Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

She's young and we're not and what you say struck me today cause when you mature you don't care what other people think or at least not as much anyway.

My brother had a friend who was embarrassed to buy toilet paper cause he worried about what the cute girl working in the store would think of him.

True.
But apparently she feels free to share her feelings, thoughts and ideas on this site. It's just the contradiction.
Maybe the the embarrassment is bothering her much less cause it is a bit more anonymous.
For which I am cause I like her posts. And I think they are funny.

For the guy embarrassed about buying the toiletpaper, I can imagine his feelings but the choice isn't very difficult cause the embarrassment of not having toilet paper in your house is much bigger.
Suppose you have a guest or guests?
What would you do? Give them yesterday's newspaper, if available? :eek:

sound delish, but i aint got any of that other stuff. its just grand marnier at the moment, which im currently drinking pure, as per gerrits advice. it somehow seems wrong though, like i would enjoy it more mixed with something.

Than mix it with whatever you like Rifke!
The cocktail hand in glove suggest sounds delicious.
I am going to try it out.
Will name it "the hand in glove" cause you know every cocktail needs a name. :D
You create one yourself and name it the Rifke!:p

What intrigues me Rifke, is the discrepancy between the fair, unashamed, honest posts, the free spirit in it, your stories about your everyday life, your fantasies and the fear for feeling embarrassed, what other people might think of you, when going down the liquor store or any public occasion.

Why don't you say, or think for yourself, f*** it, I don't care what other people think or might think or fansasize. They can go to hell. Bye, bye and say hi to Beelzebub. :cool:
What is it to them. You mind your own business, you are not interfering with their lives, so they don't have to interfere with yours. :p
the thing is i operate under a very sophisticated system of neurosis, so sophisticated that i often dont understand it myself. there are things i dont like to buy. i dont for example like people to see me buying potato chips (i rarely buy them anyway, but sometimes i get a craving), yet i have no issue with people seeing me buying chocolate. there are even certain words i dont like to say, and if i use them, out of lack of a better word, it will bother me afterward. like for example i was trying to explain a situation here to a colleague about these two who were convicted in a plot to bomb the parliament buildings, but were released from jail because it was shown that the police were trying to entrap them by "egging them on". but i absolutely hate the term "egging on", so much that i used every other word i could think of to avoid having to use that term. i'm not really sure why, i just dont want to use it. i am rather unashamed and honest, very much so actually, if i have the opportunity to explain myself and my feelings about things, but when i go into the liquor store to buy alcohol it's not like im going to be able to dive into a thorough explanation on why im here buying this and how i feel about it to the liquor clerk, and not being able to do so makes me nervous.
but anyway, i bought the grand marnier! and am drinking it now! pure! is grand marnier pure what you would call a "stiff drink"? i need to knwo because i would like to be able to say after a long day at work "im going home for a stiff drink", very adult-like.

Than mix it with whatever you like Rifke!
The cocktail hand in glove suggest sounds delicious.
I am going to try it out.
Will name it "the hand in glove" cause you know every cocktail needs a name. :D
You create one yourself and name it the Rifke!:p
capital idea! im gonna stick with the coke, i like it that way! very tasty. im curious what 'the gerrit" would be?

the thing is i operate under a very sophisticated system of neurosis, so sophisticated that i often dont understand it myself. there are things i dont like to buy. i dont for example like people to see me buying potato chips (i rarely buy them anyway, but sometimes i get a craving), yet i have no issue with people seeing me buying chocolate. there are even certain words i dont like to say, and if i use them, out of lack of a better word, it will bother me afterward. like for example i was trying to explain a situation here to a colleague about these two who were convicted in a plot to bomb the parliament buildings, but were released from jail because it was shown that the police were trying to entrap them by "egging them on". but i absolutely hate the term "egging on", so much that i used every other word i could think of to avoid having to use that term. i'm not really sure why, i just dont want to use it. i am rather unashamed and honest, very much so actually, if i have the opportunity to explain myself and my feelings about things, but when i go into the liquor store to buy alcohol it's not like im going to be able to dive into a thorough explanation on why im here buying this and how i feel about it to the liquor clerk, and not being able to do so makes me nervous.
but anyway, i bought the grand marnier! and am drinking it now! pure! is grand marnier pure what you would call a "stiff drink"? i need to knwo because i would like to be able to say after a long day at work "im going home for a stiff drink", very adult-like.
although actually i should say that when i went into the liquor store today i wasnt nervous at all. nothing to it! sometimes i just get anticipatory anxiety about things, imagining they're going to be way more complicated than they actually are.

This spring I celebrate 25 years since I last had any friends my own age in my hometown. I simply wanted to travel and experience things and they did not.

That summer I went to see Nirvana live in Stockholm close to my birthday and was speeding the rental car back home so much so a police car was chasing me.

This is a special on swedish tv from that gig, I am jumping about in that cloud of dust:

My dad still has the same jacket as Kurt featuring a map of the world.

Well usually it is a digestive. Like grappa. You drink it after having dinner, with coffee for instance.
When going for a short walk afterwards it is supposed to support the digestion.
I forgot the alcohol percentage in Grand Marnier.
If it 40% it is the same as most common cognacs, whiskey's, brandy's or grappa's and you can call that a stiff drink. But it is more sweet and sugary in taste.
I like grappa, or Armagnac, or what is called eau de vie. (Life water!).
Because they are a bit more pure and not caramelized like cognac or Grand Marnier.
Make a mix of the Grand Marnier Rifke if you like it better mixed!
Cheers.

Haha! Lush it up!!

Mix 1 fluid ounce of Grand Marnier with:
1 fluid ounce triple sec
1 fluid ounce citron vodka
1 fluid ounce cranberry juice
1 lime twist

Mmmmmmmmm....! :thumb:

Sounds nice hand in glove!
Going to try that out.
And while every cocktail needs a name I will call it "the hand in glove"!
Cheers!

True.
But apparently she feels free to share her feelings, thoughts and ideas on this site. It's just the contradiction.
Maybe the the embarrassment is bothering her much less cause it is a bit more anonymous.
For which I am cause I like her posts. And I think they are funny.

For the guy embarrassed about buying the toiletpaper, I can imagine his feelings but the choice isn't very difficult cause the embarrassment of not having toilet paper in your house is much bigger.
Suppose you have a guest or guests?
What would you do? Give them yesterday's newspaper, if available? :eek:

The dude became a very bitter and fat bus driver who was riding a SAAB in his free time and he stuffed his face with cake and other unhealthy things. He ended up hating women.

capital idea! im gonna stick with the coke, i like it that way! very tasty. im curious what 'the gerrit" would be?

I like my drinks pure and straight.
Whisky, cognac, grappa, Armagnac. No ice. Sometimes a Beerenburger. Made of very delicious fine herbs.
But a grappa or a limoncello right from the fridge is delicious.
If it is about more sweet and syrupy I would like to create a cocktail with limoncello or even aranchello.
Must be freezing cold. Only with one other drink, or scrambled ice!
For in the summer when it's so hot, I long for the winter. :p

sound delish, but i aint got any of that other stuff. its just grand marnier at the moment, which im currently drinking pure, as per gerrits advice. it somehow seems wrong though, like i would enjoy it more mixed with something.
It is good either way!

The dude became a very bitter and fat bus driver who was riding a SAAB in his free time and he stuffed his face with cake and other unhealthy things. He ended up hating women.

There is a story in there.
Now write that novel! :thumb:

Well usually it is a digestive. Like grappa. You drink it after having dinner, with coffee for instance.
When going for a short walk afterwards it is supposed to support the digestion.
I forgot the alcohol percentage in Grand Marnier.
If it 40% it is the same as most common cognacs, whiskey's, brandy's or grappa's and you can call that a stiff drink. But it is more sweet and sugary in taste.
I like grappa, or Armagnac, or what is called eau de vie. (Life water!).
Because they are a bit more pure and not caramelized like cognac or Grand Marnier.
Make a mix of the Grand Marnier Rifke if you like it better mixed!
Cheers.
ah it's caramelized! that's why i like it so much! oh so you drink it with coffee! oh gerrit, you are so learned! so do you mix it with coffee or just drink it alongside coffee? should i be starting my mornings with a coffee and grand marnier to go with my pop tarts? i feel like i should probably take up drinking. it's not that i want to or that i feel any need to, rather it's a decision based on logic. you see(!), i have a horrible life--horrible job, and am surrounded constantly by horrible people, etc. but im the type of person that forgets pain after it's subsided. physical, emotional, mental, whatever. so that by the time a painful experience is over with, im of the mindset that "that was sort of fun!" and am ready for another. in this way, my grievances are never validated, being as they are forgotten. you might think this is a good thing but i am also the sort of person who likes to feel afflicted by grievances, to be occupied by them, to dwell on them. forgetting about them makes me feel cheated out of them. so if i act like i have to self medicate, by drinking, then i will be constantly aware that there's something i am self medicating for. in that way, i will always be aware of my constantly aggrieved state and will never just push it off in favour of thinking everything is dandy, like a f***ing simpleton would. i will be drinking as a reality check. makes sense right? i have to say, im pretty proud of myself to have ascended to this level of sophisticated thinking that i've worked out that drinking is the best thing i can possibly do under the circumstances. i feel like this is the beginning of a truly adult life.

ah it's caramelized! that's why i like it so much! oh so you drink it with coffee! oh gerrit, you are so learned! so do you mix it with coffee or just drink it alongside coffee? should i be starting my mornings with a coffee and grand marnier to go with my pop tarts? i feel like i should probably take up drinking. it's not that i want to or that i feel any need to, rather it's a decision based on logic. you see(!), i have a horrible life--horrible job, and am surrounded constantly by horrible people, etc. but im the type of person that forgets pain after it's subsided. physical, emotional, mental, whatever. so that by the time a painful experience is over with, im of the mindset that "that was sort of fun!" and am ready for another. in this way, my grievances are never validated, being as they are forgotten. you might think this is a good thing but i am also the sort of person who likes to feel afflicted by grievances, to be occupied by them, to dwell on them. forgetting about them makes me feel cheated out of them. so if i act like i have to self medicate, by drinking, then i will be constantly aware that there's something i am self medicating for. in that way, i will always be aware of my constantly aggrieved state and will never just push it off in favour of thinking everything is dandy, like a f***ing simpleton would. i will be drinking as a reality check. makes sense right? i have to say, im pretty proud of myself to have ascended to this level of sophisticated thinking that i've worked out that drinking is the best thing i can possibly do under the circumstances. i feel like this is the beginning of a truly adult life.

You can mix it with coffee like you do with the Irish Coffee. But certainly not the Grand Marnier.
But I would advise against that.
I like the change, the variety of having a sip of the coffee and one from the beverage.
But you can find out yourself or course.

I know what you mean with the horrible job and things in life making you miserable.
Most people are not very happy with their jobs but many are able to push that feeling away and to balance it they search for enjoyment in the rare timeslots that they are free.

I know you have a talent for writing.
Maybe you experience the unhappy sides of life so much more strongly.
You know the saying, an unhappy childhood is a writers goldmine.
Why would it be restricted to childhood?
And some people have a longer lasting childhood then others.

You could try, just for yourself to write "it" all down and get some satisfaction out of it cause you have that talent and phantasy. It can work as a therapy, as a byproduct. Try different forms of writing. Poems, essays, short stories, novels.

Many people don't get in to that thinking and writing in detail as you do cause they tend to be preoccupied with all the very boring but necessary things of daily life. You have talent for fantasy and to focus on that as you already do can have a satisfying effect and pushing away that miserable feeling, I believe.

Just exploit it.
And now forget about my amateur psycho babble, it's just that I like you and am a bit concerned!
Please don't overdo it with the liquor Rifke!

You can mix it with coffee like you do with the Irish Coffee. But certainly not the Grand Marnier.
I like the change, the variety of having a sip of the coffee and one from the beverage.

I know what you mean with the horrible job and things in life making you miserable.
Most people are not very happy with their jobs but many are able to push that feeling away and to balance it they search for enjoyment in the rare timeslots that they are free.

You could try, just for yourself to write "it" all down and get some satisfaction out of it cause you have that talent and phantasy. It can work as a therapy, as a byproduct. Try different forms of writing. Poems, essays, short stories, novels.

Many people don't get in to that thinking and writing in detail as you do cause they tend to be preoccupied with all the very boring but necessary things of daily life. You have talent for fantasy and to focus on that as you already do can have a satisfying effect and pushing away that miserable feeling, I believe.

Just exploit it.
And now forget about my amateur psycho babble, it's just that I like you and am a bit concerned!

My mother made irish coffee on special occasions and had the right glasses for them too. I can almost feel the smell of it and when I do I hear Johnny Cash cause her best mates husband worked in Canada and USA and I remember him returning once with a magnum bottle of whiskey that is still the largest I have seen. Somehow he convinced the men at the customs to allow him to bring it into Sweden free of charge.

Now you lovebirds can get on with it while I grow a Hitler tash.

Just exploit it.
well thanks for your concern, you're a sweetheart! im not really going to take up drinking though, i was only kidding. im already concerned about what im supposed to do with the bottle (once it's empty) of grand marnier, since i dont want my hungarian landlady to see it in the recycling :p

i wouldnt say im unhappy, just deeply disatisfied and i dont know what to do about that. pretty sure drinking isnt the answer though :D

what i like better than writing--since i dont much like writing, as there are so many variables involved, so many different ways to do it and it's frustrating and daunting trying to properly align them all--is to have good conversations with people, and i havent had that in so long. its really hard when you're surrounded by boring brainless people who just talk about stupid shit. i would say that's the cause of the greatest disatisfaction in my life, and everytime i come away from one of these unsatisfying encounters i feel very upset. i always recover quickly but it's a situation and feeling that repeats itself over and over throughout the day. *sigh* ANYway....

well at least i have you to talk to, in any case! :)

well thanks for your concern, you're a sweetheart! im not really going to take up drinking though, i was only kidding. im already concerned about what im supposed to do with the bottle (once it's empty) of grand marnier, since i dont want my hungarian landlady to see it in the recycling :p

i wouldnt say im unhappy, just deeply disatisfied and i dont know what to do about that. pretty sure drinking isnt the answer though :D

what i like better than writing--since i dont much like writing, as there are so many variables involved, so many different ways to do it and it's frustrating and daunting trying to properly align them all--is to have good conversations with people, and i havent had that in so long. its really hard when you're surrounded by boring brainless people who just talk about stupid shit. i would say that's the cause of the greatest disatisfaction in my life, and everytime i come away from one of these unsatisfying encounters i feel very upset. i always recover quickly but it's a situation and feeling that repeats itself over and over throughout the day. *sigh* ANYway....

well at least i have you to talk to, in any case! :)

Yes.
And I have you to talk to.
I feel a bit relieved you are not that unhappy as I thought.
The thing is, like you I have a preference to be alone, on my own, for the most part.

I do have social contacts with other people but only for short periods and there always is a moment, and it doesn't take long, I feel bored and there comes a very strong desire to be at my home again as quickly as possible. I am not saying any denigrating things about those people, they are nice and friends,, it just happens.
I think it is just me. I feel free at my home. I almost never feel the urge to go out just to be away from my home, feeling lonely or alone.

Sometimes I go out to the city centre, to a bar or a club.
Or I go for a walk on the beach.
I enjoy that but meeting very interesting people is a rare occasion.
So you are not alone in that too! ;)

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom