Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

My mother made irish coffee on special occasions and had the right glasses for them too. I can almost feel the smell of it and when I do I hear Johnny Cash cause her best mates husband worked in Canada and USA and I remember him returning once with a magnum bottle of whiskey that is still the largest I have seen. Somehow he convinced the men at the customs to allow him to bring it into Sweden free of charge.

Now you lovebirds can get on with it while I grow a Hitler tash.

Irish coffee is the best when you have been outside in the cold, the snow and you go indoors and sitting by the fire, hungry and cold starting to defrost yourself and have an Irish coffee and getting warm again.
Is it true that it tastes best with Tullamore Dew?
I always liked that brand.

Irish coffee is the best when you have been outside in the cold, the snow and you go indoors and sitting by the fire, hungry and cold starting to defrost yourself and have an Irish coffee and getting warm again.
Is it true that it tastes best with Tullamore Dew?
I always liked that brand.
and those big soft pretzels! they go with everything!

You are already supplying trailers now!
I like your ideas.
Could be even a film script!
Go on, tease me. :D

If I ever wrote a novel I would write one about someone not doing anything with their life cause I doubt anyone has written something like that. That in itself would be a great challenge in a world obsessed with doing too many things at the same time.

Why do gamblers never smile and why can't they spend all that money on worthwhile things instead of standing alone looking sad handing in a coupon that will never make their lives better?

It seems to me that people that gamble dream of winning loads of money that will change their life but these people that do gamble would not be able to change their lives if they won cause their problem is not money but an inner void that can never be filled no matter how much money they win.

Lack of love and a troubled past is what turn people to gambling and it is so easy to see and it is beyond sad and these people never count their losses only the small winnings.

Gone are the days when people worked hard to change their life or had some skill that generated money. The sadness of those people standing in line like slaves handing in hope and only getting emptiness in return. They've all been fooled to believe in something that is less likely to happen than a comet hitting them on the head.

Why do gamblers never smile and why can't they spend all that money on worthwhile things instead of standing alone looking sad handing in a coupon that will never make their lives better?

It seems to me that people that gamble dream of winning loads of money that will change their life but these people that do gamble would not be able to change their lives if they won cause their problem is not money but an inner void that can never be filled no matter how much money they win.

Lack of love and a troubled past is what turn people to gambling and it is so easy to see and it is beyond sad and these people never count their losses only the small winnings.

Gone are the days when people worked hard to change their life or had some skill that generated money. The sadness of those people standing in line like slaves handing in hope and only getting emptiness in return. They've all been fooled to believe in something that is less likely to happen than a comet hitting them on the head.

Very interesting thoughts.
I've read a theory it is not about the money itself that make people addicted gamblers.
That it is an unconscious, inner strategy to receive something as a compensation for not receiving love.
That it derives from their early childhood years, for not receiving motherly love.
Nothing is for free in this world, the only thing that is, is motherly love. If it is there.
If, for whatever reasons, that nobody can really be blamed for, a natural bond between mother and child has been disturbed, people will try to find it in later years as a substitute by gambling. And will go on with that cause it is a disappointing, very temporary reward and does not make up for what they really need.
I am not an expert on these issues but it seems an insightful theory.

I've read a theory it is not about the money itself that make people addicted gamblers.
That it is an unconscious, inner strategy to receive something as a compensation for not receiving love.
That it derives from their early childhood years, for not receiving motherly love.
Nothing is for free in this world, the only thing that is, is motherly love. If it is there.
If, for whatever reasons, that nobody can really be blamed for, a natural bond between mother and child has been disturbed, people will try to find it in later years as a substitute by gambling. And will go on with that cause it is a disappointing, very temporary reward and does not make up for what they really need.

Yeah, and you just summed up what I said in the first place. Those that did win rarely managed to handle all that money and many now live a life in debt.

What concerns me more is how we live in a time where people are looking for a shortcut way to get all the things they want. No doubt media plays a part in showing more famous and wealthy people than ever before and many people think that is happiness and the purpose of life.

At the same time the betting companies and even some state run ones are hypocrites who pretend to care about people that are addicted to betting. Even our home address is part of this betting and gambling world which of course forces some to waste money on it in fear of missing out should lady Fortuna strike.

Betting and gambling is a very lonely and sad world that promises loads but rarely or never delivers and it makes people lazy and stupid at the same time.

People who claim to live life seem to have this need to sort of convince themselves and also convince others that their life is great and when you do life is not great at all. Not as if anyone cares.

Today my dad who is 83 showed me a letter from a woman he met in Italy in the 50's. She had written it in german as she was a teacher in german and french.

My dad had gone to Italy for 3 months in the late 50's cause the steelworks he worked at was being rebuilt. He met this woman living in Monza near Milano but according to him her family originated from Naples.

I understood most of it and used google translate for the rest of it cause dad had obviously had it translated way back by someone and I wanted to translate it again for him. Simply amazing to have a letter written in 1959 where she describes her life and feelings for my dad.

This letter gave me so many answers as to why dad has been the way he's been in life. His dreams of a life somewhere else where the grass is greener. I now realise this woman was always at the back of his mind. An opportunity that could have been that leaves a lot of questions.

In the letter she asks him if he is truly happy and why or if he is hesitating. She had his photo and whenever she was down she looked into his eyes and felt much happier again. The death of her father made her stay at home more and it is obvious she was hoping and wishing for a new life with a man.

Reading it gave me mixed feelings. I felt glad to get confirmation of dad having spent a lot of time in Italy when young but I also felt incredibly sorry for this woman and him for having met and obviously falling in love and then it came to nothing. Instead he met my mother years later and the end result was me.

It felt weird and amazing to hold a letter from the 50's filled with so much love and hope for a better future and I feel like I wanna know what happened to her. With the letter she sent two pictures taken in a Monza studio and of course she looks like some moviestar like people tend to do in those old pictures from that time.

I will read the letter for dad again from his italian admirer that suddenly made me understand a large part of what shaped my dad and explains why he's been the way he's been.

Today my dad who is 83 showed me a letter from a woman he met in Italy in the 50's. She had written it in german as she was a teacher in german and french.

My dad had gone to Italy for 3 months in the late 50's cause the steelworks he worked at was being rebuilt. He met this woman living in Monza near Milano but according to him her family originated from Naples.

I understood most of it and used google translate for the rest of it cause dad had obviously had it translated way back by someone and I wanted to translate it again for him. Simply amazing to have a letter written in 1959 where she describes her life and feelings for my dad.

This letter gave me so many answers as to why dad has been the way he's been in life. His dreams of a life somewhere else where the grass is greener. I now realise this woman was always at the back of his mind. An opportunity that could have been that leaves a lot of questions.

In the letter she asks him if he is truly happy and why or if he is hesitating. She had his photo and whenever she was down she looked into his eyes and felt much happier again. The death of her father made her stay at home more and it is obvious she was hoping and wishing for a new life with a man.

Reading it gave me mixed feelings. I felt glad to get confirmation of dad having spent a lot of time in Italy when young but I also felt incredibly sorry for this woman and him for having met and obviously falling in love and then it came to nothing. Instead he met my mother years later and the end result was me.

It felt weird and amazing to hold a letter from the 50's filled with so much love and hope for a better future and I feel like I wanna know what happened to her. With the letter she sent two pictures taken in a Monza studio and of course she looks like some moviestar like people tend to do in those old pictures from that time.

I will read the letter for dad again from his italian admirer that suddenly made me understand a large part of what shaped my dad and explains why he's been the way he's been.

Thank you for sharing. I feel for the lady. I too love someone who is married with a family and am forced to let go but we never can let go when we truly love someone (or think we do). I've loved her since I was at least 11 years old and yes, you can love someone that young in my opinion or at least I CAN/COULD. She is everything I've ever wanted and I know this because I still feel the same way about her 30 years later. It is kind of strange because I also feel that really, I don't know who she is anymore but also, I do, at least, I think I do. It's sad, really, but I do cope. We are in touch but I don't dare push it, otherwise I'm afraid I'll lose the friendship but in the back of my mind, I'm hoping. Even if she's 72 I will still love her, I'm hoping and it's my only mistake.

