Pop up Mporium shop at Sugar Mutts, NY (Sep. 24, 25, 2016) - Morrissey Official / Facebook

It's his life, and he can do what he wants, but I'm uncomfortable with this. They say "A fee and % profit will go to Sugar Mutts.", which means that this seems to be a commercial exercise on the back of the charity. Why not say they will give 100%?

39101_sugar_mutts.jpg

UPDATE Oct. 2:

Link posted by Roberto Ferdenzi:

Scenes from Morrissey's Mporium pop-up at Sugar Mutts Rescue - Metro

39181_morrissey2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a silly question...as usual. :babyangel:

What's keeping them from...straightforwardly announcing the percentage? They're always so vague about that, we've had the case before, no?

Could it be because... it's a ridiculously low one, and they're all shady :swear anyway?

Or are they just really really bad at Maths?

Well at least nobody is asking for the re-release of a song about chihuahuas for self-serving purposes... COUGH.

This will draw a lot of fans, so it's great exposure for the charity. Hopefully several dogs will find forever homes during this event.

This is making me think of how some of his closest friends work their asses off in the shadows to get animals adopted and all he's done for years is promote euthanasia enthusiasts.
It's kind of unfair that people think of him as a saintly rescuer just because his majesty suddenly feels like signing a poster...and giving twelve dollars and two cents...

Oh well. Guess that's better than nothing.
Let's hope he's finally seen the light.

Sure. But he's still making money off the back of a charity.
I see your point, but no matter where he places the stores, he's making money. At least he chose to put it where it will help someone and possibly save lives. I don't see this as such a bad thing.

I see your point, but no matter where he places the stores, he's making money. At least he chose to put it where it will help someone and possibly save lives. I don't see this as such a bad thing.

So why doesn't he just say he'll give ALL proceeds to the animal charity? As I said, whichever way you look at it, he's making money off the back of the charity.

So why doesn't he just say he'll give ALL proceeds to the animal charity?

:violin:Mozzer Mooooozzeeeer
Priiide of the Shelteeer
Say you'll give all the moneyyy
to the doggiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies
in the alleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...:violin:

God that song gets me every time.

It's for a good cause, but I wonder if everyone is going to ask who that guy is on the flyer if they weren't born or were Morrissey fans in 1991.

Why should he give ALL proceeds to the animal charity?

He HAS to.
If he doesn't he will be exposed as a hypocrite.
Inconsequential and a fraud.

I have the right to know exactly what the deal is.
My godlike hero cannot profit from something as sacred as animals.
He is not human but a God and needs to behave like one.

If he does not name percentage and other details soon, I will burn all my Moz stuff.
Well if I have regrets, there's Utube, and Solow.

What is he supposed to say in advert? All proceeds less overhead, variable, fixed costs, to be donated to charity? That sounds dumb. I am sure Morrissey will make sure they get a good donation. He isn't cheap when it comes to animals.

" Do I like butter !"
The 4kin pop up daylight robbery shop seems to be popping up a little to often now.
Somebody please tell me it's a bad dream. (L O L Buzzcocks :laughing:)
Something tells me all is not well if 'we're' having to resort to cunning plans like this.
This is what happens when you don't listen to good advice.
Should have sacked the Lawnmowers years ago.
I think it might be to late to get on this years I'm a celebrity but you never know.
Basically there is no interest now, he's pushed the music industry to far and it's come back and bit him right on his humasexual bum cheeks.
He's now reliant on Marred and the gang, the botz and the munchkins to keep him in cheese, eggs and butter.
Everyday is chug rock day !

Pop up shop :rofl:
In this year of the reaper let us pray he comes quickly to put an end to all this embarrassing shit.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

For pity's sake. Most charities sell things to raise money, and businesses giving a portion of profits from an activity to charity is so common it doesn't really need remarking on. It takes bizarre mental creativity to turn it into an ethical issue.

If it would say something to the like of...'all proceeds above costs will go to the charity' I think people would be more comfortable with the transparency, and hence, more willing to participate.

On a side note, I liked the band-aid with the east/west ends cut off, circa 'We Hate It...' sleeve.

I wonder how he chose this charity. Maybe he visited them? And liked what he saw.
It's great that he chose them, as so many dogs & cats are euthanized by ACC in NYC. This place pulls the adoptable ones.
We'd like to think that we can save them all.....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom