Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

But Rifke, everybody reacts differently. You might feel nothing in particular NOW, but it might come later.
Sometimes people feel enormously emotional and cry immediately but for some it is going to sink in later.
It doesn't say anything in particular about you right now.
There is an advantage though for people who react directly and very emotionally, that is they start with the process of getting through earlier.
Don't think about it too much, if you liked your grandmother you will have nice memories and could sort of relive them and in that way you think about her.
My condolences to you,
Maybe you could write about it in the future.
nah, old ladies arent very poetic subjects. the one thing that did make me sad was looking up my cousins on facebook to see if they said anything about it. i havent seen them for about ten years and i was surprised at how much older they look from what i remember, they were the same old faces, but now with lines etching their way into them. *sigh* how quickly lives are over.

well maybe i will write about it one day-- the summers i used to spend at my grandmas with all my cousins, because i feel like they were really special. i dont think im ever going to be sad about it though. like i said, im not numb, im not incredulous. it's more like a feeling of "well, that's that, then". for some reason i feel like death always has more potency when it happens to someone i dont know.

nah, old ladies arent very poetic subjects. the one thing that did make me sad was looking up my cousins on facebook to see if they said anything about it. i havent seen them for about ten years and i was surprised at how much older they look from what i remember, they were the same old faces, but now with lines etching their way into them. *sigh* how quickly lives are over.

well maybe i will write about it one day-- the summers i used to spend at my grandmas with all my cousins, because i feel like they were really special. i dont think im ever going to be sad about it though. like i said, im not numb, im not incredulous. it's more like a feeling of "well, that's that, then". for some reason i feel like death always has more potency when it happens to someone i dont know.

That's okay, I thought you were being harsh on yourself for not having any emotion.
See, you are now considering writing about it. But I would take some time.
The thing about death is, there is always some awareness in the back of your mind one day any relatives or friends you know can die. When they do it just sort of reconfirms that awareness.
With unknown people that you really like or have another type of relation with it can be more hurtful cause of the shocking surprise.
I'm glad you are okay. :thumb:

The thing about death is, there is always some awareness in the back of your mind one day any relatives or friends you know can die. When they do it just sort of reconfirms that awareness.
With unknown people that you really like or have another type of relation with it can be more hurtful cause of the shocking surprise.
I'm glad you are okay. :thumb:
i think you're right about that!:thumb:

i think you're right about that!:thumb:

So don't punish yourself by asking yourself and others if it is normal you didn't feel any emotion.
It can occupy your mind and cloud your real feelings.
Who IS to say what is normal in these situations and even than, why should you conduct to that standard ?
You know best yourself.

maybe you don't feel bad because you know you'll meet again.... because 'there is no end' .

I believe we're connected to certain souls in our lives to learn a lesson, and if that lesson is not learnt then you'll most likely meet again. I know call me 'silly'.

maybe you don't feel bad because you know you'll meet again.... because 'there is no end' .

I believe we're connected to certain souls in our lives to learn a lesson, and if that lesson is not learnt then you'll most likely meet again. I know call me 'silly'.

No, I won't. :)

yes, that's how i feel: like nothing has changed. reminds me of the poem "death is nothing at all"--a favourite of mine when i was little
http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/death-is-nothing-at-all-by-henry-scott-holland

yes, that's how i feel: like nothing has changed. reminds me of the poem "death is nothing at all"--a favourite of mine when i was little
http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/death-is-nothing-at-all-by-henry-scott-holland

" Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just round the corner.

All is well.
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again! " - Henry Scott-Holland

nice. It's all very strange and at the same time not strange at all.

Last edited:
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just round the corner.

All is well.
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

nice. It's all very strange and at the same time not strange at all.

Very nice.
Did you make that KS ?
I like this poem, very good! :thumb:

I had come on 2 say a few things about the presidential election and about the things Ive now found out about hilary clinton, ( ive done my home work) and it doesnt make 4 happy reading Im afraid !!! and about the allegations towards Donald trump who says these allegations of sexual misconduct and assault being all alleged against him, are ALL VILE DISGUSTING LIES and that he has substantial evidence 2 disprove them.

But none of this matters at the moment !

Im very sorry 2 hear about your loss and passing over of your grandma Rifke.

Bereavement
affects people differently and you will mourn in your own way, its normal 2 feel initial feelings of denial and " a nothing " then sometimes emotions of anger that they have left you and then sadness at your loss ect and sometimes accompanied by tears as and when or if this happens .
But please remember your relatives will be with you in spirit all the time and never leave you !

Please take care and share your feelings with others if you feel it helps ! :)

my grandma died. i always imagined i'd feel sad when this day arrived, but instead i feel nothing, absolutely nothing. not numb, just nothing. im not bothered at all. in fact, i was sadder when david bowie died. is that normal? what's wrong with me? i loved my grandma (mostly) so i'd like to be bothered by it, but im just not.

I'm very sorry for your loss Rifke. Maybe you are suffering an emotional shock.

my condolences, rifke. i wouldn't worry too much about not being able to produce the "appropriate" feeling, and thus making you feel guilty or unappreciative towards your grandma, oh, well this might be a feeling, no? have you seen her regularly?
no, not for about 4 years. i was supposed to go down and visit her in the summer but i put off because it sounded lame. i didnt know she was going to die. it was pneumonia, i think. but seeing recent pictures of her she looked so old and thin, i had no idea.
thanks for the kind words, you are wise!

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom