Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

You have talent. That talent doesn't leave you. Inspiration may, but not talent. It's always there, perhaps in hiding, waiting for the muse, the inspiration to lure it forth. Has your focus moved away because you're away from your artsy friends, or is there another reason? Btw, I can totally relate to missing your romantic artistic friends, I'm going through that period now as I've moved away for a while. You can always make more friends online :) check out deviant art if you haven't. It has everything creative, from sketching, to photography to writing. It's all there in one place. And yes!! Scan them all. I stupidly threw away most of my sketches that were from my younger darker angsty period and I really regret it. I wish I could've thought to scan them. At least it occurred to you!

Have you ever tried scratchboard? I pulled out an old portfolio the other day and saw some scratch practices...each board is a couple bucks, you can get a set of styluses (stylii?) for about $20...your art style seems to suit it. You literally scratch away the black overcoat to reveal the white, but it's fun for texture and crosshatching. It's a way to mindlessly doodle, but more aggressively because you're scraping the paper so it's strangely cathartic. I did these fifteen years ago. Any art supply store has the stuff.

16372590784_65551f9719_b.jpg

16808771469_8156c1e7a8_b.jpg

These are great! I remember scratch boards.

You have talent. That talent doesn't leave you. Inspiration may, but not talent. It's always there, perhaps in hiding, waiting for the muse, the inspiration to lure it forth. Has your focus moved away because you're away from your artsy friends, or is there another reason? Btw, I can totally relate to missing your romantic artistic friends, I'm going through that period now as I've moved away for a while. You can always make more friends online :) check out deviant art if you haven't. It has everything creative, from sketching, to photography to writing. It's all there in one place. And yes!! Scan them all. I stupidly threw away most of my sketches that were from my younger darker angsty period and I really regret it. I wish I could've thought to scan them. At least it occurred to you!

i went back to writing which im better at and get more recognition for. as to the friends and inspiration its really more about the experience. i dont enjoy illustrating by myself but can only write alone so i just do more of that now for that reason and the other i previously mentioned. ive tried to make some more artistic friends but because of my lifes circumstances age and geography it can be difficult. baltimore has an art school called micha which puts out a lot of weird students but creates no art scene. its weird but theres no one doing anything here except stupid diy stuff and i live in the arts district like two blocks from the school. everyone with talent mostly leaves with the exception of a few people but they are very inclusive and just party to much and it all just devolves into an undisciplined mess of drugs and un productiveness. there are some great individual painters but they mostly just stay to themselves. baltimores like the weirdest place ive ever lived in terms of socialization. probably do to the crime and drugs im guessing. hasnt worked for me so far and im not one to have trouble meeting people. i do like deviant art though ive not looked in on it for a long time now. i also ended up marrying some so superficially different, this is probably the biggest barrier to meeting more artistic people as she and they dont mix and i love her, from me and my friends just ended up falling away to do other things as my responsibility went to her. now im surrounded by phd holders in immunology and allergy researchers whose brilliance does not transfer into anything other than science. i joined there book club once during geek love, my recommendation, and i was so frustrated by the stupidity on view that i blew up and walked out. now i just write but who knows maybe ill go back to it. my wifes soon going to be done with yet another freaking degree, the last, and im hoping to get an illustration degree so ill probably meet people there. if i dont ill just switch to another course. thanks for your compliment though. honestly i dont get many

i hope whomever had the idea to put alarms on netflix got a bonus as it was a really good idea since they added the automatic continuation

Since Carwash moved in, the gnat/buzzybug population in the home and backyard has decreased dramatically. If it flies, it dies.

I love, love, love Darshan movies. He's the eagle with the cam on his back they release off tall buildings so you can get POV perspective of the hunt. I think asking Darshan to spot his target off the Burj Kahlifa is a bit much, but that moment when he spots his target and pulls up his wings for the dive? :horny: I saw this video when it happened a few weeks ago, but not from this perspective which shows how damn TALL that building is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not at home. I have crazy cramps, can't sleep and am oddly starving despite eating a baked potato the size of a child's head for dinner. First order of business is getting some ibuprofen...which my friends keep in the closet in their bedroom. :squiffy: which means I have to go out. So I yelp 24/7 local stores/restaurants and am so pissed to find that people abuse the "24/7" as a way to bring their business to the top of the Yelp list or something? So now I'm crampy, starving and angry and need to sneak out of the house without waking their dog and the baby and I'd skip all of this if I could sleep but I've tried for two hours and it ain't happening.

Long story short I think the neighbor lady is haunting me for alluding to her kid being stupid while i was drunk at dinner so I deserve this. :p

I'm not at home. I have crazy cramps, can't sleep and am oddly starving despite eating a baked potato the size of a child's head for dinner. First order of business is getting some ibuprofen...which my friends keep in the closet in their bedroom. :squiffy: which means I have to go out. So I yelp 24/7 local stores/restaurants and am so pissed to find that people abuse the "24/7" as a way to bring their business to the top of the Yelp list or something? So now I'm crampy, starving and angry and need to sneak out of the house without waking their dog and the baby and I'd skip all of this if I could sleep but I've tried for two hours and it ain't happening.

Long story short I think the neighbor lady is haunting me for alluding to her kid being stupid while i was drunk at dinner so I deserve this. :p

yeah they do that on yelp and its been kinda an issue here. same with restaurant reviews etc. hope you feel better and can find some ibpro. rachel gets migraines so i always have some somewhere if i dont bring the dramamine. also yes never insult someones child as its just an instant way to start a fight make things tense even if they are stupid

Baked sweet potatoes are where it's at, woman. You'll eat one and be stuffed for hours. They also work against guarding you from neighbor ladies with stupid kids. I think it has something to do with all their vitamins...or maybe it's their bright orange color.

CAn't. Stop. Yawning.

Want to stay home in bed with the shades drawn and the AC cranked up under the covers watching tv marathons but instead have to go be excited about meaningless crap for money. :p

Blah. Please, world. Add one more happy pregnant lady to my life. :rolleyes:

Slow, slow, sloooow day at work. I'm usually booked solid on Sunday. Appointments every other hour today, I am afraid ...makes the day longer...

Blah.

happy easter everyone. just got back from no mans land visiting family and of course there was a shooting and murder like three miles from there house.

I took it to the bridge. Now sweat is hurting my eyeballs.

bought a new lap top i know nothing about. guess ill be figuring this out today and i dont think its gonna go well. some, intel asus, thing. seems nice but ive no way of really determining

Never judge a book by it's cover.

- - - Updated - - -

1150x647

11082644_844110868957707_3587017402204003697_n.jpg

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom