Post Millennial: "Morrissey: How did the ultimate anti-establishment artist make it against all odds?" by Fiona Dodwell (October 17, 2020)

"We have become acclimatized to safe public figures who brand themselves as a commodity like a soft drink, palatable at first but devoid of any substantial nourishment."

FWD.

UPDATE Oct. 18:

Posted by Nerak:

It's now linked on Central.

With a Linder photo.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Step One: Have the musical genius Johnny Marr write the songs.

Step Three : Have a successful solo career, sticking to his guns, speaking his mind and put out an album like I Am Not A Dog On A Chain being up there with his very best.

:cool:

Step 4 - declare that you prefer your own race, wholeheartedly endorse a pro-military, protect the rich, far-right political party, and consequently lose 70% of your record-buying fanbase and 50% of your live audience within just 18 short months. Genius!

She talks about his 'dedicated army of fans'. So dedicated that of the 50,000 that bought Low High School, only 8,000 bought Dog on a String. Other than Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson, a pop star has never lost so many fans so rapidly in musical history. It's one hell of an achievement, albeit a negative one. Boycotted by record shops, nightclubs, websites and radio stations, across the land.

Uhhhh, hmmm, let me think...
Perhaps, because he’s the ultimate anti establishment artist.

Only the regular humans follow the stablish ment. Or turn their eye to the other side pretending everything is ok. Morrisey is not that kind. And I like it. ! Rebel rebel. !

Step 5
Sell out and avoid paying tax, then piss and moan that the NHS failed your beloved Mother.

:greatbritain::knife:

... and if you must go to work tomorrow
well if I were you I really wouldn't bother
for there are brighter sides to life
and I should know because I've seen them
but not often ...

RIP SAMUEL PATY! VIVE LA FRANCE!

Last edited:
Another absolutely worthless piece of "writing" from this parasitic hack. For the love of God, f*** off Fiona.

"We have become acclimatized to safe public figures who brand themselves as a commodity like a soft drink, palatable at first but devoid of any substantial nourishment."

FWD.

99% sure that chick's a guy.

Did you notice she used lots of the arguments that people wrote on this site some time ago? That's nice.

I see post-millennials have no problem with shitty ads being plastered all over their content.

How many different ways can you write "He may be a racist, but I like him?". This is the journalistic equivalent of chopping out the words, throwing them in a bag, randomly pulling them out, and claiming it as a new article. Awful ego-polishing shite.

She talks about his 'dedicated army of fans'. So dedicated that of the 50,000 that bought Low High School, only 8,000 bought Dog on a String. Other than Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson, a pop star has never lost so many fans so rapidly in musical history. It's one hell of an achievement, albeit a negative one. Boycotted by record shops, nightclubs, websites and radio stations, across the land.

Michael Jackson's sales & streams are booming.

Gary only had a couple of hits in the 70s & they'll last - whether it would be possible to sell a feelgood nostalgia tour for a convicted sex offender is a different thing.

Then you get cases like Michael Barrymore - his scandal shattered his confidence with his audience & his act was built around participation - so it isn't possible to go back even if he had a heap of positive publicity.

Which is closer to Morrissey's problem. He's never built a narrative around himself & he gets put off by the things projected on to him.

You'll post the exact same thing in a month, but I've got a deadline to miss, so it's reply to posts or clean the cooker. 🥳

Dodwell can’t stop herself can she. Her desire to be in the Morrissey Good Book, taking her place with his nephew on one side, and her on the other, is so obvious it‘s laughable.

The eternal sixth form writer is at it again.

For those of us who remember when Morrissey’s star shone so brightly, and he was truly in demand, Dodwell acts as a reminder of how bad things have become. The apologist in residence.

How many different ways can you write "He may be a racist, but I like him?". This is the journalistic equivalent of chopping out the words, throwing them in a bag, randomly pulling them out, and claiming it as a new article. Awful ego-polishing shite.
Again, your lack of self-awareness is very alarming.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom