It is basically an invitation-only thread. :cool:

Invited guests:
bikubesong
chica
mspendl828

So...
Talk!

Last edited:
YAY!! This is wonderful. Now.....something sensible. Finally. So what to talk about?? Hmm.....I wonder where Viva's at?? And I think Kui, my most favourite album is Your Arsenal, at least for now....until I hear the rest. And Strangeways, yup I have to say is also my favourite so far. ;)

Your Arsenal is so very close to being my favorite. What it all comes down to is, Morrissey is so incredibly good, you cannot compare the songs themselves, the bare quality of them, it's impossible. So I just try to look at the all albums as the big picture, look at the theme of them, their style, what they "stand for". And Southpaw Grammar is so incredibly unique, unexpected, rough, vibrant, and epic, so I have to go with that one. :cool:

EDIT: Viva rarely comes on during the day, he's usually is away from his computer all day while I come and go regularly.

Exactly, that's what makes it so hard to choose! But I tend to like the songs that everyone else doesn't, the most unique ones, not the ones that are most widely known or liked. Such as Suedehead. So widely known and loved, mostly by newbie's and of course oldtimer's:p .....yup. I don't like it as much. Even though it is still a great song.

Your Arsenal is so very close to being my favorite. What it all comes down to is, Morrissey is so incredibly good, you cannot compare the songs themselves, the bare quality of them, it's impossible. So I just try to look at the all albums as the big picture, look at the theme of them, their style, what they "stand for". And Southpaw Grammar is so incredibly unique, unexpected, rough, vibrant, and epic, so I have to go with that one. :cool:

EDIT: Viva rarely comes on during the day, he's usually is away from his computer all day while I come and go regularly.

Yeah I know. that's what makes it so hard to chat with him! I'm rarely on at night(or when he's on in general), or at least I think I'm not.

I remember a while ago starting a random five-song discussion thread in General Discussion. Let's do something similar here. I'll name a song, say what I think about it, and then you say what you think about it. Then you name another song, say what you think about it, and I say what I think about it and then name another song, and it goes on like that.

So I'll start:
Boxers

I love this song, he manages to make a lyric about a boxer losing a fight seem so poetic. :p And I think this is one of his finest vocal melodies, in the way it works so perfectly with the backing music.

Now you say what you think about Boxers and name another song and give your take on that one too. :)

Thank you for asking. :) I'm not doing that well, but, this is an invitation-only affair. ;) I explained how I feel in virtie's thread. :p

Okay, I temporarily invite you to be this civil and polite. ;)

I remember a while ago starting a random five-song discussion thread in General Discussion. Let's do something similar here. I'll name a song, say what I think about it, and then you say what you think about it. Then you name another song, say what you think about it, and I say what I think about it and then name another song, and it goes on like that.

So I'll start:
Boxers

I love this song, he manages to make a lyric about a boxer losing a fight seem so poetic. :p And I think this is one of his finest vocal melodies, in the way it works so perfectly with the backing music.

Now you say what you think about Boxers and name another song and give your take on that one too. :)

Ok sounds good.

Well, I do like the song, listening to it right now, just to refresh my memory.
You know what's strange is right when he talks about loosing in front of his home croud, it made me directly think about failing in some part of life or with something in front of people who are watching you and your life, I have no clue why I thought that about the song! But it's amazing how Moz can talk about someone loosing a game in front of his home-town.....it sounding so wonderful. Kinda lifts your spirits in a way, the part where he says that "they love you all the same". Cuz in life hopefully people would love you all the same.

So here's my song::

Shoplifter's Of The World(of course, and well...my mind is blank of what to choose!)

It's an amzing song! The way he sings it, the way his voice sounds with so many different notes. It can be the same sentence or line, but so many parts of it sound different. And then the best part, my sig, brings the whole song together with a grand and final climax!

Last edited:
Shoplifters

I love it! It's my favorite Smiths song (probably, it's a tight race ;)). The music is of course outstanding, amazing guitar work from Marr, with a fantastic bridge/solo. But Moz's vocal really brings the whole song together. His voice has never sounded better in my opinion, the way he tends to change the delivery of the lines just a little bit, especially at the very end, it's marvelous. And the part in your sig is my favorite part too. ;)

Okay, another song now: Reel Around the Fountain

It is obviously beautiful, it doesn't seem that long if you ask me, it seems like it kind of takes you in, you almost get lost in it somehow. :o I really love the organ and the piano that was added on the studio version. My favorite part is the "I dreamt about you last night" bridge, his voice and the piano in that part are great.

Reel Around The Fountain

Aww, I love this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's one of my favourites. One of my favourite parts is "fifteen minutes witrh you, well I wouldn't say no" It's sweet when someone quotes it too you! But another part I love is "I dreamt about you last night and I fell out of bed twice" I shuckle to myself, but then it's sweet at the same time. The piano part is my favourite instrumental part could I say?? Yup, it is.

Girl Afraid

Such a typical(maybe) story of a boy and girl. :p The beggining of the guitar is absolutely amazing. I would love to learn how to play it one day. I am very fascinated with the way Marr can play the guitar. Reminds me of my dad. I bet he could play that part of Girl Afraid....hmmm....I don't know. But I love the lyrics of the song. I can just picture it all happening in my head.

Girl Afraid

Of couse very good guitar and bass. ;) The different components of the music work so well together. I think this is a bit of understated classic example of early Morrissey and Marr. The guitar is very Marr and the lyrics are very early Morrissey to me.

Next one: Paint a Vulgar Picture

One of my top favorites probably. The vocals and the music are excellent and work so well together. Even though it is long, it doesn't seem that long to me, it flows so well and all the little touches make it interesting the whole way through. I think that is a clear sign of how good a long song is, if it keeps you interested the whole way through and it doesn't seem that long. The lyrics are fantastic too of course. I think this is actually a perfect song in the sense that all the components have given their all and they all work marvelously together. And of course I am in love with the solo and when I listen to the song I usually play it back three times. :o

This thread is a special one just for us. ;) It was created specifically for:
Kuiper
slum mum 1974
Strange Fear
thewarroom
!Viva Hate!
westendgirl

It is basically an invitation-only thread. :cool:

So...
Talk!

so any one who joined solo in 2006 can't post on this thread?????????

why may i ask?

i'm not trying to sound funny, but talking about Morrissey/smiths songs etc should be in the discussions threads? need loads more people can see it and join in.

sorry westendgirl didn't see your join date:o

why do need an invite to post on any thread here?

don't really understand such alienating behavior from you Kuiper:confused:

Back
Top Bottom