAN

USAGE: English, French, German, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish
PRONOUNCED: KRIS-chən (English), KRISH-chən (English), krees-TYAWN (French), KRIS-tee-ahn (German, Swedish) [key]
Meaning & History
From the medieval Latin name Christianus meaning "a Christian" (see CHRISTOS).

Given Name CHRISTOS
USAGE: Theology
OTHER SCRIPTS: Χριστος (Ancient Greek)
Meaning & History
Means "anointed", derived from Greek χριω (chrio) "to anoint". This was a name applied to Jesus by early Greek-speaking Christians. It is a translation of the Hebrew word מָשִׁיחַ (mashiyach), commonly spelled in English messiah, which also means "anointed".

And Christianity in Sweden has roots that I'm surprised someone proud of a Swedish heritage would want to claim, anyway.
Pagan country and christianity came long after and nicked all celebrations and destroyed all original temples hence the norway church arsons.

Kristen has nothing in common with hebrew at all and you know it but you are one of (((THEM)))

A

Anonymous

1) I am saying that the name Christian is not an American version of the Swedish name Kristen.
2) I am saying that the name Kristen has roots in common with the name Christian.
3) I am saying that both come from Greek, and that the Greek comes from Hebrew.

While you could say that both Christian and Kristen are versions of each other neither is the origin, so it's misleading. It's completely false that the name Christian in the US comes from Swedish immigrants and the name Kristen. It's more that Kristen is the Nordic version of the Greek Christos.
I don't speak Hebrew or Greek so I'm not sure how a word that sounds like "messiah," מָשִׁיחַ (mashiyach ) "annointed" becomes a word χριω (chrio) "to anoint" except that it's not the sound but the meaning of the word that matters. The two cultures both developed the same concept but used different sounds for it.
Kristen is a swedish male name for christian but the feminine spelling meant stupid ass americans started to name their daughters a male name.

LOL

Eat your corn!

A

Anonymous

For the life of me I cannot see City finishing this season without a trophy and so they really must beat Arsenal and Chelsea at Wembley or else it is failure on a scale we've never seen before in world football.
OMG

How many league trophies have City not won since Fergie retired?

Didn't they say they were gonna dominate the world for centuries?

No trophy at all for Pep Guardiola is like armageddonesque.

A

Anonymous

Kristen is a swedish male name for christian but the feminine spelling meant stupid ass americans started to name their daughters a male name.

LOL

Eat your corn!
They can use the name as they like, because they don't live in Sweden. Besides, the change of gender in the use of names is very common.
In Spanish speaking countries a lot of men have the name María (Mary), like "José María", "Carlos María". The same happens with the name René (reborn), in some places it is used for women, instead of Renée which is generally used as the feminine in French.
If you think about it twice, there shouldn't exist feminine and masculine names. That's sexist. It limits personal freedom.

T

Tadashi

Pagan country and christianity came long after and nicked all celebrations and destroyed all original temples hence the norway church arsons.

Kristen has nothing in common with hebrew at all and you know it but you are one of (((THEM)))
Yes, I know about the church burnings and Varg Vikernes. That's why I thought it was a strange name to claim as Swedish.
What is the meaning of the name Kristen according to you and how did it originate in Sweden?

A

Anonymous

Yes, I know about the church burnings and Varg Vikernes. That's why I thought it was a strange name to claim as Swedish.
What is the meaning of the name Kristen according to you and how did it originate in Sweden?
Nordic male name used by swedes that ended up in USA who named their daughters Kristen which is swedish for christian.

Varg Vikernes is our leader and the war starts soon in France where he lives!

A

Anonymous

Operation Gotham Shield is under way in NYC right now. Authorities are training on a possible large scale attack that may involve radioactive materials.

The day before the Stockholm attack swedish authorities also trained for a possible attack.

T

Taco Tuesday

Shawn Barber, a pole vault world champion and a Canadian Olympian, came out as gay in a post to Facebook on Monday morning.

Quando quando quando

"It's the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. "

Sounds like Donald Trump's presidency.
"I lie a lot. It can be really helpful". Morrissey in His Own Words. :)
So, in fact he was being honest and not lying at all but speaking the truth.
Or he lied about he was lying, meaning he speaks the truth. That he is lying.
Is it even possible to say you lie ALWAYS and if it is, is it true? Well it least once, at the moment you were saying it. :confused:
All semantics, I know.

Quando quando quando

Just found out my colleague/friend betrayed my confidence. Nothing serious. But still. :(
That sucks.
Did you ask him or her about why he or she did it?
Anyway, by stating "nothing serious" it suggest a bit you were not that surprised and maybe, in a way expecting it more or less. Maybe not from the person it is about but in general, from people.
I can understand that.
But still, indeed.
I hope you are okay.

L

Liar

"I lie a lot. It can be really helpful". Morrissey in His Own Words. :)
So, in fact he was being honest and not lying at all but speaking the truth.
Or he lied about he was lying, meaning he speaks the truth. That he is lying.
Is it even possible to say you lie ALWAYS and if it is, is it true? Well it least once, at the moment you were saying it. :confused:
All semantics, I know.
The name Morrissey comes from Hebrew and was originally written " שַׁקרָן."

Quando quando quando

The name Morrissey comes from Hebrew and was originally written " שַׁקרָן."
Interesting.
1. What does the name mean when you translate it from Hebrew into English? Or was it an existing name of a person?
2. In case it is just a name, and descends from an Irish familyname, what has it got to do with lying or truth?

Ketamine Sun

SCROLL & DESTROY
Interesting.
1. What does the name mean when you translate it from Hebrew into English? Or was it an existing name of a person?
2. In case it is just a name, and descends from an Irish familyname, what has it got to do with lying or truth?
translation it means 'fibber' or 'liar'.

'CH: Have you told many fibs today?

M:

I lie a lot - it's really useful
- but everything I've said today has been the whole truth and nothing but the truth. So help me... er... Trevor...

Interview by Chris Heath, Star Hits (1987)

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Top Bottom