Thank you for sharing. I feel for the lady. I too love someone who is married with a family and am forced to let go but we never can let go when we truly love someone (or think we do). I've loved her since I was at least 11 years old and yes, you can love someone that young in my opinion or at least I CAN/COULD. She is everything I've ever wanted and I know this because I still feel the same way about her 30 years later. It is kind of strange because I also feel that really, I don't know who she is anymore but also, I do, at least, I think I do. It's sad, really, but I do cope. We are in touch but I don't dare push it, otherwise I'm afraid I'll lose the friendship but in the back of my mind, I'm hoping. Even if she's 72 I will still love her, I'm hoping and it's my only mistake.

How sad it must be but to me it is a great and moving story and as I am a hopelessly, incurable romantic that wants to believe in hope and love I will do so until I close my eyes forever.
You are alone, but not quite so.
Thanks for your honest and open post!
Cheers! :thumb:

Last edited:

Yeah, I felt for her and today I told dad what she had written as I am sure by now he had forgot most of it. I told him that he truly had an italian admirer and we both laughed and I told him that whatever choices we make we will end up having joy and setbacks and that some adventures in life leads us to end up having the life we eventually got.

I told him I do understand him now and what he carried inside of him and it was clear he felt relieved taking in what I told him. He now viewed it as what it was, a 3 month adventure and fling that probably made him learn more about himself.

The letter for me just represents the eternal search inside of every human being for love and hope and I truly wish she had a great life with someone that loved her.

I notice what you say about thinking that you know someone cause it is very human to place a lot of hope and desire in another person and think they will "fix" you. Making mistakes is what life is about and we learn from them and if you never made any mistake in life you never even tried.

Last edited:
Interesting way of looking at this, deffinitly sum truth in what u both say.

But I do feel however that you have over simlplified the situation sum what, gambling, is like any other addiction, highly complex in nature which can sumtimes require a great deal of understanding and sensitive care ect 2 help the addict with there addiction, its not there fault they cant help doing what they doing, they have an overwhelming compulsion and can feel exstreme emotions ect if they cant continue, and will oftern continue theere battle againist there better judgement, untill they themselves look deep within themselves and or are helped by others 2 understand why it is that they are doing what there doing -- then they will be set free ! !!!!!!!

Theres little point in treating the symtoms, you need 2 address the underlying cause and reasons and treat the whole.

But I like a little bit of a flutter now n then, I like 2 bet on boxing events, tennis, big brother, the vioce ect, and im extremely successful at it, I boast aprox a 97.4 % strike rate, I very rarely loose, the bookies may take most people for a ride, but not me, its quite easy 2 predict the winner of such things.!!!!!!!

But I dont fully understand, only half way, why someone would stand at one of those roulette betting machines throwing in one pound coin after another,, 100s of pounds within a matter of minutes, it seems complete madness 2 me, however 2 the addict, all time disapears and the only thing that matters is playing the machine, the machine is highly colourful with mesmerizing visuals and has really pleasing sound affects ect designed 2 keep the addict addicted.

The ironic thing, is that the more they win, the more compelled they are 2 play, eventually u loose, the machine is programed 2 win and make you loose, unless of course your clever enough 2 out smart theses machine as I am, once you win a certain amount and then it starts 2 make you loose, you will notice it doing this ----- WALK AWAY and come back another day.

I dont nessacerilly agrea in full with the idea that people bet and gamble because they are lonley and are trying 2 fill a hole in there lives and use gambling as a means of compensation for not recieveing or feeling loved ect in fact ofetn its the opposite !!!!!!!

I see nothing wrong in playing the lottery in the hope of someone without a penny 2 live on, living in the gutter becoming a millionaire some one will win and why cant it be you ? ,
Never loose hope of ones dreams, but be careful they can oftern come true !!!!!!! :)

Take care everyone Im off now 2 check on the odds of the voice , pretty sure I have the winner well sussed out !!!!!!! :)

You've certainly outsmarted the English language. You have a 97.634% chance of rendering it completely impervious to comprehension.

You've certainly outsmarted the English language. You have a 97.634% chance of rendering it completely impervious to comprehension.

You could always express an interesting or relevant thought or something yourself instead of jumping from thread to thread harassing people.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom