Port Chester, NY - Capitol Theatre (Jan. 19, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Alma Matters / Maladjusted / Still Ill / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / November Spawned A Monster / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Johnnymel9

• Photos (19 total) by Brother Apostle / flickr. Link posted by docinwestchester.

portchester.jpg

Last edited:
this was my post that i added at the Reading post show comments because i was unable to be the first to post when i got home last night. can anyone tell me kindly: are only certain members permitted to begin threads??? thanks, ba
p.s. another very good recording. who wants to help with the upload at dime-a-dozen for 10-6; 10-10 and 1-19-13?

why can't i be the first post with the PORTCHESTER setlist??? do you need to be a mod or admin to begin the post show comments???

That Joke
Speedway > THESE THINGS TAKE TIME
Everyday
Action
Shoplifters
Alma
Maladjust
Ill
Paris
Ouija
Fatty
Cloud
November
To Give
Know Over
Kiss
Please
Meat
encore How Soon

Love this leg of the NY area shows so far. MUCH better choice of NYC venues than Terminal 5 or even Radio City.
Capitol Theater was small, intimate, and beautifully restored with great sound.
I knew we were in for a treat as the opening bars of the first song were something new.
Barrier was quite far from the stage but managed to touch Moz's fingers for a bit.
His voice, may I say, is sounding far better than the October leg. How can it be? The ending of I Know It's Over is just gorgeous where he alternates his voice up and down (sorry for the lack of technical terms!). He's also seemed to lost some weight as I've seen others comment.
Kristeen mentioned they were on their way to feeling better last night, so hopefully the flu has passed over them. :guitar:

Having just watched That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, I can safely say that this would be a Morrissey gig where I could have walked away very happy after the opening song. The Usher Hall in Edinburgh last year (Last Night I Dreamt) and Barrowlands in 2002 (I Want The One I Can't Have) being the others.

this was my post that i added at the Reading post show comments because i was unable to be the first to post when i got home last night. can anyone tell me kindly: are only certain members permitted to begin threads??? thanks, ba
p.s. another very good recording. who wants to help with the upload at dime-a-dozen for 10-6; 10-10 and 1-19-13?

why can't i be the first post with the PORTCHESTER setlist??? do you need to be a mod or admin to begin the post show comments???

That Joke
Speedway > THESE THINGS TAKE TIME
Everyday
Action
Shoplifters
Alma
Maladjust
Ill
Paris
Ouija
Fatty
Cloud
November
To Give
Know Over
Kiss
Please
Meat
encore How Soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yiV2lcC54A

Feel lucky to have the beautiful Capitol Theatre so close to home, and even luckier that they booked last night's Morrissey show. Glad that the stage invaders waited until the end to make their move as I usually enjoy that spectacle, but don't like it if it threatens to end the show early. I was very happy for the kid behind me at the end who I moved out of the way for so he could attempt an invasion. He waited for just the right moment, and made it , which was a big thrill for this 52 year old who knew he wasn't getting up there himself!

Although I enjoy every Moz show, this stood out as one of my favorites. I loved when he giggled and smirked after two girls yelled take it off. Still smiling just thinking about hearing Joke Isn't Funny :D

is not the intro he used tonight the same as from the Kill Uncle tour (like "Live In Dallas")?

It was. I remember it also playing as the into when he played in Cleveland. '91, if memory serves..

i do not know if it is the molly talking from last nite but by far best show of the week.

way better than BAM and HOB in AC.

nice setlist, better crowd, beautiful theater in a far off place, and of course, Morrissey.

the northeast will miss you!

Wow. :eek: Something's making Morrissey happy to sing that. Beautiful.

Or could it be his new songs making him un-happy cause they're crap and he's going back to the old songs. (SMITHS SONGS)

It's funny how the young Morrissey youth hate The Smiths era and all talk of re-unions yet just look at the comments on here and they're creaming their underwear
cause he played a Smiths song, so funny.
I bet Johnny,Mike and Andy must laugh their bollocks off seeing this lot trying to play these songs and struggle so badly even with an extra man and keyboard.
Or am I just expecting to much from a caberet backing band ? Well, well, well !

Definitely NOT played in Wolverhampton in 1988. Has The Moz ever sung this live before (in his solo years)? Methinks not.

This is the first time he ever played it solo. I just hope it lasts until Chicago, as he already seems to have dropped Sweet And Tender Hooligan and Spring-Heeled Jim, which would have been much better than Black Cloud and Let Me Kiss You.

The poster who thought That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore was played at Wolverhampton might be thinking of the stage backdrop, which was the image from the single sleeve.

Morrissey concert number 20 for me, and up there with the best I've been to, top 3 I'd say.
Fantastic hearing That Joke for the first time I can recall and Please Please Please was stunning. Everything came together - the music was excellent, his voice was in great form, and the crowd was great too. Wish I were going to more concerts on this leg now!

Since everyone likes to talk about crowd psychology here, I think it's interesting that they stop invading when Morrissey turns to Anthony and he starts banging the drums at the end, it's almost like a "Okay stop now" spell put on the crowd or something.

I really want to try this but I always have the worst luck. At 3:30 on the left there's a guy climbing over people...I'm usually underneath that guy. :straightface: I almost lost my glasses once. If I got those frog strap things and looked like a total geek but kept my glasses safely on my face I might try it. I dunno.

My mother would literally kill me and/or have a heart attack if she saw I was in a crowd like that. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time he ever played it solo. I just hope it lasts until Chicago, as he already seems to have dropped Sweet And Tender Hooligan and Spring-Heeled Jim, which would have been much better than Black Cloud and Let Me Kiss You.

The poster who thought That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore was played at Wolverhampton might be thinking of the stage backdrop, which was the image from the single sleeve.
Yes, indeed you are correct. The backdrop got me confused. Sorry about that.

the previous poster was referring to the intro music... klaus nomi's wayward sisters, not any smiths song. wayard sisters was used for all of the kill uncle tour and used quite frequently after that. I, for one, was happy to see it back.

definately not in 1991, not in Dallas or Cleveland, not a Smiths song was played in 1991

end.

moz was great.

the crowd, not so much. drunk people are idiots. i've been slowly getting more and more annoyed with nyc area crowds and this show proved the point.

dude that was yelling at the twins. had you touched them, your night was going to go downhill real fast.

all in all, you want to get wasted and obnoxious, stay home.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom