Port Chester, NY - Capitol Theatre (Jan. 19, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Alma Matters / Maladjusted / Still Ill / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / November Spawned A Monster / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Johnnymel9

• Photos (19 total) by Brother Apostle / flickr. Link posted by docinwestchester.

portchester.jpg

Last edited:
So I saw this show, and Morrissey was awesome - the show was great, love the open floor idea as opposed to seats.....
I live in Sandy Hook and I was brought to TEARS when he made a mention of us, and then played Black Cloud. It was hard to not cry - this whole thing has been so devastating. This is the first thing I have planned for and attended since the massacre here. It was really great for me until Meat Is Murder started, and "could be human cries" "this beautiful creature must die" oh my, I pretty much lost it and had to leave. Had to miss How Soon encore sadly. I don't think I will ever listen to MIM the same again. deep breathes!! MOZ ~You gave me something that I won't forget too soon...... Love, Kathy

that joke isn't funny anymore, maybe my video have the other people background! sorry about that... thats all i have. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
that joke isn't funny anymore, maybe my video have the other people background! sorry about that... thats all i have. :)

Rumour is they're gonna be doing the summer season in Benidorm and sticky Vicky is gonna be the warm up act

Mozzer gettin' nekked!

Thank you, that was my third favorite part of that night, only got my phone out fast enough for one picture before a shirtless Moz ran off. Though im sure the guy screaming "SHOW US YOUR NIPPLES" is also to thank for that.

The show was great. I'm an Iraq vet and my wife just got out of the hospital. Morissey was amazing. I made the show at the capitol. He is my John Lennon. I was a Hardcore punk kid when I was young and now and became something. and I just think he's amazing. He changed my life and way of thinking by seeing him. POSITIVE.

I could not get to the page to download the audio of the concert... anybody can upload to Mediafire, rapidshare, filestube or whatever you can! i really appreciate that...

Watching the clips, reading the reports and listening to the .MP3's I'm amazed there is still negativity spewed up in the comments (though it's definitely being drowned out by positivity). This is not sycophancy -- it was obviously a storming show and Morrissey (and his band) are in excellent form in general. Great set list!

Anthony has quickly shaped up to be a fine addition to the band. Thoughts?

Is there a list of all the videos played before Morrissey came on?

Watching the clips, reading the reports and listening to the .MP3's I'm amazed there is still negativity spewed up in the comments (though it's definitely being drowned out by positivity). This is not sycophancy -- it was obviously a storming show and Morrissey (and his band) are in excellent form in general. Great set list!

What a shame that you have to almost make an apology for being positive about the show and comments. It is certainly NOT sycophantic to say you love Morrissey, it is what most genuine fans would do. This Hateful Online Crèche has stopped people from expressing love and positivity and encourages hatred, which is real shame. Don't ever apologise for loving Moz.

Bobby-Sue

Best drumming since Woodie Taylor. I don't know much about the technical skills of drummers though; can only judge the way Anthony actually carries the songs (as opposed to kicking their butts [songs do have butts, don't they?]) while still adding tiny little moments of surprise and excellence every now and then. Love it.

I agree. I'm relatively new to Morrissey, certainly not a Smiths era fan, but after my meager 5 shows of his and hundreds of other bands' shows, I can say that I'm utterly consumed by Morrissey live. Brooklyn, Reading and Port Chester blew me away, and I sit here today scheming how to get to more asap. Granted none of the songs are overplayed to my ears, but I've seen a lot of younger/newer acts phone in a lot of low quality shows lately, to the point where I've walked out or regretted going at all. I more than get my money's worth with Morrissey. Plus, he's hot to boot... ;-) Listening to the audio from Port Chester reaffirms for me how ass kicking that show was. Damn!

What a shame that you have to almost make an apology for being positive about the show and comments. It is certainly NOT sycophantic to say you love Morrissey, it is what most genuine fans would do. This Hateful Online Crèche has stopped people from expressing love and positivity and encourages hatred, which is real shame. Don't ever apologise for loving Moz.

Bobby-Sue

Pack it in. You're making yourself look even more of a dope pretending to be many different people here.

P.

Last edited:
Pack it in. You're making yourself look even more of a dope pretending to be many different people here.

P.

Whereas those who moderate and maintain this hateful online creche don't look stupid at all...? Just asking lol.

I agree. I'm relatively new to Morrissey, certainly not a Smiths era fan, but after my meager 5 shows of his and hundreds of other bands' shows, I can say that I'm utterly consumed by Morrissey live. Brooklyn, Reading and Port Chester blew me away, and I sit here today scheming how to get to more asap. Granted none of the songs are overplayed to my ears, but I've seen a lot of younger/newer acts phone in a lot of low quality shows lately, to the point where I've walked out or regretted going at all. I more than get my money's worth with Morrissey. Plus, he's hot to boot... ;-) Listening to the audio from Port Chester reaffirms for me how ass kicking that show was. Damn!

Right there with ya sistah! Bravo!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom