Post-Tour Notes from Moz

ellekari, I took the comment to mean he felt Capote was a society parasite first and a writer second. This is a common knock on Capote and was somewhat true in the last years of his life. His downfall tends to occupy people's minds rather than the first-rate prose he wrote in the earlier years of his career, beginning in the Forties and reaching its peak with "In Cold Blood". A more apt pronouncement might have been, "The movie 'Capote' was a reminder of how much of a shame it was that such a great writer spent the last years of his life sneaking around watching people". Again, just my opinion.

"On the nighttime drive from Karlstad to Oslo I felt surprised, amazed and privileged to be alive. The scenery was tearfully breath taking; full moon on still lakes"

I would never have thought that my hero ever would consider to comment on the humble places where I grew up, but now he has and I love him even more!

:)

(And I was one of the last people in the world to hear Street Life Morrissey version as well :) . Come back to Oslo, Moz. Lots of parks for you to hang around without being harrassed! )

I did not enjoy the Dublin festival as much as I'd hoped; the Point would've been better. Just as, earlier in the year, the two nights at the Olympia seemed silly; the Point would've been better. Also, at Marlay Park I had no say in the rest of the bill, yet the groups were presented on all advertising as being my special guests! Now, of course, as nice as the Magic Numbers are - and they are - my own choice of bill would have been Kristeen Young, Damien Dumpster (if he would deign), the Immediate, Sack, the Pony Club, The Seven Deadly Skins, Gaynor Tension, and Annie Balls.... I'm not saying they'd agree to take part, but I would've asked....

Well said Morrissey. Not the right venue for you.
However if you were lucky enough to have seen him in The Olympia, what a night! Tiny, sweaty venue with amazing proximity to the man himself.
Next time The Point!!

Always interesting to hear his personal highlights... I can almost hear him reading that letter in my head.

No comments on the Manchester gigs i notice ,shame as i thought his hometown would have been worth a mention ......but there we are!

Back
Top Bottom