Portland, OR - Schnitzer Concert Hall (Oct. 31, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Spent The Day In Bed / Alma Matters / Speedway / When You Open Your Legs / Home Is A Question Mark / Istanbul / When Last I Spoke To Carol / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey Previews New Album at U.S. Tour Opener in Portland on Halloween by Robert Ham - Billboard. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photos by Sam Gehrke Photography (9 total) - Official Morrissey / Facebook. Link posted by Famous when dead.
    41157_portland.jpg
  • Photos (2 total) from @samgehrkephotography / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.
    41158_portland2.jpg

• Chrissie Hynde backdrop during "Back On The Chain Gang" posted by an anonymous person:
    41136_back_on_the_chain_gang_backdrop.jpg

• Image from @farkomalarco / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Creeps #MorrisseyTour2017 #Halloween
    41143_portland-band.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking setlist, I will agree that HSIN, Ganglord, WPINOYB, Istanbul, and MIM are overplayed at this point

Anyone know which song he came on to? Or the pre-gig videos?
Immediately before he came on, it was the Lipsinka "f*** me, f*** me, f*** me!" video.
The exact same one he's used for the last decade or so.

After a good listen, the new tracks appear (to my ears) to fit in fine with the setlist.
The always ignored here thought for the day:
Subjective topics do not have right or wrong ways of seeing them - regardless of how fiercely you present your view.
Regards,
FWD

Decent setlist.

Are they still ruining Speedway with the cringe-inducing switcheroo?

He should allow people to pick online from a list of 60 songs, and then play the top 20 as voted by the fans. Even just once let the fans pick. Bands like The Cure don't need to do that because they play 40+ songs from almost all their albums.

He should allow people to pick online from a list of 60 songs, and then play the top 20 as voted by the fans. Even just once let the fans pick. Bands like The Cure don't need to do that because they play 40+ songs from almost all their albums.

He should also do Pepsi commercials.

I could hear HSIN and Ganglord for the rest of eternity
Years ago I said that about "Speedway" but now it's just another overplayed song.

IMHO he should open his set with 'Journalists who lie' played in a high-energy Ramones style. And for a first encore he should play 'Get off the stage' and if the audience was particularly good he should do a cover of 'We are the champions' by Queen as a second encore, but changing the lyrics to 'I am the champion'.

I watched the show on periscope and I think he sounded really good. It made me excited for the hollywood bowl show. The new songs are really growing on me.

We are so lucky to have him.

Odd that with all the The Queen is Dead reissue hoopla he didn't play anything off that. Just earlier this year he was doing TQID and TIALTNGO.

It seems pretty balanced there were 5 new songs and 4 The Smiths and 2 covers.

Looks a good set
10 of the songs were the same ones he played on the last trip through Oregon. And that was 2 years ago. Several others are from his most recent round of touring. I started something was a welcome surprise to see on the setlist, and the new songs are well, new, but c'mon man. Shake it up a bit.

It's weird to see so much promotion for a new album, yet he won't promote himself by going beyond a basic group of about 25 -30 songs that he's been playing to death for what? well over half a decade now. It's bizarre.

IMHO he should open his set with 'Journalists who lie' played in a high-energy Ramones style. And for a first encore he should play 'Get off the stage' and if the audience was particularly good he should do a cover of 'We are the champions' by Queen as a second encore, but changing the lyrics to 'I am the champion'.

good suggestion. i would add a third encore "kiss me a lot" with the trumpets.

10 of the songs were the same ones he played on the last trip through Oregon. And that was 2 years ago. Several others are from his most recent round of touring. I started something was a welcome surprise to see on the setlist, and the new songs are well, new, but c'mon man. Shake it up a bit.

It's weird to see so much promotion for a new album, yet he won't promote himself by going beyond a basic group of about 25 -30 songs that he's been playing to death for what? well over half a decade now. It's bizarre.

or are you just upset that you decided not to go, it's all right we all make mistakes, maybe next time, if there is one.

;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom