Portland, OR - Schnitzer Concert Hall (Oct. 31, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Spent The Day In Bed / Alma Matters / Speedway / When You Open Your Legs / Home Is A Question Mark / Istanbul / When Last I Spoke To Carol / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey Previews New Album at U.S. Tour Opener in Portland on Halloween by Robert Ham - Billboard. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photos by Sam Gehrke Photography (9 total) - Official Morrissey / Facebook. Link posted by Famous when dead.
    41157_portland.jpg
  • Photos (2 total) from @samgehrkephotography / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.
    41158_portland2.jpg

• Chrissie Hynde backdrop during "Back On The Chain Gang" posted by an anonymous person:
    41136_back_on_the_chain_gang_backdrop.jpg

• Image from @farkomalarco / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Creeps #MorrisseyTour2017 #Halloween
    41143_portland-band.jpg

Last edited:
Some nuggets...

Videos pre-show, a few re-runs but mostly new ones.
Moz looks better in person than recent pics.
Strangely had his left hand in his pants pocket for 1/4 of the show. Very casual.
Poor girl who couldn't get on stage her self, was helped up by security, and Moz didn't even go over to shake her hand before they put
back in the audience. That was bush-league Morrissey.
Boz looked absolutely bored out of his mind, except for maybe a couple of times. Absolutely bored.
Moz dropped the microphone during one of the encores and when picked it up said 'professional'. That was funny.
The smoke for "Jack" was WAY too thick. I've seen this song live before with the smoke. You gotta tone that down a little fellas.
I was surprised he didn't play "Jacky". I almost thought he was gonna come out for a 2nd encore and the audience did too I think
because there were people working with the instruments but not putting them away, and the lights stayed off while some weird
music played....but then the lights turned on. Very weird.
Walker....you're a stud on the drums. Love it. You do a great job. Although "How Soon" is played often, the highlight is clearly
your finale.
During finale "Shoplifters", at least a good 90 seconds shaking hands on Jesse's side at the end.
Moz hired bouncer on Jesse's side....wouldn't want to mess with that guy. Not sure if he's new, but there were some front rowers
that clearly pissed him off, and I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of that guy.
Voice was strong. For 58 years old, gotta give that to him.
While "World Peace" should clearly be dropped from set list, someone (probably Boz) made some marked improvements in the
woeful previous transition from that instrument Gustavo plays at the beginning to the song. Much more smoother now.
Istanbul has been fine-tuned also. Sounds better. Heartier. Clearly that song has been worked on.
No Klaus intro...something else I've never heard before.
Someone gave him an old LP Viva Hate that he signed. That was cool.
More...but others will chime in.

Walking out after the last song, the person next to me knew that I had seen Moz a couple of times previous. The person asked me something to the effect of 'was he sick' or 'he looked really tired'.

Show 1 folks.
Thanks for coming to Portland Mozzer. Good show. Not the best. But I wouldn't pay for a ticket if I didn't wanna see ya.

Is Jessie's side the right side when looking at the stage? Someone handed him an LP to sign from the front row and he did?

Thanks

or are you just upset that you decided not to go, it's all right we all make mistakes, maybe next time, if there is one.

;)
Ket, I've seen him plenty. :lbf: He is the only stubborn goat out there who seems to go "Tour time? Did we keep the setlists? Good. I'll pencil in a couple new numbers." I don't feel that I made a mistake.

The only regret I have is that I couldn't stick it to the scalpers by taking advantage of one of the KRAZY MORRISSEY'S FIRE SALE!!! tickets. That was great to see. f*** scalpers. Or don't. Scalpers don't deserve to be f***ed.

Ket, I've seen him plenty. :lbf: He is the only stubborn goat out there who seems to go "Tour time? Did we keep the setlists? Good. I'll pencil in a couple new numbers." I don't feel that I made a mistake.

The only regret I have is that I couldn't stick it to the scalpers by taking advantage of one of the KRAZY MORRISSEY'S FIRE SALE!!! tickets. That was great to see. f*** scalpers. Or don't. Scalpers don't deserve to be f***ed.

maybe next time. :thumb:

maybe next time. :thumb:
Maybe. If he comes in summer, I'm already planning a road trip with the fam, so timing would have to be right.
I feel comfortable with the number of times I've seen him so far. I'm not notching my metaphorical Morrissey concert bedpost, so to speak, but if I did, I could die happy knowing I got plenty of Moz in my day.

Well you're a tosser and a half aren't you?

If your younger self saw how you are now he would cry and self-lobotomize himself with a knitting needle so he wouldn't have to experience the sadness of reading about Morrissey live because he'd be a right royal drama queen pontificating plonker who thinks 'I Started Something...' is 'utter shit'?

No the song I started something is not utter shit just you and the parents who brought you into this world are utter shit.

5 new songs out of 22 songs is "too heavy on new songs"? Sometimes I'm speechless about some concert goers today.
Agree, and what't the point of doing covers? He has hundreds of his own songs to choose from.

Agree, and what't the point of doing covers? He has hundreds of his own songs to choose from.
He's nearly 60. Maybe he's planning an album of standards both Elvis and alternative. I know I was disappointed when I bought Morrissey under the influence only to find out it was a mix tape.

I thought it was a fine show, that the band was in fine form, and the Moz sounded great. Beautiful venue. We know that he responds if the crowd responds and the crowd was pretty tame. AND, this was not a sold out show. Scalpers were selling tickets for half the original price. I'm sure the crowd was denied a second encore because of this. I was near the front and couldn't see the balcony, but I bet he could see empty seats up there and I bet he could see streams of people leaving after the first encore. This is typical Portland.

No sold out venues yet, isn't that a first ? even Hollywood Bowl (but it's understandable for this venue according to the tickets price).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom